d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Basic Guide To Lld For Newcomers. > Not really a guide, just some guidelines
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,941.44
Dec 1 2006 07:16pm
Ok first of all I'm going to say that this will not tell you any char builds, what items to use, what skills to use, or anything.
I'll try not to go over anything that is already in Hellskin's FAQ.

First of all, you need to think to yourself what level char you want.
You can look in the FAQ for the levels, like I said I'm not going to go over things otherwise this is pointless.
Think of what suits you best. If you'd like to be limited to items and have the duel depending on who has the best items, go for lower levels like 9.
If you want it more to do with casters and how skilled you are, go for a slightly higher level like 30.

Then you need to think what character class you like best.
This is all to do with personal preference, some people love/hate certain char classes.

Keep in mind that -
Casters generally need lots of FRW and mana.
Melee genereally need lots of damage/ar/life.

You also need to think of what type of build you want. You could go with one of the more common builds, or you could even try something that hasnt been done before.

Stats on any LLD char, 95% of the time should be like this:
Enough strength for items.
Enough dexterity for max block if you want MB.
No energy, and all spare on vitality.

When deciding on what items to use and what skills to put point into, ask yourself a few questions:
What do I do vs melee?
What do I do vs casters?
What do I do vs people who run alot?
What do I do vs people who have an advantage over me because of their build?
How versatile do I want my build to be?
Do I make a pure or hybrid?

You should try and answer these questions to yourself, then you will have to work out how to get round the problems. Of course all chars have some sort of weakness.

Try not to read guides to build your char, and if you must read guides, try to think of how you could improve on it.
If you build everything from guides, without trying to learn from your own experiance, you'll never be any better than the guides.
You'll keep yourself restricted to the guide, and you wont improve.

So, think of what char you want, what level, what build, and how you're going to duel against other builds.
It's easier to make a good char if you go through this rather than just saying "oh I'll use this, this, this, and this, because then I'll have this this and this".
You can have all different things, but are they going to be any use to you? You need to work this out for yourself.

Well that's all I can think of for now, this guide is basically telling you what you need to think of to make a low level dueler.
I can't think of anything else it's late and I wrote this guide whilst doing other things so I wrote it all in little bits so it's probably crap.
But I hope it helps some newcomers to LLD who are completely clueless of where to start.
Maybe it will get sticked if I edit it and add some more things or make it better.
Gold: 154.08
Dec 1 2006 07:59pm
bravo. that will definetley help some noobs out there. keep adding stuff and make even betteR smile.gif
Dec 1 2006 08:06pm
Well it's intended to show newcomers that LLD is about building a char yourself, not like HLD where you just get eni/hoto/cta/botd and away you go.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
Dec 1 2006 08:45pm
Quote (ste91 @ Sat, Dec 2 2006, 01:16am)
Ok first of all I'm going to say that this will not tell you any char builds, what items to use, what skills to use, or anything.
I'll try not to go over anything that is already in Hellskin's FAQ.

First of all, you need to think to yourself what level char you want.
You can look in the FAQ for the levels, like I said I'm not going to go over things otherwise this is pointless.
Think of what suits you best. If you'd like to be limited to items and have the duel depending on who has the best items, go for lower levels like 9.
If you want it more to do with casters and how skilled you are, go for a slightly higher level like 30.

Then you need to think what character class you like best.
This is all to do with personal preference, some people love/hate certain char classes.

Keep in mind that -
Casters generally need lots of FRW and mana.
Melee genereally need lots of damage/ar/life.

You also need to think of what type of build you want. You could go with one of the more common builds, or you could even try something that hasnt been done before.

Stats on any LLD char, 95% of the time should be like this:
Enough strength for items.
Enough dexterity for max block if you want MB.
No energy, and all spare on vitality.

When deciding on what items to use and what skills to put point into, ask yourself a few questions:
What do I do vs melee?
What do I do vs casters?
What do I do vs people who run alot?
What do I do vs people who have an advantage over me because of their build?
How versatile do I want my build to be?
Do I make a pure or hybrid?

You should try and answer these questions to yourself, then you will have to work out how to get round the problems. Of course all chars have some sort of weakness.

Try not to read guides to build your char, and if you must read guides, try to think of how you could improve on it.
If you build everything from guides, without trying to learn from your own experiance, you'll never be any better than the guides.
You'll keep yourself restricted to the guide, and you wont improve.

So, think of what char you want, what level, what build, and how you're going to duel against other builds.
It's easier to make a good char if you go through this rather than just saying "oh I'll use this, this, this, and this, because then I'll have this this and this".
You can have all different things, but are they going to be any use to you? You need to work this out for yourself.

Well that's all I can think of for now, this guide is basically telling you what you need to think of to make a low level dueler.
I can't think of anything else it's late and I wrote this guide whilst doing other things so I wrote it all in little bits so it's probably crap.
But I hope it helps some newcomers to LLD who are completely clueless of where to start.
Maybe it will get sticked if I edit it and add some more things or make it better.

pretty nice should be made into a sticky biggrin.gif
Gold: 0.04
Dec 1 2006 09:29pm
I learned a thing or two
Dec 1 2006 10:44pm
Quote (majestikk @ Sat, Dec 2 2006, 03:29am)
I learned a thing or two

Lol really? It's just meant to be some guidelines for newbies to read biggrin.gif
I was going to add to it but I'm not sure yet, i'ts 4:50AM and in a few hours like it will be morning and I haven't gone to sleep yet, might go the whole night but I don't want headache tommorow -.-
Gold: 0.69
Dec 1 2006 10:58pm
Quote (ste91 @ Fri, Dec 1 2006, 08:44pm)
Quote (majestikk @ Sat, Dec 2 2006, 03:29am)
I learned a thing or two

Lol really? It's just meant to be some guidelines for newbies to read biggrin.gif

exactly, you just described dako tongue.gif

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Dec 2 2006 03:24am
nice guide man i like it and what u said.. will help some new low duelers smile.gif
Dec 2 2006 10:21pm
Thanks for comments guys, maybe if Hellskin or others see this guide useful at all, it could be linked in the FAQ sticky or something.
Gold: 905.00
Feb 6 2007 03:56pm
Pretty shit guide IMO

if your new to LLD just make a melee char and try get as much dmg as possible

then work from here.

i think most LLD'ers did the same thing when they started
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic