d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Bone Necro Guide > By WillOfDeath
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 164.29
Aug 16 2006 09:23am
Hello there, and welcome to my guide to a Bone Necro. This guide is based off of my Bone Necros I had created. I had made one on ladder and non-ladder and will post both gear I used on both. This guide will be for the Necro I had on ladder. I know there are much better things to use such as the dupes like storm circlet and rare duped boots, but I'm sticking with legit here. I'm not giving a ton of options because this is based on my Necro. Another problem is that as I do this I'm not totally aware of every detail on my Necro because I am currently unable to access D2. Bear with me as I'm kind of doing this blindfolded. ^^ Hope you enjoy and please post any comments.

Index:
Abbreviations
Break Points
Stats
Skills
Gear
Strategies

Abbreviations:
Fcr - Faster Cast Rate
Fhr - Faster hit recovery
Bp – Break Point
Gmerc – Glitch Merc… Well you can ignore that now smile.gif
Str – Strength
Dex – Dexterity
Df – Dragon Flight

Break Points:
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551 icon_pointl.gif This is where I obtained the information and is quite useful.
Frames - Faster Cast Rate:
15 - 0
14 - 9
13 - 18
12 - 30
11 - 48
10 - 75
9 - 125 (You'll be shooting for this)

Frames - Faster Hit Recovery:
13 - 0
12 - 5
11 - 10
10 - 16
9 - 26
8 - 39
7 - 56
6 - 86
5 - 152 (You'll be shooting for this)
4 - 377

Stats:
Strength: Just enough to use gear (Hopefully none)
Dexterity: Just enough to use gear (Hopefully none)
Vitality: Everything once you have enough Str/Dex for gear
Energy: What's this?

Skills:
1 Decrepify (This is merely an option but I recommend it)
1 Lower Resist (This is merely an option but I recommend it)
1 All Summons (I used my Necro as a chaoser with gmerc so I used an iron golem made of insight. Summons are always helpful)
20 Teeth
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
20 Bone Prison
20 Bone Wall (Obviously you won't be able to max all of these. I believe I just started putting a few into Bone Wall at level 89. I prefer to max Bone Prison because it comes quite handy when dueling)

Gear:
Helm:
Shako 'Shael' - +AllSkills/Life/Mana/Dr

Armor:
Enigma - No brainer. I'd go for breast plate because of low str requirement.

Weapon:
Wiz - 50Fcr/Mana. I socketed my wiz with a 7Fhr/9Str/-15%Req Jewel. The 7Fhr helped me reach the Fhr Bp, the 9 str helped me use less str for Spirit Monarch, and the Req Jewel let me put less points into dex.

Shield:
Spirit Monarch - 35%Fcr/Vit/Mana/Resists.

Gloves:
Bloodfists - Fhr/Life. I love these gloves. Upping them is a good idea.

Belt:
Arachnids - +AllSkills/Fcr.

Boots:
Sandstorm Treks - Yes I know rare duped boots would be much better so actually I'd go with them. In this case though, Fhr/Str/Vit.

Amulet:
Mara's - Again, storm circlet would be the better option so use that if you can/want. In this case though, +AllSkills/Attributes/Resists.

Rings:
Fcr Ring - You still need 20 more Fcr if you're using Mara's so a good Fcr ring is what you need. Other good mods on it are very helpful like Life/Mana/Resists.
Fcr Ring - You still need 10 more Fcr so... well same thing here.
(I recommend using Storm Circlet so this way you can use 2x Sojs here.

Weapon Switch:
Weapon:
Call To Arms - Any low requirement weapon will do. I use an Eth Flail. The higher Bo, the better.

Shield:
Eth Spirit Monarch - Spirit gives you +2 Skills so obviously it's the best choice. I used an Eth so it's 10 less Str Req.

Inventory:
Necro Torch - Try to get the best you can.
Annihilus - Try to get the best you can.
9x Pnb Lifers - If you can't afford lifers just get plains or minor mods. Whatever you want.
10x Small Charms - Ok, if you didn't hit the 152%Fhr Break Point yet, here's where you have to finish. Get enough 5%Fhr/(2nd Mod if you can get) Small Charms to Reach 152%Fhr. With 7Fhr from your wiz you'll be able to hit exactly 152%Fhr. If you still have room for more Small Charms, just use what you need. Life/Resist Small Charms would be the best.

Strategies:
Now these strategies are just quick little things that I used when dueling BM in pub games. In now way will they sound like a godly dueler. happy.gif
Necro Vs Amazons:
When dueling bowazons, I like to tele right on top of them and spear them. Most of them will run if you do this so this is where Bone Prison comes handy. Just bone prison them then tele on top and spear. Simple enough. When dueling Java Zons, it all depends on their damage. If they have GG damage then Bone Prison/Decrepify them then tele and spirit them. If they're smart enough to shift + attack the prison then you have to combo this good. Prison/Tele/Spirit at the right time. If they have shit damage that you can tank a lot of then I'd just tele on them and spear.
Necro Vs Assassins:
Trap sins are always a bitch to duel. I like to Prison/Spirit the kids without enigma. If they have enigma then you have to do a little work. Spirit them until they start to mind blast you then tele out of their locking distance. Tele back and spirit them until you have to repeat. The 152%Fhr you'll have comes in handy when you're getting mind blasted. WW sins are pretty easy to duel. They tele/Df slowly which gives you plenty of time to get away. I Prison/Spirit them. Again with mind blasting, you'll have enough Fhr to get away before they can Tele on you.
Necro Vs Sorceress:
For these you just have to be a good teller. I just use bone spear, and a little spirit if I’m feeling naughty, and tele. It depends how good the person your’re dueling is.
Necro Vs Barbarian
If you’re dueling a dual wep / tele barb then it might be a little tough. I always use spirit against them since it follows. Also, I decrep them. Some of them don’t like to keep teleing so they’ll run after you a little. When they do this I prison/spirit them but then be ready to tele away because they’ll tele on you and ww. If they don’t have enigma then just prison/spirit. It’s quite easy.
Necro Vs Paladin
Mmm, so many different kinds of pallys. First we’ll start with hammerdins. Since they have to tele on you to hit you just tele away and spirit. Depending on how good they are they might be charging and such. If they just charge, then prison them and spirit. If they charge/tele and you have to use some good combos of prison/tele/spirit. When dueling fohers, I like to tele right on them and spear them. If they don’t click directly on you then they’ll hit the clay golem, and depending on how much fhr they have, they may not get to hit you at all. Zealots are easy, just prison/spirit them biggrin.gif.
Necro Vs Druid
It’s quite tough to duel a wind druid with all those summons. Spirit doesn’t work too well against them, nor does prison. This all comes down to skill. I just tele/spear. May the best man win. Melee druids… prison….
Necro Vs Necro
Ahh, my favorite. Whenever I duel other Bone necs I always keep it GM and only use spear. I don’t fight another Bone Nec dirty unless they do. Psn necs are just poop. They have to get close to you to even hit you and if you tele away they can’t do anything. I just spirit at them and tele away, like a hammerdin. Summoners are tough. I’m not actually sure of how to beat them. Spirit doesn’t really work so I just tele away and spear.

Yeah ok… that’s all to my wannabe guide. It’s probably not really great so all comments are welcome. I just thought I’d share my Necro with you guys. Hope you like it.

~WillOfDeath

This post was edited by WillOfDeath on Aug 16 2006 09:24am
Gold: 1,205.11
Aug 16 2006 10:25am
it sucks , dr/max block/fhr > all others on nec

and wizzy ? pfft , hoto > wizzy
Aug 17 2006 11:34am
Ok, cool. I kind of meant this for just NvN when I made it so yeah it doesn't have max block.
For me it's ok though because I rarely get hit by melee's except from charge when it glitches and you don't see it coming.
And... I don't know, I like wizzy. Anyway, thanks for comments, more please.
Gold: 710.00
Aug 17 2006 12:14pm
I agree, for a Nec...Max block/DR > all.

Also the only curses I'd bother for is Amp and MAYBE Lower Res if you're a big team dueler. The only summons you need is Revive.

This post was edited by Tylenol on Aug 17 2006 12:14pm
Aug 17 2006 12:32pm
I see, I pub dueled a lot. If everyone says Dr/Max block then what gear change would I make?
Gold: 25.00
Aug 27 2006 07:08pm
Quote (WillOfDeath @ Thu, Aug 17 2006, 06:32pm)
I see, I pub dueled a lot.  If everyone says Dr/Max block then what gear change would I make?

Get a ber'd stormshield... the rest is a simple adjustment of other gear to hit breakpoings =/

Ie, shako icon_pointr.gif 2/20/2, bfists icon_pointr.gif trangs... there's a lot of different ways you can do it but a ber'd ss is the easiest way to get block -and- dr
Aug 28 2006 01:36pm
Any more comments?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 28 2006 03:26pm
Eh I like this guide using the other items gives you no mana which means you use mana pots. I only duel friends which as of recent isnt many however I always thought any pot of any kind is for cheaters. Think of why you use mana pots everyone its because the enemy cant actively see it. Its no different from a health pot in fact its worse. Mana pots are how alot of characters move around with tele, charge, kill people etc. I dont like fighting melee much with a Nec and Ama's if your going to use pots cast a bonewall tele behind it cast another if that takes to long you have bone armor! Windy druids what do they do for damage? A shako enigma gives 18 DR 26 if you Ber the Shako and use 2 FHR GC's SS is 50%. Last I knew ele druids do 14k and the pvp penalty is 5/6 off your damage. 14k/6= 2300ish damage 50% DR 1150. 26% DR 1736.5 damage. Quick mental math gives you 586.5 damage. So if you have a SS you can take 586.5 more damage. So is 586.5 damage worth the life on shako/spirit(22Vita). The mana on both spirit and shako 100+, the skills to all (tele) fhr on Spirit.
Aug 29 2006 04:09pm
Yay my first good comment. happy.gif
I'd still like more.
And that's the thing, I like all the mana (as noobish as it sounds), not to mention it gives pretty decent life.
Gold: 4.35
Warn: 100%
Aug 29 2006 04:15pm
well...
can say that its a nice build vs caster...
but vs melees u will fuck up =/
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll