d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Pvp Templar (foh Pally) > useable on all realms!
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 8 2006 01:18am
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look over my guide! I am always looking for feedback.
NOTE: HS = holy shield, Foh = fist of the heavens

::Index::
1. character introduction & advantages
2. gear
3. skills
4. stats

===================================================================================

1. Character Introduction & Advantages
The Templar, or FoH pally, is a pvp based character with very little pvm capability. The focus of MY build on the templar is to have one very generalized gear set, which helps a lot in pub duels (my dueling place). The Templar will have quite a few things going for him; un dodgeable attack with high damage, an aura that lowers enemy resists which effectively reduces sorb, high level of maneuverability, and maxed block for vs melee.

===================================================================================

2. Gear

=Helm: Griffons Eye (as high light % & -enemy resist% as you can afford. def is nothing)
=Armor: Archon Plate CoH (btals works better on east, but this guide is for everyone)
=Shield: Light faceted Hoz (+4 skills with extra damage and -enemy resist. if you argue against hoz, turn off your comp now)
=Weapon: FoH Stick (as good as you can afford, clean sticks are cheap and some cheap facets suit you better than hoto)
=Belt: Arach
=Glove: Frosties (mass mana for charging. it helps) OR Bloodfists (life & fhr) either glove works, your choice
=Boots: Whatever duped rare you feel comfortable with. (treks or tearhaunches work too)
=Amulet: Maras of course
=Ring1: Soj
=Ring2: Soj

=Charm Sets=
NOTE: all fhr or life scs are to have as much resist on them as you can afford
NOTE: all "plain" pcomb charms are to be replaced with lifers as per your price range.
NOTE: *All Charm sets include a torch & anni*

Charm set 1A (frosties): 4x fhr pcombs, 5x plain pcombs, 10x life scs
Charm set 1B (frosties): 9x plain pcombs, 8x fhr scs, 2x life scs
Charm set 2A (bloodfists): 1x fhr pcomb, 8x plain pcombs, 10x life scs
Charm set 2B (bloodfists): 9x plain pcombs, 4x fhr scs, 6x life scs

3. Skill Placement
NOTE: all skills are listed as your character would be completely naked & with no charms

Combat Skills:
+1 prerequisites (smite, charge, holy bolt, blessed hammer, sacrifice, zeal, vengeance, conversion)
+20 HS
+20 FoH

Offensive Auras:
+1 prerequisites (might, holy fire, holy freeze, thorns, sanctuary)
+20 Conviction
+20 Holy Shock

Defensive Auras:
+1 defiance
+1 salvation

4. Stats:
STR: as normal, just enough to use gear
DEX: just enough for max block w/ holy shield
VIT: everything else
ENRGY: if you even waste 1 point here, i want you to delete your character and do one of the following
1) uninstall d2
2) use all 8 character slots in your account. remake your foh pally all 8 times, then do it once more and remember what that evil energy did to you

This post was edited by TheForgottenOnes on Aug 8 2006 01:18am
Warn: 10%
Aug 8 2006 01:26am
Posted on Tue, Aug 8 2006, 07:18am
  Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look over my guide! I am always looking for feedback.

2. gear
3. skills
4. stats

The Templar, or FoH pally, is a pvp based character with very little pvm capability. The focus of MY build on the templar is to have one very generalized gear set, which helps a lot in pub duels (my dueling place). The Templar will have quite a few things going for him; un dodgeable attack with high damage, an aura that lowers enemy resists which effectively reduces sorb, high level of maneuverability, and maxed block for vs melee.

2. Gear

=Helm: Griffons Eye (as high light % & -enemy resist% as you can afford. def is nothing)
=Armor: Archon Plate CoH (btals works better on east, but this guide is for everyone)
=Shield: Light faceted Hoz (+4 skills with extra damage and -enemy resist. if you argue against hoz, turn off your comp now)
=Weapon: FoH Stick (as good as you can afford, clean sticks are cheap and some cheap facets suit you better than hoto)
=Glove: Frosties (mass mana for charging. it helps) OR Bloodfists (life & fhr) either glove works, your choice
=Boots: Whatever duped rare you feel comfortable with. (treks or tearhaunches work too)

=Charm Sets=
NOTE: all "plain" pcomb charms are to be replaced with lifers as per your price range.

3. Skill Placement
NOTE: all skills are listed as your character would be completely naked & with no charms

Combat Skills:
+1 prerequisites (smite, charge, holy bolt, blessed hammer, sacrifice, zeal, vengeance, conversion)
+20 HS
+20 FoH

Offensive Auras:
+20 Conviction
+20 Holy Shock

Defensive Auras:
+1 defiance
+1 salvation

4. Stats:
ENRGY: if you even waste 1 point here, i want you to delete your character and do one of the following
1) uninstall d2
2) use all 8 character slots in your account. remake your foh pally all 8 times, then do it once more and remember what that evil energy did to you 

Take out one SOJ for a Raven Frost. FOH frozen=GG.
And why Coh? Nigma=Skills, tele and most important enough added stre to stre glitch
Banned
Warn: 100%
Aug 8 2006 02:12am
Quote (Achilles_77 @ Tue, Aug 8 2006, 07:26am)
Posted on Tue, Aug 8 2006, 07:18am

2. gear
3. skills
4. stats

2. Gear

=Charm Sets=

3. Skill Placement

Combat Skills:
+20 HS
+20 FoH

Offensive Auras:
+20 Conviction
+20 Holy Shock

Defensive Auras:
+1 defiance
+1 salvation

4. Stats:
1) uninstall d2

Take out one SOJ for a Raven Frost. FOH frozen=GG.
And why Coh? Nigma=Skills, tele and most important enough added stre to stre glitch

I agree. It's a nice guide, but you need CBF.
You should also use enigma, unless your going to use charge to get around, and I don't recommend that.
Aug 8 2006 02:18am
i prefer the resists, and my playing style is really much more suited to charge for movement than tele. charge lets you move and keep convict on your enemies as opposed to switching it off every time you move. also, with the rise of fc zons, charge allows you to completely avoid fc as opposed to just getting nailed as you tele. a raven instead of a soj could be plausible though, it provides mana and it has dex for reaching max block. and while you say that nigma = str and all that, realise please that the enigma would in fact be the item requiring the most strength, while coh provides the SAME skills with massive resists. if you are coordinated enough to charge and foh, then coh is by far better. if you prefer the strangeness of tele + foh, by all means go ahead, but i see absolutely no value in nigma on a foh pally. (if you choose nigma your resists will blow like you cannot beleive)

*its all a matter of opinion. i really enjoy charge with resists against tele with auto-rape by elemental characters.

This post was edited by TheForgottenOnes on Aug 8 2006 02:20am
Gold: 3,432.30
Aug 8 2006 06:11am
He's right, desynch charge is way better than teleport, also helps getting conviction on them while they cant see u.

Being frozen doesnt slow down charge btw, so with proper training ur only movement will be charge and nn cbf
Aug 8 2006 10:57am
thank you for someone finally realizing the potential for desynching foh pally!
still looking for feedback on my guide from more pplz
Gold: 10.00
Aug 8 2006 11:44am
I completely agree that Coh > Enigma on a foh pally. I dunno about archon plate though, it's kind of heavy. IMO dusk shroud is better since you can get 77 str from gear and use the bonus from coh to equip hoz. I'm not too sure about using sojs though, why not bks?

This post was edited by Corpse Vomit on Aug 8 2006 11:48am
Banned
Aug 8 2006 11:46am
yeah who the hell uses enigma on a foh pally?! LOL

desynch charging foher is very very good.
Gold: 3,432.30
Aug 8 2006 01:52pm
My foh pala uses exactly the above item build with coh dusk and 25/25 foh scepter, sojs (when charging non stop mana will run out).

In gm duels there are almost no builds being able to beat this, even not es/tk sorcs or barbs. They will never see u on the map.

Wind druids own this hands down though, no chance whatsoever, so grief/exile setup in stash is needed.

This post was edited by infamous_tim on Aug 8 2006 01:56pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2006 02:22pm
Quote (EvilTrinity @ Tue, Aug 8 2006, 05:46pm)
yeah who the hell uses enigma on a foh pally?! LOL

desynch charging foher is very very good.

Agree
nice guide man.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll