d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Full Pvm Summon Necro Guide > By: ShadowSnip3rJ
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 399.00
Jul 13 2006 08:47am
One day i decided to try out a PvM summon necro and to my luck this baby came out like a beast i will post screenshots and hopefully a video of him killing diablo in hell extremely fast, alright lets get this build rolling!

First We Will Start Off With The Gear
Gear:

Helm:
I chose to use a eth zodded shako because of the +135 Life [Based On Character Level] (icon_pointl.gif- Im a 90 so i used 135for an example) & +135 To Mana [Base On Character Level] and last but not least the excellent 10%

Amulet:
Mara's Kaleidoscope Amulet (Preferebly 30+ Res but it's up to you)

Weapon:
Of course why wouldnt you use a beast for you weapon the Level 9 Fanaticism is perfect for your summons. But you need to make sure you put it in a low strength requirements axe so that u can put more points into health instead of wasting them for strength.

Shield:
I recommend using a +3 Boneflame it works fine for me but if you can find anyhting better just pm me and tell me what it is and why its better.

Armor:
Try and get the highest defense enigma you can afford because the more defense you have the better it is of course, and the use of this enigma will help you run alot faster, teleport, and the + to strength is extremely helpful.

Gloves:
I dont no why but i use magefists so i can summon my army faster and the mana regen help because they cost alot to summon.

Ring's:
2x Soj's of course

Belt:
Arach

Boots:
And last but not least for your main gear the boots, definitely get Marrowwalk boots because of the + skeleton mastry so you skeletons can get a little life and damage boost.

Anni/Torch/Charms
Get a +20 attribute anni and a +20 attribute torch. For the charms get a couple of +1 summon lifer gcs i dont fill my invintory because i would like to pick up godlies if they drop. So i leave some room for items and then fill up the rest of my invintory with +20 life sc's

Switch Gear:

Get a good solid high bo cta to make your summons alot better and it makes them look cooler with another aura on there feet, and of course the shield would be a crappy spirit monarch.

Merc Gear:

Your mercs weapon will be an eth pride which gives you and your army + level 16-20 concentration depends on you roll of that weapon. His helm will be eth andys and his armor will be eth bramble because the + thorns is pretty helpful.

Thats it for the gear now moving on to the stats

Stats:

Strength:
with no gear i have 72 into strength im sure if i rebuild this necro i can go alot lower but due to my horrible beast roll i had to use more points in it then i hoped to use. Keep your +20 torch and +20 anni in your invintory of course. First put enough points into strength until you can equipt your beast for the massive + strength it gives you, then equipt your shako, enigma, then marrowwalks.

Dexterity
I didnt put anything into dexterity because im not attack my summons are!

Vitality
Put the rest of your remainig stats into vitality, but make sure you can wear all of your gear and have enough strength.

Energy:
Nothing in here

Skills:

Summoning Spell's:
20 Into Skeleton Mastery
20 Into Raise Skeleton
20 Into Raise Skeleton Mage
20 Into Revive
1 Into Clay Golem
1 Into Blood Golem
1 Into Iron Golem
1 Into Golem Mastery
1 Into Summon Resist

Curse's:
1 Into Amplify Damage
1 Into Weaken
1 Into Terror
1 Into Decrepify (Main Curse)

Poison And Bone Spell's:
Put the rest of your skill points into Bone Armor

Strategy:

[FONT=Impact]The strategy is to first make sure you have your merc with you and if he died make sure you reequipt his armor and weapon so you know your going to get his auras. Cast your bone shield and which ever golem you want then go out for battle. If your doing a baal run just summon all the dead minions untill you have your full army then go and rape baal. If your in a solo hell game go around and let your merc kill the monsters and then you just summon them.

If i am missing anything just post it and ill correct it.
Gold: 252.00
Jul 13 2006 09:05am
homu is probably better for the shield, cos res,skills etc.
amp damage is better curse to use as main
Jul 13 2006 09:10am
Quote (freddykreuger666 @ Thu, Jul 13 2006, 03:05pm)
homu is probably better for the shield, cos res,skills etc.
amp damage is better curse to use as main

well i used decrepify to slow the enimies and it lowers there defense alot so my summons just rape them i have a video of them raping diablo in hell ill get the link approved then post it
Jul 13 2006 09:12am
hmm i like the 100% increase dmg then the 33% decrip
how much it lower def by, cos def shudnt be a problem
Jul 13 2006 09:18am
Quote (freddykreuger666 @ Thu, Jul 13 2006, 03:12pm)
hmm i like the 100% increase dmg then the 33% decrip
how much it lower def by, cos def shudnt be a problem

hmm idk ill check im sure its alot because i mean i rape in chaos runs i can show u if you want
Gold: 4,520.00
Jul 13 2006 10:33am
is a spirit ne good for a nec to use?
Banned
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Jul 13 2006 12:28pm
Eh, I guess everyone has their own personal preferences.

If you're going pvm, why simply use a merc that powers up your summons?

For quick leveling and killing, I use a Gmerc, and putting one point in lower resist makes them infinitely better.

The summons can kill the fire/light immunes fast too, plus provide a great deal of protection for the necro from overpowered mana burn lightning enchanted, etc.

And you don't hit any decent fcr breakpoints, why?

Standing still and letting summons do the work is really boring ;\

Teleport around and let mages (or gmerc) kill while they have LR cast laugh.gif

Here's my critique on the gear:

Helm: I agree, Shako is the best, I prefer Um'd Non-eth, because defense isn't all that important, your summons are your "wall" biggrin.gif However, elemental attacks sometimes can deflect off summons and go straight to you, which means instant death if your resists are low (thus the Um)

Amulet: Mara's is gfg, good choice.

Weapon: Here's where people I know argue continuously. There are 3 different weapons I prefer: Beastz, Doomz, and Wizzy. Of course, this comes from my tendency to go pvp with my Necro.

Doomz really screws zons over, they basically can't do jack once you teleport on top of them. As for monsters, the slowing effect helps a LOT, since decrepify isn't needed once you use it smile.gif

Beastz is good for fast killing, and the ar bonus from Fana for summons rocks, and there is another bonus that summons you wouldn't think receive it actually get . Of course, I'm not going to tell you, this is a secret between me and my friends who use summoners tongue.gif

Finally, Wizardspike lets my Summoner reach the final Breakpoint for Fcr, 125%. This helps a LOT with my gmerc, and due to the mana bonus/regen from Wizzy, I never run out biggrin.gif The resists make it even godlier, this thing really is an awesome caster weapon.

Shield: Darkforce is the only way to go for me, Um'd of course. The mana bonus, 30% fcr, it's great, and for those of you who hate it bc it's expensive, remember that the only expensive ones are the ones with 3 to PnB, everything else people try to get rid of (I bought a 3/1/3 for 1 fg ^^)

Armor: Breastplate Enigma
Why? It's sexy on any Necro, and thanks to Breastplate, I wear all gear (including Spirit Monarch) with base str happy.gif

Gloves: T'rangs, T'rangs, T'rangs Only way to go for a necromancer here, they give 20% fcr, +2 curses, +30 cold resist. Why would you choose anything else?

Rings: I use one fcr ring to hit breakpoints easily, but it's really personal preference I guess. There isn't a huge difference in one skill level once Summon skele/mage is around level 45-50 And of course one SoJ

Belt: Arach good choice happy.gif But in pvp sometimes you gotta sorb :\ (though I'm yet to with mine tongue.gif )

Boots: Marrowwalks Good choice again, BUT make sure they have a lot of dex so you can use base dex with wizzy, it helps a lot dry.gif

Charms: All up to personal preference, but of course, use a gg anni and torch. PvM I use about 4x Summon Gcs and I often see godly drops in my chaos runs (you think I'm gonna let a leecher take those?!!)

For Stats like Vitality, etc., it's all up to you, I used base Dex, base Str, and I divided up my other points into Vit and Energy.

My necromancer, for mana purposes, has a huge energy base, but when you don't need to use mana pots, you will appreciate it.
Mine has 2k life/ 2k mana, and I almost never die (I got to 95 in 3 weeks after making him)
And the reason not to go all vit is because you don't get hit, your summons do laugh.gif

If any of you want to flame me for my own personal opinion, feel free to pm me for a Summon vs. Summon duel.
I would love to show you how it's done.
Jul 14 2006 05:06pm
hmm kinda hijacked his guide and put ur own kinda crappy guide in here
1. this aint gmerc char
2. doom got holy freeze which freezes bodies, use beast
3. spirit is probably best shield for 2 all skills, res, fhr very important
4. Points in energy?! wot a waste, with 2 sojs, shako + bo u shud have way too much mana as it is
if it really does become a problem use insight to tele + resurect or use on merc then switch to beast
5. if u wanna help the summons out, maybe u cud use some of the pnb tree?
mages suck and only 1 point in revives is enuf, place rest into pnb tree
Gold: 33.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2006 10:49pm
hmm i use exactly the same build out of shield
imo 35fcr spirit > all on summon nec
it gives u 2 more fana mana and life...ah and b4 i forget 75fcr breakpoint^^
Gold: 3.36
Jul 17 2006 12:31am
Well the first thing i have to ask shadowsniper is: why dont you put the eni first (=gives massive str) and the equip all else after. Youīre saying you put enough str for beast and then equip everything else... sounds odd or did i understand you wrong or did you type wrong... dunno.
Anyway... i had a good summon nec back in times and the only things he had different was weapon: arm of king leoric and shield: homu (plz donīt call it homo... sounds... gay...) and i can tell you that in pvm this guy rocks!!! Maybe a bit slower than hdins but man you can just tele onto something and in a second it isnīt there anymore, so fast at killing evil.gif Anyway, one thing that is just my opinion you should concentrate on the summon tree, 1 point in necessary curses and maybe 1-2 points in bone armor. Thatīs it! because when you make this guy he is going to be a MAJOR laggromancer, why? i had 75 summons or more when all was up! skeletons, mages, revives and only golem you need is the clay golem with 14k or more life and slowing down the bastards so much it seems as rewinding a tape!! this guy is one of the most powerful pvm guys who doesnīt need to worry about max block or vita too much, again why? he has a massive wall of summons that just donīt die, only thing that cracks the skellies is IM but itīs a minor concernce. And a tip... make skellis from the corpses laying at pindle, you donīt have to go around in cold plains or blood moor. Itīs a skellie buffet biggrin.gif

And as a ps. i didnīt know about fhr fcr bpīs at the time when i had this guy or even that beast would come in handy... so thatīs probably why my char wasnīt even in full effect back then :>

And if someone is interested i recall the stats being like skel mastery lvl ~54-55, skeletons ~49-51, mages same as skellies, full summon resist, clay golem some points ( about 14k life and xx% slow down enemies), revives like 4x... and amp as main curse ( as i said i didnīt know much anything back then :> ), 1point in bone armor and 7x res in hell. He had major str which was 27x+ biggrin.gif, quoting myself ( as i said i didnīt know much anything back then :> ), and over 1k life and 1k mana.

I should really try this guy again ^^
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll