d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Iso Help With Gamecube Emulator Dolphin > Will Pay Fg To Whoever Fixes The Errors
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,767.60
Oct 4 2009 10:53pm
Will pay 25-50 per error fixed on either version or 200 if someone can fix so it runs 100% ok on either fixing all the errors

I run ubuntu linux on a 32bit laptop

Dolphin inside wine

Error # 1:

Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info

Error # 2: Can't init any PAD Plugins

Error # 3: Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration.
---------------------------------------------

Native linux when executed from the terminal:
Error #1:
Error loading Plugins/libPlugin_DSP_HLE.so: can't find file

Error #2:
Can't init DSP Plugin

Error #3:
Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration.

When don't run from terminal it just closes after i click on a game.

Looking for someone who really knows the program or how to help.

I didn't just go post here first, I spent the last 3-4 hours trying to fix it myself with a friend who had to go.

EDIT: If this isn't the correct forum to post on then please link me to the correct one as I thought this was.

EDIT2: Also if someone knows another gamecube emulator out there for me feel free to link me so I can look at it, although all of the ones I've searched cannot play commercial games.

This post was edited by Scaryghoul on Oct 4 2009 11:04pm
Oct 5 2009 12:25am
Ok I've managed to do some work on my own, was hard but I think I fixed all problems exept one, after examining the output in the terminal this is the last problems I come across.
(Mainly posting to track myself but if someone can help with this I'll pay 50fg now since other problems are fixed)
Not sure what to do but will try my best.

18:57:486 E[Video]: no Direct Rendering possible!
18:57:667 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted
Gold: 518.50
Oct 5 2009 12:27am
Do you have the source of this or something? I have no experience with the software you're using, but I'd imagine that their forms (http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/) would be better-suited.
Oct 5 2009 12:32am
Quote (ASBands @ Mon, Oct 5 2009, 01:27am)
Do you have the source of this or something?  I have no experience with the software you're using, but I'd imagine that their forms (http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/) would be better-suited.

I'll do that soon if I can't find my solution in the next hour or so.
EDIT: Did that just now, here is link for all to follow.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-4462.html

We suspect my video card is not compatible with dolphin.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)

Here is my windows version run in wine output

err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_40.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_VideoDX9.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_Wiimote.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll: Module not found
err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT1_3.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dolphin\\Plugins\\Plugin_PadSimple.dll") not found
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: Module not found

Again this is just the odd stuff upon startup i noticed

This post was edited by Scaryghoul on Oct 5 2009 12:52am
Oct 5 2009 12:53am
You were trying to run an emulator on an Intel graphics card? Ouch. Yeah, Intel, for their skill at CPUs, fail miserably when it comes to GPUs.

Looks to be what this message means:
18:57:667 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!

Your video card doesn't have enough constant registers to load the environment into.

Than again, that's just a guess.
Oct 5 2009 12:54am
Quote (ASBands @ Mon, Oct 5 2009, 01:53am)
You were trying to run an emulator on an Intel graphics card?  Ouch.  Yeah, Intel, for their skill at CPUs, fail miserably when it comes to GPUs.

Looks to be what this message means:

Your video card doesn't have enough constant registers to load the environment into.

Than again, that's just a guess.

Ouch....that really sucks after all that I did, well there probably is a way around it and I will do my best to find it.
Oct 5 2009 01:04am
Just looking around their site, your best bet would be not to use WINE, but compile from source and use the OpenGL graphics system. The source is on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/), so you'll have to svn it down, get the dependencies (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/Linux_dependencies) and compile it yourself. They would be better suited for assistance on these matters, though.
Oct 5 2009 01:29am
Quote (ASBands @ Mon, Oct 5 2009, 02:04am)
Just looking around their site, your best bet would be not to use WINE, but compile from source and use the OpenGL graphics system.  The source is on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/), so you'll have to svn it down, get the dependencies (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/Linux_dependencies) and compile it yourself.  They would be better suited for assistance on these matters, though.

Thanks, I'm still looking into both and theory crafting on solutions since my logical solutions have failed.
Oct 5 2009 03:24am
Ok well I've come to terms in which I probably can't use dolphin as I've fixed it down to 1 last problem (18:57:667 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!) which involves the hardware itself. Now my last question is can we make it so that dolphin doesnt require this? I know we can but its just a matter of how

My last error from the terminal for both native linux version.
28:24:050 E[Video]: Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!
Segmentation fault

This post was edited by Scaryghoul on Oct 5 2009 03:29am
Gold: 2.00
Oct 5 2009 04:57am
Not quite sure what effects if would have on gameplay but it looks like there's a line in the code that reads:

if (nenvvertparams < 238)
ERROR_LOG(VIDEO, "Not enough vertex shader environment constants!!");

my only thought would be turning that number down a bunch, then trying to recompile the program.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll