d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Lvl 30 Pnb Necro Guide
12323Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Dec 17 2006 10:07am
In this guide we will be covering 4 diffrent types of lvl 30 Necro PnB builds, Low budget, High budget, Damage optimal, Faster Cast. We will be hitting all the breakpoints and discussing the alternatives and there disadvantages. Also some minor tips on how to duel Vs specific char classes.

Low budget Damage optimal

Basic set up for low budjet 56FHR/75FCR lvl 30 Necro. I would not suggest going for any lower then the listed breakpoints

Helm:Pesants Sockted with a Perfect Skulled Or shaled.
Armor: Skin of the vipermagi Perfeft skulled Or shaled.
Belt: 5FCR crafted belt or more, Prefed other mods would be 10-24FHR, Replenish life.
Gloves: Magefists
Boots: Sanders
Ring #1: 10%FCR Ring, Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life.
Ring #2: Soj
Amulet: +2Poison and Bone, 10FCR. Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life.

Wepon:
You hit the 75% FCR with the gear listed above, For a low budjet damage build just shop a wand with +1-2Poison and bone, +2-3 Perfed mod (Spear or spirit). Try to have a minimum of +4 preferd mod. If you find one with 10-20% FCR, just lose the FCR ring and use a soj (10FCR), Lose the belt if you find a 20FCR +5 wand and use a 24% FHR belt with mods such as Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life.

Sheild:
Ryme with +3 Prefered mod (Spear or spirit)

Inventory:
14-15Life small charms, 3%Frw small charms. Try to balance these out to your own personal prefrance
Inventory: Depending on weather you shaled your gear or P skulled it. Your going to need ither 0-11 FHR Small charms, Includeing belt.

Skills Tree:
Teeth - 1Point
Corpse Explosion - 1Point
Bone Spear - Max
Bone Spirit - Max
Bone armor - 1Point
Bone wall - Max
Bone Prison - Rest of your left over points

Low budget Faster Cast

Basic set up for low budjet 86FHR/125FCR lvl 30 Necro. I would not suggest going for any lower then the listed breakpoints. All gear is going to be Perfect skulled with this build.

Helm: +2PnB 20%FCR Circlet. Any other mods are considerd a bonus
Armor: Skin of the vipermagi
Belt: 17-24% FHR rare belt. Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, replenish life.
Ring #1: 10%FCR Ring, Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life.
Amulet: +2Poison and Bone, 10FCR. Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life.

Wepon:35% FCR spirit sword

Sheild: Ryme with +3 Prefered mod (Spear or spirit)

Inventory: 14-15Life small charms, 3%Frw small charms. Try to balance these out to your own personal prefrance
Inventory: X1-2 FHR small charms. Depeding on belts FHR.

Skills Tree:
Teeth - 1Point
Bone Spear - Max
Bone Spirit - Max
Bone armor - 1Point
Bone wall - Max

high budget Damage Optimal

Basic set up for High budjet 56FHR/75FCR lvl 30 Necro. I would not suggest going for any lower then the listed breakpoints. Feel free to test the 39% FHR breakpoint, I have not tryed this but you can save about 0-105 Life depeding on weather gear is shaled or not. Only do this if your good at not gettin hit

Helm: +2PnB 20%FCR 30%FRW Circlet. Other mods are considerd a bonus
Armor: Skin of the vipermagi.
Belt: 24% FHR Strength, Life rare belt. Prefered other mods would be: replenish life.
Ring #1: Soj
Amulet: +2Poison and Bone, 10FCR. Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life. icon_pointl.gif Have at least 2 of the prefered mods

Wepon:+2 Poison and bone, +3 Prefered mod (Spear or spirit), 20% FCR wand. These can be blue shoppable wands, but rares can also spawn with life/Mana/Res mods. If your really lucky it will spawn with bad manner mods such as Amp, Life Tap, Lower res, Decrep, Revive. Very helpfull in team dueling.

Sheild
: +2Poison and bone +3 Prefered mod (Spear or spirit). icon_pointl.gif- Try to get the +3 prefered mod to match the wand. Prefered other mods would be: FHR, Deflecting, 2 Sockets, Res, Life, Mana, Str, Dex.

Inventory: 15Life small charms with Res you are lacking or mana. Try to stack Lightning and cold res to counter Cold mastery + Foh/Conviction pallys.
Inventory: 3%Frw small charms with Res you are lacking or mana. Try to stack Lightning and cold res to counter Cold mastery + Foh/Conviction pallys. Try to balance these out to your own personal prefrance,
Inventory: Depending on weather you shaled your gear or P skulled it. Your going to need ither 0-7 FHR Small charms with Res you are lacking or mana.

Skills Tree:

Teeth - 1Point
Bone Spear - Max
Bone Spirit - Max
Bone armor - 1Point
Bone wall - Max

High budget Faster Cast

Basic set up for low budjet 86FHR/125FCR lvl 30 Necro. All gear is going to be Perfect skulled with this build. There are no alternative FHR breakpoints with this build.

Helm: +2PnB 20%FCR 30%FRW Circlet. Any other mods are considerd a bonus
Armor: Skin of the vipermagi
Belt: 10%FCR 17-24% FHR Crafted belt
Ring #1: Soj
Amulet: +2Poison and Bone, 10FCR. Prefered other mods would be: Strength, Life, Mana, replenish life. icon_pointl.gif Have at least 2 of the prefered mods

Wepon: 35% FCR spirit sword

Sheild:
+2Poison and bone +3 Prefered mod (Spear or spirit). Prefered other mods would be: FHR, Deflecting, 2 Sockets, Res, Life, Mana, Str, Dex.

Inventory:
15Life small charms with Res you are lacking or mana. Try to stack Lightning and cold res to counter Cold mastery + Foh/Conviction pallys.
Inventory: 3%Frw small charms with Res you are lacking or mana. Try to stack Lightning and cold res to counter Cold mastery + Foh/Conviction pallys. Try to balance these out to your own personal prefrance.
Inventory: X2 FHR Small charms with Res you are lacking or mana

Skills Tree:

Teeth - 1Point
Bone Spear - Max
Bone Spirit - Max
Bone armor - 1Point
Bone wall - Max

Helpfull tips
These go in priority from a personal oppinion.

#0 Have fun smile.gif
#1 Stock Large amounts of Frw
#2 Pump as many points into vita as you can.
#3 Get spirits to chase, Then spear in the walking path of the opponet.
#4 Use bone wall to block off projectile damage.
#5 For low budget builds have insight on switch
#6 For high budget builds have a tele charge staff on switch - Repair with Ort + Chipped gem.
#7 Keep your distance from fire ball sorcs. There splash damage will deminish any FHR breakpoint you have toe to toe.
#8 Try haveing 60%-75% Block for opponents that do physical damage. Its always fun to watch a caster tank a physical damaging char icon_pointl.gif Only try this with a ryme or deflecting mod sheild.
#9 Team Low level duels are always fun
#10 Don't let high levels ruin your fun, Show them who's boss smile.gif

Dueling tips
Ill start by covering the hardest duel of all for LLD PnB necros. SORCS!!!

Fireball Sorcs: These duels are going to be very difficult because of the splash damage on fire ball. If they get in your face and spam fire ball you are done for, all there is to it.
Try to keep your distance, Hit them with spears and spirit from afar as much as you can. Use bone wall to block off there fire balls allowing you to get a few extra casts in wile he thinks his fire balls are comming right at you, just be defensive the whole duel and try not to let the opponet get close in on you. Keep a distance and stay high on the Hp. Also if the opponet is useing a energy sheild build. This can allow him to take alot of damage and regen all mana quickly with an insight on switch. That will be your chance for the offensive move and a chance to end the duel. Just don't get cocky and take unwanted damage.

Blizz sorcs: Once again, This kind of duel is going to be a tricky one, not just because blizz is instant damage but cold mastry comes into effect if you don't have stacked cold resistance. Your main goal is to try and not to walk underneath or into the blizzard. Be quick and always watch out for where it is being casted. Your 2 best options are to keep a distance and cast from afar, or get right beside the cold sorc and spam bone spear Its the hardest way for them to blizz an opponet when its right beside them. Wall will be useless in this duel for a defensive tatic but try to use it as an offensive when there running away from your spears, if they run that is. Block off there path of movement and trying to combine a well placed spear with spirit for a large amount of damage at once. Also if the opponet is useing a energy sheild build. That will be your chance for the offensive move and a chance to end the duel. Just don't get cocky and take unwanted damage.

Bow zons: Same duel strat for Fire ball sorcs mainly, Accept you can abuse there passives dodges if you have 125% FCR. Once you get them into a tunnel of spears just keep on spamming, there dodges will activate so much to the point where they cant move, this will be your shot at the kill. Other then that keep your distance, Wall off there arrows and play it safe untill you have a chance to get them into dodge lock, or play defensive all duel. Both work well.

Carged strike zons:
Get in there face and spam bone spear, Hope for a dodge lock. If you have low FCR.... Nothing to say but the best of luck to ya ices_blah.gif

Trappers:
Go purely offensive on this opponet, Dodge mind blast as much as you possibly can and spear + spirit from afar, if the opponet gets close get spears to chase him and spear in the path, continue takeing the offensive untill you can spot out a trap being set up for the assassin to mind blast + trap surround you. Go back to the defensive and wait for a offensive oppening to finish the duel

Everything else: Just take the offensive strat and avoid as much damage as possible, Bone wall your self into corners or even set up your own Bone wall fort in the middle of an open feild. For wirl wind barbs if you stack FRW like explained in the above you should be able to just walk around there wirl winds and spear/spirit in there path of direction.

Hope this helps anyone out with any inspired Low level PnB necros. Pm me for any questions you may have concerning my setups.

Regards

-XeC

This post was edited by MrXeC on Dec 17 2006 10:34am
Banned
Warn: 40%
Dec 17 2006 10:16am
The bold is hard on the eyes.
Dec 17 2006 10:18am
Quote (ClanBK @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 04:16pm)
The bold is hard on the eyes.

Doing alot of changes to the bolded topics now
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Dec 17 2006 10:45am
Nice indeed, got myself a 125fcr / 86fhr 140frw nec, also got ~20 replife and it works wonders. How much frw are you using?

Would also like to see how you handle hammerdins, since thats the most common char.
Gold: 10,643.00
Dec 17 2006 10:46am
Also, it´s Shael not Shal sad.gif

But it´s a very nice guide smile.gif

This post was edited by BeQuickOrBeDead on Dec 17 2006 10:46am
Dec 17 2006 10:55am
Quote (BeQuickOrBeDead @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 04:46pm)
Also, it´s Shael not Shal sad.gif

But it´s a very nice guide smile.gif

Typos suck don't they wink.gif. I think I got most of my spelling mistakes I read through it a few times during the bolded topic editing, hopefully its good to go now.

Quote (HerrOber @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 04:45pm)
Nice indeed, got myself a 125fcr / 86fhr 140frw nec, also got ~20 replife and it works wonders. How much frw are you using?

Would also like to see how you handle hammerdins, since thats the most common char.

My necro is using 93% FRW. I found this was just enough to get away from zons, they seem to run the fastest. Also I was gettin annoyed of trying to find FRW charms with res/mana. laugh.gif

Seince I can't edit any more.

Hammerdin: This is going to be another tricky opponet especially if they can decynch well. Never stand in the same spot for more then 3 seconds, they will use this opportunity to decynch beside you and hammer, Bone wall your self in an open feild for the defensive tatic, this will reduce there chance of a successful decynch. Also try bonewalling there incomming path, this will make them charge the wall and stop the decynch. Cast 1-3 Bone spirit busts and spear there path of direction. Hammerdins are common amongst lld and do alot of non reducable damage. At all means try not to get hit, keep a good distance and cast from afar the whole duel. If they get close send spirits to follow them and gain your distance once again. The better dueler will come out as the victor.

This post was edited by MrXeC on Dec 17 2006 10:58am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Dec 17 2006 10:59am
Wall + spirit train + a nice spear to stun them does the trick mostly, hard as hell to pull of though. I think the key to success vs a desynch hammerdin is insane frw, 125fcr and loads of mana and replife.

EDIT:

I went for overkill frw to run away from GA:s rofl. Barbs got some killer frw and since you´ll want to walk vs them to be able to block you need frw of the charts. Or you´re one of those lamers who uses boneprison or wall all over the place? laugh.gif /sarcasm.

This post was edited by HerrOber on Dec 17 2006 11:01am
Gold: 399.00
Dec 17 2006 11:04am
very very good work i think ill try it out
Gold: 1,941.44
Dec 17 2006 11:05am
You don't actually use BPrison in duels do you? It's BM right? But Wall is ok? (I've never made pvp bone necro).

Can anyone remember back when you could kill someone by placing bone walls on top of them and crushing them? biggrin.gif
Dec 17 2006 11:07am
Quote (HerrOber @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 04:59pm)
Wall + spirit train + a nice spear to stun them does the trick mostly, hard as hell to pull of though. I think the key to success vs a desynch hammerdin is insane frw, 125fcr and loads of mana and replife.

EDIT:

I went for overkill frw to run away from GA:s rofl. Barbs got some killer frw and since you´ll want to walk vs them to be able to block you need frw of the charts. Or you´re one of those lamers who uses boneprison or wall all over the place? laugh.gif /sarcasm.

Settin up 3-4 Bone walls with proper placemnet is to convenient vs bow zons. I still find even with alot of FRW, any zon that name locks you, the arrows will still hit you if you dash 4-5 screens across blood moor, I got more success just bone walling off there arrows and trying for my own name lock. But everyone duels diffrently laugh.gif

Quote (ste91 @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 05:05pm)
You don't actually use BPrison in duels do you? It's BM right? But Wall is ok? (I've never made pvp bone necro).

Can anyone remember back when you could kill someone by placing bone walls on top of them and crushing them? biggrin.gif

No ste, The points into bone prison are better then teeth because there a syngerie to bone armor. Teeth just adds to Spear/Spirit. Hence why I dump the rest of my points into it, and its also good for bming high levels that try to bombard you low level dueling games with no restrictions.

And if i could still crush opponets with bone wall. No high level would ruin my games ever agian. evil.gif

This post was edited by MrXeC on Dec 17 2006 11:11am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12323Next
Add Reply New Topic