d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Raver's Lld Fireball Sorc
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 21 2006 09:12pm
Raver's LLD Fb Sorc

Introduction

Well first off I would like to say that LLDing is most likely the funnest version of dueling out there, MLD coming next, followed by the gay BM hld's =/

Stats

Stats basically depend on what you use for your gear. Such as if your belt has str and you use str/dex jewel in circlet/shield.

Strength: Anywhere from Base to 45 strength. You can have up to 40+ from the gear, Belt being 12 ammy being 8 I believe, Circlet+Shield having 12, And the circlet having up to 10 base strength I think. Making that 52 which is more than enough
Dexterity: You WILL want max block on this. So if you have a 7 dex jewel in your circ/shield that saves you 14 points into dex. But you will want it to add up to 83 dex, using a Visc shield that is, Either eld or 7 Dex jewel in it.
Vitality: You want to put everything else here. That mainly depends if you are using Spirit sword and life/mana sc's though. If an orb most likey some into Energy for some extra mana.
Energy: If using an orb that doesn't have +mana/energy you might run a little low in this department, but that is what mana pots and Insight staffs are for.

Gear

Helmet: I prefer a 2 Fire/20 fcr/Mana circlet, But some people use Peasent crown for the faster Run walk. An ideal circlet would be 2 fire/20 fcr/30 frw/20+ life/20+ mana/10 +Res socket this with a Str/Dex/Res jewel or a PSapphire for some mana. Also if you didn't hit the 86 fhr bp, which you shouldn't have unless you used fhr sc's; You might need to shael this.

Armor: 35 Res P saphire VMagi. Or you could use a str/dex/res jewel here to. You can never get to much res, Against blizz LLDers with -70 or -90 cold res this will really help out.

Ammy: 2 Fire/Res/Life/Mana/Dex/Str ammy would be prefered. I use a 2 Fire/10 Fcr/55 Life/15 all res ammy myself. You don't need the Fcr but it does look pretty sexy. The Orb side build does need the 10 fcr though.

Rings: 2 Soj's NO OTHER CHOICE

Belt: 24 Fhr/40+ life/10+ mana/Str/Res is prefered. Or you could go for a crafter belt. 10 Fcr/17+ fhr/Life/Mana/Res/Str if your lucky, It's not to easy to come buy really GG LLD fcr belts, But helps with the orb build.

Gloves: Mage Fists Perf ed can help with defence.

Boots: Cow King Boots, 30 frw 20 dex Godly for getting max block. Or you could go with sanders, 10 Dexterity 5 strength 30 faster run walk, Pretty GG. If your rich enough and don't need the dex or str, Go with some 90+ combined tri res Frw/10 fhr Boots.

Shield: Viscerunt shield, +1 Sorc 30 faster block 30 increased block good up to 125 defence. GG all around. Socket this with an eld or 7 dex/Str/Res jewel if you can afford.

Weapon: I have gotten into some arguements. But my personal opinion has never swayed, 35 fcr Spirit sword is what you have to have, 55 Fhr Near to 100 Mana 22 vitality and of course +2 skills. Helps with the 105 Fcr and the 86 fhr Bp's. Other options would be a 2 fire/3 fireball/2 fire mastery/20 fcr/Energy mana life orb. More dmg but sacrifice yourself some fhr =/.

Switch weapon: Infinity Staff, Es isn't needed but can help against mainly windy druids. Your ideal staff would be +Shiver armor/+thunder storm/+Energy shield. Ral Tir Tal Sol isn't that expensive. I would advise you re-roll until you have atleast 15+ lvl meditation.

Inventory: 40x 15 Life sc's, 12-15 life works just fine. Second mods like Mana are awesome. Idealy you want atleast 12-15 life/7-12 mana sc's. 15 life/12 mana being perfect. If you didn't shael your circlet you might need 2-4 fhr sc's, try and atleast get them with 10+ mana mods or res. Keep some 15 life/5+ cold res or light res sc's on you for facing Foher's and Blizzers.

Skills

1 Into telekenisis
1 Into teleport
18 Into fire bolt
19 Into fire ball
1 Into warmth
1 Into fire mastery
Only way to go; Unless you're using an orb with +tele. Then save 1 stat and put it into firebolt. You need telekenisis still.

Strategy

Vs. Melee's: You will just about always win. Most people can't tank that many 2.6k-2.9k Fire balls at lvl 30. Some people might BM and use hotspurs or nozokan, But I doubt it.

Vs. Other sorcs: Spamming is dumb with LLD fire ball. Doesn't do much. Name lock Telekenisis a few times. Tele ontop of them Re-center your mouse and hit them with a few fb's. If they don't die immediatly tele off rinse repeat. You might have a little bit of trouble Vs. Blizzers They might cast onto themselves then onto you. Best way to go is walking around them. Telek them throw a few fb's their way if you catch them out of a blizz go for the telek/tele strategy.

Vs. Hammerdins: There guys can desync pretty easy if they use 40x 3 frw sc's. So you might want to be careful. Basically shoot fbs at them. If they charge at you GO SOUTH. When I say south I mean directly below them where there hammers won't go. Smart ones will come from your left side or under neath you. Watch out for that it can mess you up pretty bad. A few Fb's usually take care of these guys. Don't tele ontop of these guys unless they are charging and you Kb'd them with telekenesis.

Vs. Windy druids: Can be a little difficult with all the faster run walk. Try and avoid tornados as much as possible. Es can help a lot against them. Just make sure you are careful about the mana. The hurricane won't do much damage if you have on your es, but it will make it a little harder to tele out of. Try not to tele right on top of these guys, that can get you ownt pretty fast. So try and tele to a direction they aren't facing at the time. Then go to the angle opposite but slight diagnol from where you are and out of the hurricane.

Vs. Fohers: These guys are pretty easy seeing as there aren't that many GG lld fohers in pub games. But stacked light res helps, I am going to have a 7 dex/26 light res jewel in my extra visc. against fohers. Basicaly the telek/tele works here. Usually you don't need to telek.

Vs. Charged strike zons: Pretty easy most of the time. Try and stay a little bit back, but usually it won't matter with max res. Telek/Tele works on them to.

Vs. Bone spear/spirit necros: These guys can be a little tough, seeing as they will run around and spam spirit at you then spam spear when you get close enough. Be careful of these guys. Basically telek/tele is the only way to go. These and blizzers are the hardest to kill.

Vs. Fissure druids. Telek/Tele pretty easy to kill these. Never even seen a good one, Even the MLD ones aren't that hard.

Vs. Wc Barbs: I am yet to see one of these. But tele gives you an upper hand against them. They will have decent life though and most likely max res. They can pack quite the punch to seeing as it's not possible to block. You can keep a 15 dr string of ears in stash if you really think you will need it, I wouldn't advise it seeing as that makes you have less fhr, Something you desperatly need vs. these.

Vs. Trap sin: Never had to face one. I would imagine that they are going to have Mind blast so watch out for that. Best to stay near the edge of their screen and cast fb's at them. Telek/Tele them if you get the chance and catch them off gaurd with MB.

Overview

With this build and some skills you can ez just about every public LLD game on ladder. There are some stupid BM people ruining the LLD scene so If you really want to spend a little more and get a merc go for it. I'd use a 3os helm with Str/Dex and 4os armor with Max dmg/Str jewels then for weapon a Partizan insight. Defiance a2 mercs work the best. Or might would help. Maybe prayer if you are trying to stay out of town for NK's but a little low on the health.
With this you also hit 86 Fhr Max block and 105 FCR break points, which make everything a lot easier. You can run a little low on mana so aim for a belt with 12x slots or 16x Slots.

