d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Narkz Guide To The Pvp Vita Lite Sorc > Version 1.11
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 294.13
Warn: 10%
Dec 15 2006 06:52pm
Welcome to my indepth Look @ the vitality lightning sorceress
1. Introduction
2. Goals for this build
3. Gear
4. Stats
5. Skills
6. Strategies

1. INTRODUCTION!
This guide is for people who need help when building a pvp lightning sorceress using vitality rather than energy shield

2. Goals For This Build

- to achieve 200 fcr
- to achieve 45k+ dmg
-to achieve 86 fhr
- to achieve 3k+ Life (after bo)

3. Equipment

Helm: Griffons Eye Diadem
Why Choose Griffons?: Well griffons offers 1 skill/ 25 fcr and some mad % lightning dmg and some nice -enemy lightning resistances

Amulet: A nice Sorc Amulet with skills/fcr and maybe some resistances (try to go for a crafted 2 sorc/10 fcr (all you need)/ Resistance amulet)
Why this amulet?: well using this amulet is a MUST because we need the 10 fcr to get us to 200 fcr and also the skills and resistances dont hurt

Weapon: Eschutas Temper Eldritch Orb (get one with +3 skills and 20% lightning damage)
Why Eschutas?: well it gives 3 sorc skills (very handy) 40 fcr (also very nice) and the useful 20% to lightning skill damage

Armor: perfect Upd Vipermagi (id advise to socket this with a 9 str/15 all res jewel)
Why Vmagi?: well it gives the essential 30 fcr and also the 1 skill and 35 resistances are a BONUS!

Shield: Perfect Spirit Monarch
Why Spirit Monarch?: well it gives our sorceress 2 skills/ 35 fcr and 55 fhr Need i say more?

Gloves: Magefists
Why Mages?: they gives us 20% fcr also mana regen, that is why we use mages biggrin.gif

Rings (this means both of them): 10 fcr/str/life/res ring
Why do we need these?: well to reach 200 fcr of course, also the str bonuses from them allow us to put more into vitality, this ring is a MUST if you want to succeed

Belt: Arachnids mesh spiderweb sash
Why arach?: 1 skill/20 fcr/5% more mana, yes some very sexy mods on a belt

Boots: Ethreal Sandstorm treks (preferably with 15 str/15 vitality)
why e treks?: well they give use some nice strength bonuses along with vitality bonuses and also 20 fhr (this allows us to use less fhr gcs and more lifers biggrin.gif)

Inventory:
8x Lightning Grand charms with life mods
1x Lightning Grand charm with faster hit recovery mods
1x sorc torch (HIGH as possible)
1x Anni (high as possible)
10x 20 life scs

These charms are self explanatory, if you need explanation to these charms please Pm me i will answer any questions

4. Stats
Strength: As LITTLE as POSSIBLE! (we need 156 for spirit monarch so have exactly that amount WITH ALL your gear on)
Dexterity: As much as you need (shouldnt be much)
Vitality: EVERYTHING ELSE!
Energy: leave this @ base

5. Skills
20 lightning
20 Charged Bolt
20 nova
20 Chain lightning
20 Light mastery
1 teleport
1 warmth
Rest into thunder storm

*we do not need energy shield because we are a vitality build*

6.Strategies:

Assassins:

Trapper: Hard Duel, these trappers can be fiesty, the way to beat them is to use your fast tele to your advantage, tele around their traps spamming lightning at them, connect with 1 or 2 and they go down, the same is for you aswell, if they connect with 1 or 2 traps you may as well go down, this depends on you and your opponents skill level

Hybrid: Hard Duel, Hybrids can be very hard to duel, their traps mearly stun you they dont do damage, but what kills you are their ww's, my advice is to tele around and spam lightning in their general direction, 7 times out of 10 a hybrid will beat a light sorc so dont worry if you cant beat them immediately

Druid:

Windy: Medium Duel, what you do is use chain lightning on their summons to kill them and then basically, tele around and wait for him to come into range then 1 or 2 shots and hes dead

Melee: Easy Duels, seeing as these chars dont have the charging ability, just stand out of town and wait until he comes near you, then simply shoot him once or MAYBE twice is he is good and he= dead

Necro:

Boner: Hard duel, a good boner will be hard to do, this is basically who has better cast control (who can control their attacks the best), if he is good @ casting his bones then he wins, but if he isnt very good, tele to him and zap him twice and hes dead, *note these guys will not be able to tele as fast as you, so its a hot pursuit*

Poison nova:, easy duels, these chars are jokes, they need to be directly on top of you to hurt you so, let them enter the screen and the shoot them, and they die, its that easy

Barbarian:

BvC: hard duel, a good BvC will thrash you everytime, they are very hard to kill and also can kill us in one or 2 hits all i gotta say is GOOD LUCK!

melee: do i really have to explain? they will try and leap you to stun you, just simply move and shoot move and shoot and you will win

Paladin:

Smiters: Medium Duel, this all depends on how they are with their charge and desynch abilities, you should basically tele infront of them and shoot them, it make take a few shots to kill them, seeing as they have stacked resistances and probably some sorb

Hdin: Easy Duel, seeing as they usually stay stationary and just cast hammers, go in the screen and shoot them, its that easy, 9 times outta 10 you will win

Foher: you= dead

Sorc:

Fire sorc: these are VERY VERY hard duels, seeing as these chars tele just as fast as you and out range you, they will normally win, unless they are noob @ sorcs

Blizzer: these are medium duels, these chars CANNOT tele as fast as you, they also have an attack timer which means they cant cast blizz one after another, so wait until they attempt to hit you with blizz then move in for the kill

Orber:these are medium duels, these chars CANNOT tele as fast as you, they also have an attack timer which means they cant cast orb one after another, so wait until they attempt to hit you with orb then move in for the kill

Lite sorc:n/a i dont know because ive never dueled another lite sorc

Amazon:

Bowzon: medium Duels, this depends on their build, if they have knock back and poisoin damage, they will win the majority of the duels, if they dont, then you will win more than they will, tele around so their arrows dont hit you and then once in range, shoot them with lightning

Javazon:
Not Fc= them dead
fc= you dead

Well i hope you enjoyed my Pvp lite sorc guide and if you have any questions please post them or pm them to me

~narkz

Gold: 2.85
Dec 16 2006 06:25am
I would Just Like to point out i dont think you will have the mana to run this build. Basically With Good +mana gear you have about 800 mana at lvl 90. With a lvl 45+ Lightning it takes way 2 much mana to cast effectivly at 200 fcr. In any prolonged duels you will either be drinking pots or be Dieing from lack of mana. If there is something im missing Please tell me.
Dec 16 2006 11:00am
Quote (JunosFlames @ Sat, Dec 16 2006, 12:25pm)
I would Just Like to point out i dont think you will have the mana to run this build. Basically With Good +mana gear you have about 800 mana at lvl 90. With a lvl 45+ Lightning it takes way 2 much mana to cast effectivly at 200 fcr. In any prolonged duels you will either be drinking pots or be Dieing from lack of mana. If there is something im missing Please tell me.

well you wont really be Lacking mana, you get mana per level and also when you bo it boosts your mana, your tele will take no mana @ all (because of it being high level from bonuses) and also if you need mana pots drink em, but in my experiences ive never needed them
Dec 16 2006 05:57pm
I need more input people biggrin.gif
Gold: 485.00
Dec 16 2006 06:18pm
just commenting upon some of the strategies

Trapper: Hard Duel, these trappers can be fiesty, the way to beat them is to use your fast tele to your advantage, tele around their traps spamming lightning at them, connect with 1 or 2 and they go down, the same is for you aswell, if they connect with 1 or 2 traps you may as well go down, this depends on you and your opponents skill level

agreed, but they should have good resists and sorb so don't expect 1 or 2 hits to kill them

Hybrid: Hard Duel, Hybrids can be very hard to duel, their traps mearly stun you they dont do damage, but what kills you are their ww's, my advice is to tele around and spam lightning in their general direction, 7 times out of 10 a hybrid will beat a light sorc so dont worry if you cant beat them immediately

again, very true, and good tele/ds sins will catch the moment u sit down

Druid:

Windy: Medium Duel, what you do is use chain lightning on their summons to kill them and then basically, tele around and wait for him to come into range then 1 or 2 shots and hes dead

Chain lightning doesn't work if it travels a distance under less time than 4 frames, so cl doesn't work on their summons that well. Same for necro summons. Lightning will pierce all the way through when they land, so that's the best time to fire. They may take longer to kill than 1 or 2 shots (even with 194fcr bp achieved) because of their elemental shield. they'll tank a hit or two and walk out to tele away and recast.

Necro:

Poison nova:, easy duels, these chars are jokes, they need to be directly on top of you to hurt you so, let them enter the screen and the shoot them, and they die, its that easy

Not always true. Some good poison nova necs hurt a lot, and they are evasive enough to get you to chase them into a mistake. Just be careful when chasing, that's all. They rarely try to chase you themselves if they know you can shoot something at their face

Barbarian:

BvC: hard duel, a good BvC will thrash you everytime, they are very hard to kill and also can kill us in one or 2 hits all i gotta say is GOOD LUCK!

Most pub BVCs can be owned if you are intelligent enough. The ones with programs will own you. The godly BVCs will own you even more : (

Paladin:

Hdin: Easy Duel, seeing as they usually stay stationary and just cast hammers, go in the screen and shoot them, its that easy, 9 times outta 10 you will win

Not true with desynchdins nowadays, invisible hammers are the gay

Not always true : D. Don't run from them, sit in their face and fire, either you'll die first or they will

Sorc:

Fire sorc: these are VERY VERY hard duels, seeing as these chars tele just as fast as you and out range you, they will normally win, unless they are noob @ sorcs

Usually I win if they land on my lightning. I have to run away from them : (

I don't prefer 200fcr, but if you actually do get 45k+ damage @ 194+fcr, then you'll own most lite sorcs

[b]Amazon:

Bowzon: medium Duels, this depends on their build, if they have knock back and poisoin damage, they will win the majority of the duels, if they dont, then you will win more than they will, tele around so their arrows dont hit you and then once in range, shoot them with lightning

Strafe is your enemy, regardless of es or not.

Javazon:
Not Fc= them dead
fc= you dead

Again, same with foher, sit in their face. I've actually outtanked one or two fc zons due to the massive damage I do. Then they put on tgods and wisps and raped me =\
Dec 20 2006 08:15pm
Quote (JinDesu @ Sun, Dec 17 2006, 12:18am)
just commenting upon some of the strategies

agreed, but they should have good resists and sorb so don't expect 1 or 2 hits to kill them

again, very true, and good tele/ds sins will catch the moment u sit down

Druid:

Chain lightning doesn't work if it travels a distance under less time than 4 frames, so cl doesn't work on their summons that well. Same for necro summons. Lightning will pierce all the way through when they land, so that's the best time to fire. They may take longer to kill than 1 or 2 shots (even with 194fcr bp achieved) because of their elemental shield. they'll tank a hit or two and walk out to tele away and recast.

Necro:

Not always true. Some good poison nova necs hurt a lot, and they are evasive enough to get you to chase them into a mistake. Just be careful when chasing, that's all. They rarely try to chase you themselves if they know you can shoot something at their face

Barbarian:

Most pub BVCs can be owned if you are intelligent enough. The ones with programs will own you. The godly BVCs will own you even more : (

Paladin:

Not true with desynchdins nowadays, invisible hammers are the gay

Not always true : D. Don't run from them, sit in their face and fire, either you'll die first or they will

Sorc:

Usually I win if they land on my lightning. I have to run away from them : (

I don't prefer 200fcr, but if you actually do get 45k+ damage @ 194+fcr, then you'll own most lite sorcs

[b]Amazon:

Strafe is your enemy, regardless of es or not.

Javazon:
Not Fc= them dead
fc= you dead

Again, same with foher, sit in their face. I've actually outtanked one or two fc zons due to the massive damage I do. Then they put on tgods and wisps and raped me =\

thank you for your imput

i was just stating what works for me
Gold: 485.00
Dec 20 2006 10:16pm
I understand, I would like to duel you but you are on USWest -.-;;
Dec 25 2006 12:57pm
Quote (JinDesu @ Thu, Dec 21 2006, 04:16am)
I understand, I would like to duel you but you are on USWest -.-;;

More imput please
Banned
Gold: 85.19
Warn: 30%
Dec 25 2006 01:21pm
Quote (Narkotics @ Sat, Dec 16 2006, 12:52am)
Helm: Griffons Eye Diadem
Why Choose Griffons?: Well griffons offers 1 skill/ 25 fcr and some mad % lightning dmg and some nice -enemy lightning resistances

3/20/2 = more damage, and the possiblity of more life (shael, pruby)

Weapon: Eschutas Temper Eldritch Orb (get one with +3 skills and 20% lightning damage)
Why Eschutas?: well it gives 3 sorc skills (very handy) 40 fcr (also very nice) and the useful 20% to lightning skill damage

Hoto > Eschutas. 20 rep life + 40 resist > low damage (20% doesnt even add that much only 700ish damage)

Gloves: Magefists
Why Mages?: they gives us 20% fcr also mana regen, that is why we use mages biggrin.gif

Trangs > Mages. 30 cold resist is better then mana regen. Mana pots are your friend.

Boots: Ethreal Sandstorm treks (preferably with 15 str/15 vitality)
why e treks?: well they give use some nice strength bonuses along with vitality bonuses and also 20 fhr (this allows us to use less fhr gcs and more lifers biggrin.gif)

Waterwalks > treks.

15 str = 30life
15 vita = 30life

Waterwalks = 65 life

I dunno what kind of pub hdins you duel...

This post was edited by CrimsonTears on Dec 25 2006 01:22pm
Gold: 6,965.00
Dec 25 2006 01:31pm
do u have rull res with this setup?
I would change hoto to eschuta. hoto got more res / replenish life / max mana and lightning dmg on eschuta doesnt add much dmg.
edit: also trangs are better than trangs IMO cold res is always useful vs cold sorcs. ( -res from coldmastery)

otherwise its nice.

@crimsontears -> actually u lose life if u change sands to waterwalks. because then u also have to change 2x life skiller to 2x fhr skiller

This post was edited by Conflux on Dec 25 2006 01:34pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll