d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Look Here For Information Concerning Gmercs > Cut the spam already.
12310Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2006 11:34am
Yeah... so, it's been very annoying lately to see multiple people ask about "GMercs," or glitched Mercenaries.

Here is a small FAQ that I'm going to start:

What is a GMerc?
-A GMerc is a glitched Mercenary that uses items with "lvl xx Aura when equipped." Users commonly prefer an Act 3 Iron Wolf Mercenary, especially Fire.

What are the items that a GMerc uses?
-Like I said, they use items with "lvl xx Aura when equipped." I am referring to three common runewords that you'll see on Battle.net.
  • Hand of Justice (commonly created in a Crystal Sword or Normal type one-hand Sword)
  • Dragon (commonly created in a light armor; Breast Plate, etc.)
  • Dream (works in helms / shields both; commonly created in a Bone Visage / Troll Nest, respectively)

The full statistics for these Runewords can be found here: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

How do I make the glitch take place?
-Well, you simply equip and re-equip any of the Runeword items over and over again. The Auras will remain and result in massive damage.

What if I think it takes too long to do the glitch?
-Get over it. I've heard of users who can click as quickly as a few hundred a minute. I also believe there is a GMerc script available to XP Donors.

What are the benefits of the glitch?
-The incredible damage has done wonders for PvM and PvP both.
  • PvM - Chaosing. A GMerc can often be the one to make a Chaos run much quicker. Have a friend teleport as you glitch your merc.
  • General PvM - Having a GMerc with Fire / Lightning damage often eliminates the factor that you might run into a monster you can't kill because of immunity
  • PvP - This is the big one. I've seen CS Zons tear up in duel games with this one. The damage that it deals to a player, if equipped and re-equipped enough, is unbelievable.

All right. I think I convered the basics of GMerc'ing.

If you have insightful information, please feel free to post it.

Spam will not be tolerated. I am spending FG on this title and requesting that it would be Stickied. Do not put your trash here.

Thanks, everyone.

~Morbid.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 14.27
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2006 11:48am
Gave some sticky love smile.gif

As Morbid. said, no spam please.
May 30 2006 12:20pm
Thanks Xizeta. smile.gif

And oh yes, Markos. reminded me of something that I had missed. Just one question.

Is this glitch permanent?
-Absolutely not. The glitch will be gone every time you join / rejoin a game, and it will be gone every time your Mercenary dies. Let the clicking begin.
Gold: 8.37
Warn: 100%
May 31 2006 05:47am
Quote (Morbid. @ Tue, 30 May 2006, 20:34)

• PvP - This is the big one. I've seen CS Zons tear up in duel games with this one. The damage that it deals to a player, if equipped and re-equipped enough, is unbelievable.

Wrong. gmerc damage can be totally nullified with wisp/tg/dwarf.
And umm.. it's not really worth using for pvp. Any decent pvper will kill you if you use merc. Then you're on your way to get nk'd, gold stolen + you are hated everywhere lol.
Warn: 10%
May 31 2006 09:12am
not really ive fought people that took on the rest of the game the whole other 7 people and easily took them all with all there bugged equipment
Gold: Locked
May 31 2006 10:18am
whats about the ice merk? isnt good as well?
May 31 2006 10:43am
Quote (The Rain @ Wed, May 31 2006, 07:47am)
Quote (Morbid. @ Tue, 30 May 2006, 20:34)

Wrong. gmerc damage can be totally nullified with wisp/tg/dwarf.
And umm.. it's not really worth using for pvp. Any decent pvper will kill you if you use merc. Then you're on your way to get nk'd, gold stolen + you are hated everywhere lol.

If you have an opinion, please PM me with it and I'll add it. Yes, "decent PvP'er." Thanks for pointing that one out. I was referring to Public duel games. I like to think of PvP as private and controlled. I don't know what the hell to call public games.

Also... refer to this:

Quote (cantisama88 @ Wed, May 31 2006, 11:12am)
not really ive fought people that took on the rest of the game the whole other 7 people and easily took them all with all there bugged equipment

Quote (Finchen @ Wed, May 31 2006, 12:18pm)
whats about the ice merk? isnt good as well?

In my information gathering thread, I was notified that a Fire Mercenary's splash damage was also affected by the Glitch.
May 31 2006 10:53am
Quote (Finchen @ by PM, Wed, May 31 2006, 12:50pm)
I think i didnt write what i realy mean wink.gif.

You are talking about fire and light merk.Is the ice merk a third posebility?

What I meant in the guide was that the Dream / Dream / HoJ / Dragon Runewords will give you Holy Fire / Holy Shock, so you'll have viable sources of Fire and Lightning Damage.

You can enable the glitch on any type of Mercenary.
Gold: Locked
May 31 2006 11:01am
^^ ty smile.gif
May 31 2006 12:58pm
just a question : do I need 4 rws and equip them all on my merc or is it just 1 rw enough to do this ? let's say I have Dream helm, if I equip my merc with (for example) spirit (sword + shield), forti armor and dream helm, equip & re-equip the helm many times will be enough to get the same amount of dmg ?
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12310Next
Closed New Topic New Poll