Thanks to my friend Roy for hooking me up with my Visc shield and a couple Life sc's. Thanks to me for self grushing/Lvl job =P

İxRaverx from jsp. October 21, 2006 ŊŲĶĶĄĦ

This post was edited by xRaverx on Oct 21 2006 09:23pm
Gold: 125.00
Oct 21 2006 09:22pm
Quote (xRaverx @ Sun, Oct 22 2006, 03:12am)

Uhmmm... What?

Otherwise, cool guide.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 21 2006 09:23pm
Banned
Oct 21 2006 09:24pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Sat, Oct 21 2006, 07:22pm)

Uhmmm... What?

Otherwise, cool guide.

It says Nukkah; & I posted this on a couple of forums. So I figured to put that so they would know I didn't steal it from someone else z.z Plagerism=GayxCore

& Thanks you.

This post was edited by xRaverx on Oct 21 2006 09:24pm
Gold: 125.00
Oct 21 2006 09:24pm
Quote (xRaverx @ Sun, Oct 22 2006, 03:24am)

Uhmmm... What?

It says Nukkah; & I posted this on a couple of forums. So I figured to put that so they would know I didn't steal it from someone else z.z Plagerism=GayxCore

Was just wondering about the copyright sign, tongue.gif.
Banned
Oct 21 2006 09:31pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Sat, Oct 21 2006, 07:24pm)
Quote (xRaverx @ Sun, Oct 22 2006, 03:24am)

Uhmmm... What?

Was just wondering about the copyright sign, tongue.gif.

heh
its just sexy =P
hold alt then hit 0 1 6 9 İ
Banned
Warn: 30%
Oct 21 2006 10:09pm
hot guide.

Or you could go with sanders, 10 Dexterity 5 strength 30 faster run walk

Sanders have 40frw btw.. just so u know ^.^

y/w 4 the scs btw + shield tongue.gif
Banned
Oct 21 2006 10:12pm
Quote (RRandom @ Sat, Oct 21 2006, 08:09pm)
hot guide.

Or you could go with sanders, 10 Dexterity 5 strength 30 faster run walk

Sanders have 40frw btw.. just so u know ^.^

y/w 4 the scs btw + shield tongue.gif

pfft; couldn't see the guide earlier so i could edit that typo =P
And I mentioned the sanders!
^__^
Hook me up with more life scs =P
I'm 9x short of 40 sc's >_<
Banned
Gold: 147.01
Warn: 60%
Oct 22 2006 03:52am
good guide.

i lld myself (lvl29 only though, not lvl30) and your gear and skilling looks really good.

i would add a perf string of ears against melee/bowie. (you forgot bowie in your strats btw ... if they are built with kickass items and the player is any good, it will be a serious threat for your fber)

i little thing: hammerdins dont desync more when they use frw sc's. they usually charge all the time, and charge isnt affected by the frw from your equipment, but only from skillside frw bonuses, i.e. vigor.
Banned
Oct 23 2006 05:00pm
Quote (Skully. @ Sun, Oct 22 2006, 01:52am)
good guide.

i lld myself (lvl29 only though, not lvl30) and your gear and skilling looks really good.

i would add a perf string of ears against melee/bowie. (you forgot bowie in your strats btw ... if they are built with kickass items and the player is any good, it will be a serious threat for your fber)

i little thing: hammerdins dont desync more when they use frw sc's. they usually charge all the time, and charge isnt affected by the frw from your equipment, but only from skillside frw bonuses, i.e. vigor.

Heh; Thanks; And the frw sometimes helps inbetween charges. And I rape even godly HLD bowa's with this build. It can tank an arrow vs. hld zon's so your basically set vs. any lld zon. Takes my friends hld barb usually 3+ tries to touch me; Took some kid 6 ww's across just to kill me last night with 14k AR. Melee's barely ever pose a threat vs. Max block in LLD. Once I get an insight with +shiver armor I will do even better to ;]
Trade Moderator
Gold: 2,739.00
Trader: Mediator
Oct 23 2006 06:00pm
Lol my USEast SCL LLD Blizz sorc uses 40X Bmanas lol
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll