d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Hal's Vindicator/ Templar Guide
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Aug 27 2006 05:35am
VINDICATOR/ TEMPLAR, OTHER WORDS KNOWN AS SMITER/ FOHER

A vindicator/ Templar is a very powerful combination. Not only does it have a powerful elemental damage, But it has the most dominant physical attacks in the game of DiabloII! It has the ability to take any character one on one and a good ability to 7v1. With its wide variety of attack, Many people do not know how to counter the V/t's Imense Powers!

Guide
1) Gear
2) Stats
3) Skill Distribution
4) Strategies

#1) Gear

Helms:

Ber Ber CoA With 25+ Resists/ 15 Base Dr
Sheal Sheal CoA( To hit Fhr Break Point)
Ber'd Shako
Um'd Perfect Kiras

Armor:

Mage plate Enigma
Treachery

Weapons:

XXias/ 390+ Damage Grief Phase Blade
25/25 +3 Foh Scepter

Shields:

Um'd Uppd 200% Hoz
45 Resists Exile

Belts:

40/15 Dungos
T-gods
Snow Clash

Rings:

2x 20 Dex/ 200+ Ar Ravens
1x Bk
1x Wisp
1x Dwarf Star

Amulets:

Perfect Maras
Armaggedon Slips
Rising Sun( Sorb )

Boots:

15/15 Eth OR non Eth Treks
Hot Spurs

Switch:

6/6/4 +3 Hs Scepter
Pally Spirit

Gloves:

10/15 Dracs
Clegs( Bm)

Inventory:

9x 30+ Lifer Pcombs
20/15+ P Torch
20/15+/x Anni
10x 20 Life/ x resists Sc's

#2) STATS

Strength: 25 ( Leave Strength At Base, With your anni/ Torch along with enigma you shouldnt need Any Strenght)
Dex: 136 ( Enough Dex for Grief Phase Blade WITH your Gear on, You will Always wear ONE 20 Dex raven!)
Vita: Rest of the Stat points that didnt got in Dex.
Energy: None

#3) SKILL DISTRIBUTION

Maxed Skills

Max Foh
Max Fanat
Max Holy Shock
Max Holy Sheild
One into Smite
One into Salvation
Rest into Conviction

Remember your Prequiests!

#)4 STRATEGIES

THIS WILL BE RANKED FROM 1-10, 1 BEING THE EASIEST AND 10 BEING THE HARDEST

BvC's[4]: I have only had trouble with a select few. Pepper them with foh, When they get near switch to shift smite. If this does not Work Charge out, Start fohing them and tele smiting them. They should die Fairly easy.

Warcry Barbs[1]: There a Joke, Foh them. Then wait for them to Tele on you. Then just smite them to death! Very easy Kill.

ThrowBarb[1]: Anything with a Sheild should beat these, charge them down. Then switch to Smite to kill.

Trapsin[2-8]: Depending on how good your opponent is, This duel can range from being VERY easy to extrememly hard. Most pub trap sins just sit by there traps with out Mbing. This is a very easy Kill. Just Strap on T-gods and Charge them to death.If the Trapsin is a Skilled Dueler and uses Mind Blast, You will have to hit the FHR Break Point. This is where the Sheal Sheal CoA comes in, Strap that on Along with T-gods and Charge around them Fohing. When you See an Opening Charge at them, Them very quickly switch to smite. You have to be very Quick or there mb will get you. If so charge out and retry the Strategy!

WWsin[3]: I have never Had any Problem with one. Fire a Few foh's on them, Then when they get Near switch to smite and Shift smite them, They should be Dead in a Few good hits.Just watch out for there Open Wound.

Hybridsin[4-9]: Depending on who your Dueling this can Be Hard or Easy. Strap on Light sorb, Because there Traps can be Very Annoying, You will Also need max Block. Pepper them with foh from the outside, Out of range of there Traps, Then when they Tele Nearer charge right in. QUICKLY Switch to Smite and get a Few good Hits. If you are found losing the Duel, Charge away from the Traps and Sin. You will Most likely want to use tap against these Types of chars.

EleDruid[3-10]: Most pub duelers do not know how to duel with there ele's, but the pro ones are a v/t's hardest match up!They are Practically Immune to foh, and the good ones are hard to smite. I tend to Switch on to the Holy Shock Aura, Charge around the Druid until All or Most of his Summons are Dead. When you see an Opening Charge in, when he is Stunned quickly Switch to smite and Smite them to Death. If they make it out, You will want to be Right on there tail. You dont want them Resummoning, If they do. Just repeat the Process over again.

Cszon[1-4]: If they are gm just Throw a pair of T-gods on, Charge them down then Quickly Switch to Smite. If they Fc, You may want to throw on Kiras + T-gods. If they Run use Holy Freeze! When they try to attack you, Just switch to smite and Smite them to Death.

Bowazon[1-5]: There's not much to tell Here, Dont let them get to Much distance. You dont want them to Spam, What i tend to do is Desynch in and just Smite them To Death. If the Zon is Using a harmony on Switch just switch to Holy Freeze and Charge It To Death!

Smiters[2-7]: You have a Huge Character advantage over smiters, Run away from them while there Charging after you. Hit them With a Few foh's, then when they most likely have salvation on switch to smite and fanat and smite them to Death. Very simple!

Auradins[1]: Strap on Sorb, You can Either put on Holy Freeze and Charge them to Death. OR if your lazy just Foh them to a Slow Death wink.gif

Hammerdins[3-9]: Some hammy's can be a Very hard Duel. You want to Charge away from them, But not in the Line of there Desynch. Pepper them with Foh, You will Need to Get a Lock on them Before you do and just Shift smite them, When you feel they are going to Tele on you. If they make it Out alive, Just Charge after them/ foh them to death, You should win this Duel.

Fohers[2-4] Not a Hard duel, They out conviction you. There fore you will Need Sorb. Your only Option is to Charge them Down, Altho this is not Very Hard. Just Charge them until they are Dead!

T/v's[2-8]: These can be Tough Duels, There foh is Better. There fore you Need Sorb. I Tend to Just Put on salvation and Match there Fohs. Even with there Conviction your Salvation should negate there attacks, and your plain foh should do more damage. They will Get Scared and either charge Away or Try to Smite you. If they try to Smite just Switch to smite and you should beat them With Ease!

V/t's[1-10]: This duel is all Based on the skill and gear. Its basically who has the Best Gear, Just Foh the other person and use Holy Freeze when they get Close. Switch to smite quickly And hope you Beat them in Smite vs Smite.

Thats about it, I have had my V/t For along time. It takes awhile to get the hang of, But once you master its Powers it is almost unstoppable!

I will Post S/s's my V/t at a later date!

This post was edited by Halcyone on Aug 27 2006 05:35am
Gold: 1.00
Aug 27 2006 07:33am
Very Very nice!
really close the same to the v/t I'd imagined cool.gif

still some questions tho:

- Eni dusk instead of MP? 20 torch, 20 anni, 5 mara's, 2 shako = 25+57 = 62 and +15 from drac's makes it 77; cause many say the 300 def cares very much with hs huh?

-most important question: 20 foh, 20 shock = ofcourse, no doubt.

but the others I'm not sure: 20 fana, 20 hs, 1 smite = best combo to get highest smite dmg with your total dmg / amount of skills you can put in it ? like 15/20/5 wouldn't be better? smite really needs to stay base and max hs (which needs 20 always tho) + fana instead of combining these too like 15 fana, 5 smite or something?

also a question about conv, will you be able to get at least the break aka lvl 25 / -150 resi?

let's see: you get +14 conv from your equip, which makes you statting 11 for max.

so you need lvl 95 in total for maxing all synergies... quite high hm blink.gif
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 27 2006 09:45am
hi
wondering if there is any alternative to grief pb? silence etc.

also if u can't afford pcom lifers <- ~_~, can you use less pcoms, say 6, and rest 20 life scs?

or do you HAVE to youse grief pb/9x pcoms life

Gold: 5,362.00
Aug 27 2006 10:22am
using a grief you max smite, not holy shield. and this is a t/v build not a v/t. A v/t has a stronger smite, hence maxing smite/fant/hs then spliting up the rest to optimize ur foh damae.

and for phatisfat the unique caddy is the realy only other choice if you dont' have a grief.
Gold: 710.00
Aug 27 2006 11:51am
Very nice guide! I've dueled this V/T before and he's quite good. Also have you ever tried using a 40+ base res Spirit Sacred Targe as your shield? (high fucking res, fcr for tele-smites, fhr which is just generally needed, vitality, mana, pretty easy max block, +2 all skills). Also you do max Smite not Holy Shield when using Grief (although I'd sacrifice some damage for max block, defence, etc.). Nice guide.
Aug 27 2006 12:06pm
well, yes...

how could you get the highest damage with the smite/fana/hs combo when using grief? with which skill-setting you'll get the highest smite dmg when using grief pb?
Aug 27 2006 12:11pm
Quote (Raka11 @ Sun, Aug 27 2006, 01:06pm)
well, yes...

how could you get the highest damage with the smite/fana/hs combo when using grief? with which skill-setting you'll get the highest smite dmg when using grief pb?

Max Smite/Holy Shield/Fanta.
Aug 27 2006 12:25pm
dOh...

but I mean when you can only use 41 skills; so 20/20/1 or 20/15/5
Aug 27 2006 12:51pm
Quote (Raka11 @ Sun, Aug 27 2006, 01:25pm)
dOh...

but I mean when you can only use 41 skills; so 20/20/1 or 20/15/5

Max Smite/Fanta/1 in Holy Shield.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%
Aug 27 2006 01:10pm
am i one of those bvcs? tongue.gif

gg guide btw
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll