d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ~ Official Rush Guide ~
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 108.53
Nov 17 2006 02:45pm
~ The Official Rush Guide for Diablo II: LoD v1.11b (1.1)~
~ by: MoS. ~

{{{ About the Author: }}}
    I figured that I should start this off with a little bit about my D2 "career" and why I am qualified to be writing this.  I started off playing D2 on Classic USEast when I was in High School, at least 6 years ago.  I played Softcore at that time and learned the basics of D2.  After about a year I became an avid trader and was involved in a few different Clans.  Most of them were PvP related, but I didn't duel often.  I mainly just played the economy and got richer.  I decided to quit when Expansion came out because I figured that everything was being ruined.

After some time of quitting, I started on Expansion USWest during 1.09.  A few months after establishing myself there, the public "Charsi dupe" craze began, and I once again found myself quitting D2.  I just got tired of it.  After 1.10 was released, I once again started to play D2, this time completely "legit" and decided to play on HCL USEast.  I have been there ever since.

I have also had some Softcore East PvP characters, however I don't really duel much, I just collect items still.  Some of you may know me from their, and more will know me from Hardcore.
{{{ Why I am Writing this Guide: }}}
    There are several reasons for this, but the biggest reason is due to the numerous times of receiving a terrible Rush by someone.  I have completed what I believe to be in the Hundreds of Glitched Rushes this Season (3) alone, and I know what I am doing.  Everything prepared in this Guide comes from my personal experiences on Hardcore and has *SAFETY* in mind, first and foremost.
So without further explanation...

{{{ The Rush Guide: }}}

~@ Before beginning the rush: @~
    1. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL OF THE NECESSARY WAYPOINTS:
      Act 1: Catacombs Level 2
      Act 2: Far Oasis, Lost City, Arcane Santuary, Canyon of the Magi, *Halls of the Dead Level 2 if you don't have a Horadric Cube*
      Act 3: Travanical, Durance of Hate Level 2
      Act 4: River of Flame
      Act 5: Ancients Way, Worldstone Level 2
    2.  Make sure that you stock up on TPs.  I like to carry at least 2 full Tomes myself.  I tend to forget to buy new ones in the middle of the rush.  This cuts down on any problems where you will have to Teleport back to town because you failed to have any in your Tome.
    3.  Create safe Town Portals for your leechers (I will show some screen shots of some hot spots later).  In Hardcore mode, whenever someone makes a TP, we say, "1" for a Safe TP, and "2", for a Hostile TP.  Sometimes you might need to TP back to town because of Iron Maiden or you need more Potions, you don't want a Level 1 taking a TP in the middle of Chaos Sanctuary when this happens.
    4.  List any rules you may have for your leechers up front before the Rush begins.  If you don't want them to touch any of the drops, tell them!
~@ Act 1: @~
  • Take the waypoint to Catacombs Level 2.
  • Kill any monsters in the room with the Stairs and DO NOT open the door into the larger room, TP the leechers by the stairs.
  • Teleport in a NW angle directly towards Anadariel and kill her.
~@ Act 2: @~
  • Take the Far Oasis waypoint and Teleport to the Maggot Lair.  Teleport to Maggot Lair Level 3.
  • Kill Coldworm the Burrower and throw up a TP for the leechers to grab the Horadric Staff.
  • Take the Losty City waypoint and Teleport to the Claw Viper Temple.  Teleport to Clawviper Temple Level 2.
  • Teleport into the middle of Claw Viper Level 2, this area is protected and monsters cannot enter it.  I still recommend that you kill all of the monsters first, before sending a TP for the leechers to grab the Horadric Amulet.
  • Let someone use your cube to Transmute the Staff and the Headpiece.
  • Have someone talk to Drognan before you take the Arcane Sanctuary waypoint, this will allow you to enter the building that Jehryn is in.
  • Teleport in Arcane until you find the correct wing, and clear out the area before the Summoner.  TP a leecher so that he can be present for the killing of the Summoner.
  • Take the red Portal to the Canyon of the Magi, and Teleport to the correct Tomb (See Special Tips).
  • Teleport until you find the Orfice and clear the area.
  • TP the leecher so that he can socket the Staff.
  • Kill Duriel.
  • While the leecher is running to Tyreal, if you're fast you can clear out Chaos Sanctuary and make it to Travanical by the time the leechers are ready in Act3.
~@ Act 3: @~
  • Take the Travanical waypoint.
  • Proceed to clear out all of the monsters surrounding the High Council's building.  At least the Northwest and Northeast sides should be cleared.
  • TP the leechers and tell them not to move!  The Council casts Hydra's.
  • Kill the High Council.  If you gave up your own Horadric Cube to one of the leechers to use in Act 2, you can pick up one after the Council has been killed.
  • Take the Durance of Hate Level 2 waypoint.
  • Teleport to Durance of Hate Level 3.
  • Kill any monsters and Unique Bosses down there.  On both sides!
  • TP the middle platform in front of the Portal to Act 4.  Immediately Teleport off to the side so that your Mercensary will not lure Mephisto over.
  • As soon as a leecher enters, Teleport directly into Mephisto and kill him.
~@ Act 4: @~
  • Take the River of Flame waypoint.
  • Teleport to Chaos Sanctuary, and kill the seal Bosses.  Finish with Lord de Seis.
  • Before Diablo appears, TP the leechers right above the middle circle.
  • The leechers should hide behind one of the two bisecting walls, right next to where the TP should be.
~@ Act 5: @~
  • Take the Ancients Way waypoint and Teleport the to Arreat Summit.
  • TP an appropriate Level leecher to the Arreat Summit behind the Stairwell that led you up to the top.
  • Kill the Ancients.
  • Take the Worldstone Level 2 waypoint and Teleport to the Throne of Destruction.
  • Clear out the Throne before making a TP.
      Paladins:  Use Redemption on any monsters down there, so the 2nd Wave doesn't resurrect anything.
  • TP the leechers and kill the 5 waves.
  • Kill Baal.

{{{ Special Tips About Rushing: }}}
  • Only 1 person in the Party has to be down for a Quest.  Everyone else can leech it in Town, and this includes *EVERY* Quest except for Ancients, where you will not receive credit if you are not of the appropriate level.
  • If for some reason a leecher did not talk to Drognan, the guards will block their entrance to the building Jehryn is in.  Simply Teleport from Arcane waypoint (if you don't have Palace Cellar Level 1) to Harem Level 1.  They can simply run up the stairs and talk to him, and take the TP back near Meshif.
    • Super Note:The leechers *DO NOT* have to be present for the death of Duriel! 
      The leechers *DO NOT* have to be present for the death of Duriel!
      The leechers *DO NOT* have to be present for the death of Duriel!
  • Safe TP Spots: http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tpspotsbu3.jpg icon_pointl.gif VIEW!!!
{{{ Special Note about Arcane Symbols: }}}
  • These are the symbols:
      Circle, Half Moon, Square, Ninja Star, Down Arrows, Triangle, Circle with Half Moon
  • THE CORRECT TOMB SYMBOL IS ALWAYS MISSING IN ARCANE.  THE FLOATING SYMBOLS ARE ALWAYS PRESENT BY THE SUMMONER, EXCEPT FOR THE CORRECT TOMB SYMBOL.
  • The Layout of the 7 Tombs in Canyon of the Magi:
{{{ How to get Level 1's into Hell: }}}
    If none of the characters in the Party are able to enter Worldstone Level 2, you have to get someone who has done Ancients into the party, kill Baal, and leech the quest from Town.  This is most often done by creating a Public game (usually titled "Baal for Quest" or "Baal-###", etc.) and having a stranger come down into the Worldstone Chamber while you kill Baal.  I frown upon this method because most of the time the person is not ready to progress to the next Difficulty level.  I almost consider it stealing.
I am well aware that most of this Guide *SHOULD BE* common knowledge, but I cannot begin to count how many bad Rushes that I have experienced.  Hopefully some of you will learn a thing or two.

PS - Maphack is for n00bs.  rolleyes.gif

This post was edited by MoS. on Nov 17 2006 03:04pm
Gold: 23.53
Warn: 70%
Nov 17 2006 03:00pm
Very nicely made, it is very well organised and pretty easy to understand , GG !

Edit : btw, I have myself received awfull rushes and it is very irritating, lets just hope that this guide will help solving this problem ! 8D

This post was edited by Spitt_Faya on Nov 17 2006 03:05pm
Gold: Locked
Nov 17 2006 03:29pm
act 4 diablo, you should not do de seis last... you should clear ALL and leave one seal un opened (one of the two that does not spawn monsters.....) so that your leachers can all get in before even a CHANCE of diablo running up and hitting someone.

i can not tell you how many times i have seen people open de seis last and then try to port a leacher and diablo runs up and shoots his fire ring or something and 1 hit kills the poor little level ONE

if its your fault or not sometime the leacher will be stupid and not get in place fast enough and die
Gold: 108.53
Nov 17 2006 03:31pm
Quote (cdkeympq @ Fri, 17 Nov 2006, 16:29)
act 4 diablo, you should not do de seis last... you should clear ALL and leave one seal un opened (one of the two that does not spawn monsters.....) so that your leachers can all get in before even a CHANCE of diablo running up and hitting someone.

i can not tell you how many times i have seen people open de seis last and then try to port a leacher and diablo runs up and shoots his fire ring or something and 1 hit kills the poor little level ONE

if its your fault or not sometime the leacher will be stupid and not get in place fast enough and die

Like I said. I keep my guests informed in what is going on. They know to take a TP immediately. I do De Seis last throw up a TP and the leecher has PLENTY of time to hide before Diablo walks out. People on Softcore are idiots. End of story.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 17 2006 04:03pm
very very nice the best rushing guide i have read
Gold: 911.00
Nov 17 2006 07:06pm
A guide like this wouldn't be necesary if people would actualy do some PvM and finish the game a few times before jumping directly to PvP and MF(that and having above 80 IQ). anyway nice layout , this should decrease the number of clueless people by 10% tongue.gif

Edit: and yes if you play the game for a while you can do semi decent without maphack since there are several variations of maps and you can learn them by heart and you can also learn the most often variations of the maps.

This post was edited by Shadow_lad on Nov 17 2006 07:09pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 17 2006 07:53pm
We all know that...
Gold: 911.00
Nov 17 2006 07:55pm
Quote (BdpK @ Sat, Nov 18 2006, 03:53am)
We all know that...

i bet you have people in your friends list that do not know EVERYTHING written here
Gold: 8,666.98
Nov 17 2006 08:02pm
Good guide, and well done
Ok, for us people that have been playing the game for a long time (1.08 version when i started) we know this.
But what is annoying is all the players that do not listen, are not registered here, and run around like headless chickens.
Hopefully this will get stickied for the in-breds to read.
Gold: 10,649.90
Nov 17 2006 08:06pm
I've seen this before

but nice guide
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll