d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Charged Bolt Guide > By permission
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 60%
Nov 4 2006 07:40pm
Introduction
This build is very underused, and unknown to some people. This build will achieve about 1k dmg per charged bolt, 4k+ mana 95% ES 1.5k+ Life, it will use the 63 fcr bp, at frame 8.

The sorceress's main skills will be Lightning, Nova, and Charged Bolt (The main part)
Nova should hit around 2k, Lightning should hit around 15k-20k, And your charged bolt should be 1k dmg per bolt, Which is A LOT with an infinity.

I have tested charged bolt on many chars on open, I made numerous chars just to test how well they could tank this sorc.
6k Life hdin, will die in 2 waves of charged bolts directed right at him.
7k life druid, dies in 2 waves with cyclone armor not recasting.
7k Life bvc dies in 3 waves
all of these chars had Maxed light res.

Please visit
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#General%20Breakpoints

To view some of the sorceress's breakpoints.

The gear

Helmet - Griffons
25FCR, 20/-25 what else can you ask for?

Armor - Chains of Honor
Much needed res, + skills, and some str if you need it.

Weapon - Infinity
Get a low strength one, you want to use this because of its conviction on the weapon.

Amulet - Fletch or 18+FCR ammy
Needed for the 63 fcr bp

Belt - Arach
20FCR needed for bp.

Rings - Sojs
1 skill 25% max mana

Boots - Gspurs, treks, waterwalks
Get whatever you can, gspurs are highly recommended if you can get them on your server; otherwise get a pair of treks/waterwalks

Gloves - Frostburns
40% max mana.

Switch / Inventory
The usual
CTA/Lidless
I don't recommend putting points into str (For spirit) just for 1 extra point into Bc + Bo, just use lidless for bo.

Inventory:
6x Light Lifers
19x Bmanas
20/xx Torch
20/xx/x anni

Stash: Bloodfists, 3x Light fhrs, 1x fhr sc with a mod, and any sorb gear u want.
Skills
Charged Bolt - 20
Lightning - 20
Lightning Mastery - 20
Telekenesis - 20
Energy Shield - As much as you need for 95% ES (Some use prebuff staffs, some don't)
Rest into Nova

Note: If you prefer lightning over nova put rest into a synergy of Lightning.

Before you say my guide sucks because it has no Fhr; just look at the items its using; the only 2 items that literally gives fhr is gspurs or treks/bloodfists u lose 40% mana from the frostburns and a light lifer, I honestly don't think fhr is needed unless its against melee; always keep a few light fhrs and some bloodfists if you are dueling a charger/smiter/zealer whatever.

We want to use extra bmanas since we lose 100+ mana from spirit and 10% max mana from the hoto, the 15/70s should get u around 5k mana which is good enough.

Stats

Strength - None
Dexterity - None
Vitality - 80 Base
Energy - All remaining points

Dueling Strategies

Easy/Medium/Hard/Very Hard

Paladins
Hammerdins, Easy - If they are a tele hdin just nl with CB's; they'll most likely tele on you and they'll get in a fhr lock and die quickly, if they are desynching; you must be moving around a lot, cast some CB's to where you think their going to desynch; towards the bottom right of you is the most likely spot they will cast their hammers, so cast some cbs in that spot and all around you, and tele away; repeat.

Smiters, Medium - Throw on fhr gear for 86 fhr; and don't get charged is the only thing you have to avoid and you will easily win, just cast charged bolts in their path and tele away, remember even if the smiter appears 2 screens away from you he may not be, because of desynch; when you see him about a screen away from you thats when you tele away.

Zealer, Medium - Read smiter.

Foh'r, Easy - Since they are going to be running away from you, you gotta use lightning, unless they are one of those stupid shit tele fohr's you can just tele and top; and CB. Throw on sorb if you need it.

Auradin, Easy - Will probably be a long battle, and you may need sorb; you must predict their desynch and cb them or if they are a fucking random shit auradin and charge in a straight path just tele in front and CB.

Druids

Elemental, Easy - When they are about to tele on top of you, cast nova kb the druid and pwn the bear/wolves and just CB / Lightning, Don't be an idiot though if you see them casting nados just cast a few cbs and tele away don't bother about the nova, because they're trying to tele on top of their lines.

Fury - Just keep CB'ing them and when they get within a few steps of you, tele a screen away and repeat, make them chase you until they die.

Barbs

BvC, Medium-Hard, You must play real defensive here keep spamming cbs, and tele away repeatedly. If they tele on top of you, Cast 1 nova, Walk off a little cast a cb and tele away, you gotta be real fast on the nova; if you don't got fast reactions just walk off and cast a CB.

BvB, Easy, Read fury druid; if they have an enigma read BvC

Wc barbs, Easy, just spam charged bolts at them, when they tele on top have nova being casted, and walk off plain and easy ;]

Amazons

Bowazon, Easy-medium - Tele on top and nova, if they start running away NL them with lightning tele in front and cast CB, if they get in a dodge lock from the nova just keep casting cbs until shes dead.

Cs zon, Easy, Read fury druid; don't get hit with lfs though.

FC Cs zon, Medium-Hard - FC = Bm so throw on as much sorb as you like. This battle is ez if u got a lot of sorb, just tele on top and play it like a bowazon, if your not using sorb, stay off his screen so he cant get a fc lock on you while your casting cbs; hoping he runs into them.

Assassins

Trappers, Medium-Hard - Well try and stay out of their trap range and cast some Cb's as close as you can to the sin and make her reset her position, when you see her tele away due to the CB's, strike in fast; with Nova by teleing on top and keep cbing.

Ww sin, Very hard - Your basically done here, Ow + psn gets u down to 1 life REAL fast without es being calculated into the damage, meaning your basically dead once u get hit and u can get hit fairly easily. Just keep spamming CB make her chase you; hopefully she'll get hit by some cb's not much I can say for you, your on ur own!

Hybrid, Very hard - Well Just play it like a ww sin with 5x 10k traps being thrown at you!

Sorceress's Well Im not going to explain much about this, This char is horrible at svs just tele on top of the sorc, nova her and cb her to death; use ChainLock with this strategy, it will work a lot better. Against blizzers you got an advantage since their horrible svs too; just use cbs, where you think they will tele and tele on top if u got him off guard. Your goal here is to get your enemy out of position, tele on top of the sorc, nova and CB.

Necromancers

Summoners, Easy - Cb them; they'll pierce right through summons and hit you; put on fhr gear you'll need it. Just keep spamming cb and if they tele on top Nova them then cb.

Pnb, Medium - You have to be aggressive on these, playing defensive will not really work well due to the range of bone spirits. Just tele on their screen, don't tele in the path where u think their casting Bone spirits/IBS's and tele at him in a different angle, and just cb the fucker to death, if he tries a walk off spear tele in front of him, or get a lock and Chainlock him, don't stop being aggressive.

Ill be happy to answer any of your questions about this guide.

I reposted this guide due to a few uneditable errors in the guide since 30 minutes passed.

Note: If you're realm does not support Bmanas, use 20 lifers with res if possible and don't use ES, you can put the rest of the skills into lightning synergies, because 20/17s just do not work, you'll achieve very low mana due to the infinity being on, you lose 100+ mana +10% max mana which is costly :/. Put all stat points into vitality of course; and substitute frostburns with mages/bloodfists.
Banned
Nov 5 2006 08:14pm
bump..
Banned
Nov 6 2006 04:15pm
iso some feedback guys sad.gif
Warn: 90%
Nov 6 2006 04:21pm
dont u got problems with mass stacked lr chars? ur infinity is helpless then :|
(75 res or even 85 with tgod after all ur -res )

This post was edited by lopov on Nov 6 2006 04:23pm
Banned
Gold: 2.00
Nov 6 2006 04:23pm
Why not vipermagic instead of Coh?
Nice to save up some fcr smile.gif
Banned
Nov 6 2006 04:23pm
Quote (lopov @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 05:21pm)

Lightning would be more effective in that situation, I personally keep a hammerdin on loader in game just for those sorbers.
Banned
Nov 6 2006 04:26pm
Quote (hamps @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 05:23pm)
Why not vipermagic instead of Coh?
Nice to save up some fcr smile.gif

I personally choose coh for the extra res and the skill; I don't really need to waste 15% Res and +1 skill over a 1 frame FCR bp; it's fast enough for me to PK however you can use vmagi if you want 105%FCR bp.
Warn: 90%
Nov 6 2006 04:32pm
Quote (PerMiSSiON @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 10:23pm)

Lightning would be more effective in that situation, I personally keep a hammerdin on loader in game just for those sorbers.

well i have meet like 3 infinity sorces so far and my barb killed them all
and yes i had just 131 lr on charms lolz

this build is good 4 pubs, but any decent pvper will stack u :|
Banned
Nov 6 2006 05:09pm
Quote (lopov @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 05:32pm)
Quote (PerMiSSiON @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 10:23pm)

well i have meet like 3 infinity sorces so far and my barb killed them all
and yes i had just 131 lr on charms lolz

this build is good 4 pubs, but any decent pvper will stack u :|

Isn't there a limit on how much u can stack.. And just because you killed 3 random infinity sorc means their not effective. :/

Gold: 0.50
Warn: 70%
Nov 6 2006 05:15pm
YAS COURSE STACKING RES IS BM-!!!111 INDEED!

Fucking retard. stacking res is not bm, and you can stack as much as you want.

The trught is that barb/nec/hammerdin/druid rule the pvp. Sorces are only for fun. Atleast these "funzie" chars like nova/charged bold sorc's.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll