d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Elemental Druid Guide > :]
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jul 11 2006 05:08am
Introduction
Hello, my name is Tom aka GunitDruid ^.^. My account is *GunitDruid, my elemental druid is named "Tom", I play USEast SoftCore Ladder.
I am known, to many, as the best elemental DvA Druid on USEast Softcore Ladder, sharing my title with Veins aka Jester, Chris aka CoKeD-uP.
I have used elemental druids since the beggining of .10. I have went through many builds, including max block, max block max Dr, vita etc. I have concluded that vita druids are the best.. period :]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gear

Elemental druids have several builds, all benificial to dueling
certain characters. Their are 3 builds, and only 3, that work with ele druids.
#1: 163 Fcr #2 99/99 Max Dr #3 99/99 Block / Block+Dr.

Keep Tgods/Wisps/Dwarf Stars/Hot Spurs/Ravens in Stash, 1 piece of sorb is gm, work it in with the builds i provide.
Yes, cta/spirit are included in every build..

163% Fcr / 99 Fhr

This build is designated towards vsing casters, and certain 4v4 match-ups.

Helm(s)
08 Valk 'shael' ~ Prefered Fcr Ring + Soj
2/20/2 Circlet 'shael' ~ Prefered Fcr Ring + Fcr Ring
Druid Pelt: 2 Druid, 2-3 Nado, 10 base fhr, Base Life, 2os. 2x Fhr/Res Jewel'd Must use 20 fcr ammy with this

Weapon
Wizard Spike '15 Res -15 Req' ~ Prefered
Hoto Must obtain 10 more fcr through rings/ammy/helm. Not prefered

Armor
Enigma
Treachery Fade

Shield
Spirit Monarch

Ammy
Maras ~Prefered
Fletch Use for 163 fcr with Pelt
2/20 Ammy Use for 163 fcr with pelt

Rings
10 Fcr 20 Str +Res +Life Ring
+
10 Fcr +Res + Life Ring Don't need 20 str on second ring, you will hit base strength w/ just one at level 85+ (2/20/2 / Pelt)
~
10 Fcr 20 Str +Res +Life Ring
+
Soj (08 Valk)

Belt
Arachnid

Boots
Grim Spur
Sandstorm Treks

Gloves
Mage Fist
Trangs

Charms
9x Ele Lifers, Druid Torch, Anni, 10x 20/5s or 20 life Scs

I use:
08 valk, Fcr ring + Soj, Spirit Monarch, Wizspike, Enigma, Maras, Arach, Mage Fist, Grim Spur.

99 Fcr / 99 Fhr Max Dr

This build is designated toward DvD, and DvD ONLY.

Helm(s)
2/20/2 Circlet 'shaelshael'

Weapon
Spirit Wep

Armor
Enigma

Shield
Storm Shield 'ber'

Ammy
Maras ~Prefered

Rings
10 Fcr 20 Str +Res +Life Ring + Soj

Belt
Arachnid

Boots
Grim Spur
Sandstorm Treks

Gloves
Mage Fist
Trangs

Charms
9x 30+ ele Lifers, 10x 20/5s / 20 Life Scs

I use:
2/20/2, Maras, Fcr Ring + Soj, Arachnid, Mage Fist, Enigma, Spirit CS, SS 'Ber', Sandstorm Treks.

99 Fcr / 99 Fhr Max Block / Max Dr

This build is designated toward barbs, chargers, auradins, dreamers ww sins, etc

Helm(s)
2/20/2 Circlet 'shaelshael'

Weapon
Hoto

Armor
Enigma

Shield
Storm Shield 'ber'
Whistans' Guard set shield 'eld' (For Block)

Ammy
2/20 Ammy, preferably with +Dexterity

Rings
2x 20 Dex Raven Frosts

Belt
Arachnid

Boots
Grim Spur
Sandstorm Treks

Gloves
Blood Fist

Charms
8x 30+ ele Lifers, 1x Fhr Ele Gc, 10x 20/5s / 20 Life Scs

I use:
2/20/2, 2/20 Ammy, Raven Frost + Raven Frost, Arachnid, Blood Fist, Enigma, Hoto, SS 'Ber'/Whistans 'eld', Grim Spur.

This post was edited by Gunitdruid on Jul 11 2006 05:16am
Banned
Jul 11 2006 05:09am
Stats and Skills

Stats

Strength: Zero
Vitality: All
Dexterity: Zero
Energy: Zero

Skills

Elemental:
1 Arctic Blast
20 Cyclone Armor
20 Tornado
20 Hurricane
20 Twister

Summoning:
20 Oak Sage
1 Ravens
1 Spirit Wolves
1 Dire Wolves
1 Bear

Shape Shifting:
None

Dueling Stragedies
Classified Easy-Hard

Paladins

Hammerdins
Rating: Easy
Gear: 163/99
Summons: Spirit Wolves
Stragedy: Most hammerdins are mfdins/pubs. All I do vs these type is cast 5x wolves + Sage and simply tele on them. 163 > Pub-a-din Fhr.
Then theres the 100% desynch hammerdins. Once again they blow, I just tele on them, if they use ss (like they should) I generally nado them until i have 1-2 Wolves left, tele off and repeat. If they spam in one area (desynch/defensive) just spam tornados around them so they go toward the hammerdins, they will generally tele off to desynch in another circle, once they do that, tele on them and pk. The good hammerdins, that smite/charge with grief, are much harder if they know what they are doing. Most druid's die to them, I do fine. I cast 5 wolves and sage, tele on them, let 1-2 nados off and tele away to recast + Repeat. Hammer/Smite-dins are extremely hard to out-tank, infact its impossible too.

Smite-Charger
Rating: Easy-Medium
Gear: 99/99 Dr/Block
Stragedy: Most of them are pub uber smiters. I can simply tele on them and out tank. The good ones at once point were harder before i developed my block build, now that I have that they are extremely easy. If they just charge/walk around until they find an opening on you, just tele on them and let off a nado or two and tele away, if you sit and try and tank, smite WILL out-tank you. If they charge around until they desynch spam nados upward, yes they will desynch, yet you wont see them on your screen right away, therefore spamming up will result in them getting damaged. Once they smite you once tele away and repeat

V/t
Stragedy: Same as smite/charger

Auradin
Gear: 99/99 Block
Summons: Bear (Spirit wolves will die 1 hf, not worth it)
Stragedy: I have yet to see one that impresses me.. Most are idiots and let hf do the job, but auradins can be extremely powerful if they know what they are doing :|. When you encounter one that just charges around, continuely tele on him and spam, recast sage/bear everytime they die, and recast cyclone every 3-4 Hfs. Once you tele on them, just spam and repeat, simple enough.

Barbarians

BvC / BvA / Any barb with enigma...
Summons: Wolves
Stragedy: Barbs are extremely easy, and boring to duel. You can beat them with no block, but block helps quite a bit. Tele around and spam if they leap, if they chase you, just spam nados at them. Once they namelock/tele on you, tank them for a bit. Wolves will take a full ww or two for you. Once your wolves die, tele away so they arent on your map and recast and repeat. The good barbs use 2x dooms to kill the wolves instantly. THese are much harder, but with enoguh spamming and 50%+ Block, you should kill them quite easily.

War Cry
Rating: Easy (Only faced one hard one~.~)
Gear: Vs pub ones, 163/99 is fine. Harder Ones 99/99 Block/Dr
Summons: Bear
Stragedy: 99.9% Of these suck. THe only good one i've seen is Fink on non ladder. Since druids have terrible fhr, a good tanking one that knows what hes doing should rape a no-block druid. However with block and dr, warcry barbs are amazingly easy. Since its physical damage, Dr reduces it and it is blockable.
Pub Ones- Tele on them and cast nado, should be quick.
Hard Ones- Since wc doesnt have that much of a range, nado and run south so they cant tele directly on you and fhr lock you. You can also just tele on them, nado 1-2 times and tele off. Wc stuns you a LOT, once you are in fhr animation, WALK out, don't tele out. block should tremendously help you here. Just repeatadly spam nados/run or tele/spam and they will die.

Amazons

Bowa
Gear: 99/99 Block/Dr vs hard ones, 163/99 vs easy ones
Summons: Wolves or bear, doesnt matter
Stragedy: I haven't faced one that can even get a kill on me. simply tele to it, avoiding guided arrow, and tele so you can namelock it at the corner of your screen. Then switch to tele, and you'll be on the zon before it can namelock you. Nado away, most will desynch and run away, just repeatadly tele on it and nado. Easy Duel :\.

Cs Zons
Stragedy: Make sure you don't get hit by lightning fury, use the same process as zons, tele so you can corner lock them, switch to tele and keep nadoing. If you feel they will bounce back from fhr animation and cs you, tele away and repeat. Most wont bounce back.

Fc Zons
Stragedy: These characters are extremely pathetic. I don't even use sorb vs them, I just use the same proccess vs them as I do vs cs/bowa zons. I on top of them before they can namelock me. If you encounter a good one, remember Fc is bm, sorb your ass off.. Fade/Tgods/2x Wisps. dont even worry about your fcr, they will heal you.

Assassins

Trappers
Rating: Easy - Hard
Stragedy: I've only lost to one on ladder. I find these characters really easy to beat. Most will sit in their traps and just run around, surprisingly these are the easy ones. Tele so you can corner lock them with cyclone, few ls's will hit you and the trappper will begin running the opposite way not knowning they are namelocked, then switch to tele and nado. They probably will die fast, if not recast/repeat. The hard ones that are the ones that actually mindblast / wof. use the same proccess for these as I stated to use for good hammerdins. Tele on them quickly, and nado 1-2 times, recast/repeat. If you get mb locked, walk out until traps aren't hitting you, then tele away. Some will get anxious and tele on you when your running out of mb lock, no traps are laid down therefore the trapper is has no way to defend itself, tele on it and repeatadly cast nado. If they get away repeat the first proccess :].

WW Sins
Gear: 99/99 Block
Summons: Wolves / bear your choice
Stragedy: The easy ones, are the ones that don't know what wof/ls is. Usually the bramble sins, jsut tele on them and out-tank them. THe hard ones that mb + wof + stunlock you are extremely hard. You will NOT beat a good one, druid fhr is simply to terrible, I suggest spamming nados and doing quick tele/nados :\.

Hybrids
Rating: Hard
Stragedy: This is the most anti-ele druid char in the game. Trappers AND WW Sins are hard for ele druids, this combines both. A good one is simply unbeatable. stragedy here is a combination of hard ww sin stragedy and hard trapper stragedy tongue.gif

Necros

PnB
Stragedy: Most of them suck and don't know what run/walk is. They just tele around and mind-lessly spam bone spirit doing zero damage. Name lock + Kill them and watch them spam "autoaim more n00b". The good ones, such as Menzo, koda, hec, jester run/walk spear / spirit. Which works amazingly well vs ele druids since nado is so slow and has no range. You basically have to predict which way they run/tele, tele in front of them and nado, they will tele away to recast, heres your chance to namelock + tele on them, which should finish them. Ifthey tele off screen to recast, repeat the first proccesss

Psn Nova
Stragedy: Just namelock and kill them.. Honestly, psn nova does almost zero damage, due to druids having stacked psn res (Mind does :X).

Summoner
Rating: Pathetic
Stragedy: Namelock one of their summons, tele on them. Just nado one of the summons, and it will hit all of them, including the necro "Controlling" them.

Sorc

Lite
Summons: Wolves / Bear
Stragedy: These are extremely easy, unlike blizz/fb, the average damage is just terrible.. Use wolves so its harder for them to namelock light, if they get annoying with spamming charged bolt, just switch to bear, easier to recast :]. Just like all other ranged casters, namelock them and teleport/cast nado.

Blizz
Rating: Easy - Medium
Summons: Wolves Bear
Stragedy: The sucky sorcs just spam blizz and run, hoping the druid will sit in the blizz for 3 hours. THe good ones, run south blizzing over themselves and ib-ing the druid into fhr lock. My blizzer has yet to lose to an ele, and my ele has yet to lose to a blizzer :|. THe ones that run south, just tele on them or in front of them and nado, go back/recast and repeat. If they tank thousands of nados, they are obviously exceeding the gm limit of 15 70s (Ladder- 13, NL- 10 i think?) Therefore you can just thaw potion/sorb more, not even needed really. Anyway, repeat the teleing on/infront proccess and you will be victorious

Fire Ball
Stragedy: THe easy sorcs just "Spray and pray" namelock / tele / nado them and watch them spam Aa gmod godmode blah blah. Good ones that tank / namelock / walk down are extremely hard.. YOu can beat them by doing quick namelocks, nadoing 1-2 times and repeating, but it probably won't work well. Good tanking fbers just simply own ele druids, nothing else i can say :|.

Orb
Rating: afk
Gear: ^__________^
Summons: :|!
Stragedy: ^______________________^

Druids

Fury
Gear: 99 99 Block/Dr
Stragedy: Easy ones just tele on and out tank. The hard ones (that arent using psn charms and bone hews w/ ort runes), are still easy but don't tele on them. One fury from a good two handed druid using Tomb Reaver can do 15kish damage? Aka mass damage. So tele an inch or two in front of them, nado and walk down. Easy Duel

DvD
Gear: 99/99 Dr
Summons: Wolves / Bear
Stragedy: Don't tele on them sleep.gif . Dvd is the most pointless duels, next to HvH. Its a spam contest basically. Nothing Else To say

Shamans
Rating: LOL
Gear: LOL
Summons: LOL
Stragedy: LOL

Team Duels
Gear: If there is even one trapper/fb sorc etc, use 163/99. If its pure magic/physical damage chars, pick between 99/99 Dr + Block or 99/99 Dr
Stragedy: Learn for yourself

Enjoy~

This post was edited by Gunitdruid on Jul 11 2006 05:11am
Gold: 48,322.37
Jul 11 2006 05:24am
lol @ Stagedy. I like the dueling strategies part as I'm still learning all of the ins and outs of dueling all classes with mine.

Overall good guide, but I do have one complaint the: ~~~~~~~~~~ makes it scroll way off my screen and im using 1152 x 864 resolution, kind of makes it hard to read.

And what type of damage/life do you get in each of your setups, just want to compare your stats to mine wink.gif

This post was edited by MrShowtime on Jul 11 2006 05:25am
Banned
Jul 11 2006 05:29am
Quote (MrShowtime @ Tue, Jul 11 2006, 07:24am)
lol @ Stagedy. I like the dueling strategies part as I'm still learning all of the ins and outs of dueling all classes with mine.

Overall good guide, but I do have one complaint the: ~~~~~~~~~~ makes it scroll way off my screen and im using 1152 x 864 resolution, kind of makes it hard to read.

And what type of damage/life do you get in each of your setups, just want to compare your stats to mine wink.gif

I edited some of the text so you dont have to scroll all the way to the right tongue.gif

To be honest, my druid doesnt have that much life for two reasons, 1) To lazy to level it (only 90) 2) I made it more stacked res wise, and skill-wise :].
163 Fcr:
6.4k Life, 6k Nado
99/99 Dr:
6.5k Life 6k Nado
99/99 Dr / Block:
6.3k Life 6k Nado

If I wanted a pure life/damage build, I would make a 99/99 Druid, my old 99/99 vs all had:
7.5k Life
7.3k Nado :]
Gold: 48,322.37
Jul 11 2006 05:42am
Quote (Gunitdruid @ Tue, Jul 11 2006, 07:29am)

To be honest, my druid doesnt have that much life for two reasons, 1) To lazy to level it (only 90) 2) I made it more stacked res wise, and skill-wise :].
163 Fcr:
6.4k Life, 6k Nado
99/99 Dr:
6.5k Life 6k Nado
99/99 Dr / Block:
6.3k Life 6k Nado

If I wanted a pure life/damage build, I would make a 99/99 Druid, my old 99/99 vs all had:
7.5k Life
7.3k Nado :]

Thanks, similar numbers to what I should have when I finish up my final remake. I think your life might be a tad higher though. I'm not a fan of the pure vita/damage druid either. Too many weaknesses IMO. The block/DR helps to cut down on those weaknesses alot. Now you need to get it sticked and have rhyn split the druid guides into 2 secions
Mine/Yours/Ogs in one, and then the rest in the "druid's you DONT want to make secion"
Warn: 10%
Jul 11 2006 05:55am
vouge the LOL strats work 4me every time
Gold: 2,920.00
Jul 11 2006 09:09am
Its Hehe was waiting for when you would post a druid guide biggrin.gif
Gold: 65.00
Jul 11 2006 09:11am
ill duel you on my trap sin.
Banned
Gold: 590.36
Warn: 60%
Jul 11 2006 09:29am
you dueled shit barbs if u think they are easy with no block
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 11 2006 10:35am
yea seriously.

any good bvc on nonladder gives u good challenge even with block.

without block ur dead here.

btw ok guide.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll