d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pvp Orbsorc Guide! > i feel the old one isnt that great...
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.35
Warn: 20%
Oct 1 2004 02:25pm
PvP OrbSorc Guide

Key
1)Intro
2)Gear
3)Skills
4)Stats
5)Merc
6)PvP Character Stratagies

Intro
Orb sorcs where very popular in .09, but died out at the begining of 1.10 and really stayed dead untill ladder reset came and tada, Deaths Fathom came into non-ladder giving the orb sorc the perfect weapon, and really sprining them back into dueling once aging.

Gear
Weapon: 35/-5 deaths fathom/ any __/-5 fathom/Hoto/ 5/-5 Wiz
Armor: 5/-5 35 all res Viper Maji/ 20/-5 warmth or Energy Shield Ormus/ COH
Helm: 20/-5 Nightwings/ Any Nightwings/ Godly Circlet/ Shako
Shield: 60+ all res low strngth require Sancuary (i.e large/tower/kite shield)/ 5/-5 lidless
Boots: Duped Grim Spurs/ eth treks/ silkweaves
Gloves: Magefists/ Trang Gloves/ Frostburns
Belt: Arachnid Mesh and NO OTHER
Rings: 1 soj and 1 10 fcr + 50+ mana cast ring with other good mods
Ammy: Armegedon Fletch/ Storm Circlet/ Maras
Switch: best C2a u can get and a lidless
Charms:
Grand-8x plain/+life Cold Charms and 2x 12 fhr Cold charms
Large- pshh nty
Small- 9x of the best life/manas you can get, 1x anny(the higher the +stats the better ur sorc will be)

Skills
Cold Skills :
Max: IceBolt, Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery
1 Point: prerequisites

Lighting Skills :
Max: Telekenesis
Points into: Energy Shield (8), Tele(After Everything else has whats needed, rest into here)
1 Point: Prerequisites

Fire Skills :
NONE!

Stats
Strength: ABSOLUTLEY JUST ENUFF TO WEAR YOUR HIGHEST STRNGTH ITEM!!(Probably going to be your nightwings)
Dexterity: None
Both Below Stats Should Be Applied NAKED!!! NOT EVEN CHARMS ON!!!
Vitality: 150 points into it
Energy: rest into this, LISTEN ON THIS FOR U NEWBIES TO ORBERS!!! THIS IS WHAT YOUR ENERGY SHIELD THRIVES ON!!! ITS LIKE LIFE

Merc
In My Opinion the best pvp orbsorc merc is a hell rouge with the following gear:
Weapon: OHM'd Windforce
Armor: 160/60 ias with life
Helm: 120/45 with life

Some People think a rouge is stupid but... its really the only merc that can attack while on the run, and scence ul mostly be dueling casters on ur sorc, most casters dont have much block, and the merc can deal alot of damage, ive had my merc 1-2 hit ko people..

Stratagies

TRY YOUR BEST!!! I cant tell you how to duel.. youve got to figure out your own ways, everybody has a different way on doing it, and ways on how they work well, but i can tell you, that youl need some reflexes so, i recomend the reflex game, you can get it by going to google or yahoo, and searchnog for "Reflex Game". It should be the first thing you see....

p.s: just have fun this is a game your playing so just have fun, dont get stressed about sorbers either, they are there, there pathetic i know, but you cant do anything about it

Credits:
Myself(seem arrogant here, but i made this sorc by myself, and had no help on making it)
My freind for telling me to make one
Hopefully, whoever pins this so other people can make good sorcs...
Gold: 40.24
Oct 1 2004 04:32pm
Hmm, you'll need 1 point into warmth at least smile.gif
Oct 1 2004 04:44pm
its called mana pots...

warmth aint gunna boost ur mana nocably when ur dueling anyways... one hit and ur es in d=gunna cut down on the mana even more...

more into tele is smarter then warmth...

u can also get 20/-5 warmth ormus like i stated...
Gold: 2,105.00
Oct 1 2004 05:08pm
If you don't have +3 warmth ormus 1 point in warmth is a must. No talking about that.

Otherwise an very good guide. smile.gif
Gold: 103.30
Oct 1 2004 05:15pm
well i'm not saying my guide is the best but.. atleast i'm not saying other guides suck either, atleast i gave dueling tips vs different types, ur guide, non in warmth? gimme a break plz.. also u are way to mana dependend, if u get pierced by conviction or something ur dead in a few hits, energy shield doesn't have resist+absorb
nightwings is hardly over rated, the life/mana/dr from shako, and the life u gain from saving the stat points is just alot better than the little dmg u gain from it.

rest of ur gear makes no sence either, some people don't know the bp's so they can just use:
wizpike 50
stormcirclet 20
1 fcr ring 10
magefists 20
lidless 20
vipermagi 30
giving them 150 fcr which makes no sence at all, tell them which bp's to aim for, don't just post alot of gear pieces
Gold: 40.24
Oct 1 2004 05:23pm
I think warmth is a must for any sorc, even when starting out warmth helps out a bit, without it you'll be like any other char without a decent mana regen, (pala with meditation is an exception). Anyway warmth with your plus skills helps regen mana pretty quickly...better than being mana pot dependant all the time
Gold: Locked
Oct 2 2004 06:37am
Pinned. smile.gif Good job. thumbs.gif
Oct 2 2004 11:30am
ookay triple wtf...

fine 1 point into warmth...

and, are u retarded... es sorcs oviously get more mana over life.. and btw, i have no + life cold charms really cept a 21+ and i have over 1k life and over 2k mana... thats good imo and you can do better...

nw>shako point blank... orber dont do much dmg in the first place so u want a nightwings for the 20% or w/e u can get, also it gives dex and +2 skills...

btw, people can pick w/e gear they want that fits them, i know some 200 fcr orbers thta do damn good, its all what the people like...

also in your picture on ur guide, it shows you using lidless.. wtf?? imo sanc is the best, u get res/fhr/block/dex... trust me u want sanc if ur guoing to be good, b.c u need max res to duel, u cnt go and attempt to duel another ele caster with low res and expect to win b.c u need to get close to attack which meens youl get hit, also es comes in here b.c even if u get hit. it will take more mana then life which is good to hopefully get the kill...

and i said why i didnt post character dueling guide, its all in peoples desicions, i can gaurntee that my dueling ways wont work on other people becuase its just all in hwo u duel... and btw, all ur "stragies" were pretty muc, oh just tele around and orb.... wow good advice, all they have to do is duel you once, find ur pattern, and when ur doing ur circlles BOOM tele infront of u attack drian ur mana ur stuck there and then u die... and with my guide i sugested that u get a 1-3 mana tele so even if u do get stuck in this situation, u can get away.. this is a PVP guide so i pointed out ways to last longer and hopefully win pvp

PS: i dont htink people are gping to want to take advice from a SCAMMER

This post was edited by shortman1163 on Oct 2 2004 11:31am
Gold: 103.30
Oct 2 2004 11:42am
cry me a river plz, what gave u the impression im not dueling full res vs orbers/fohers? ofc im using lidless with fathom, we don't have duped 15+ fcr ammy's here, but i don't care about ur opinion, since ur just a silly dumbass who cares about a trade status instead of what the person has to tell you
Gold: 116.00
Oct 2 2004 04:11pm
nw>shako point blank... orber dont do much dmg in the first place so u want a nightwings for the 20% or w/e u can get, also it gives dex and +2 skills...

dmg is not everything, if you do major dmg but die in 1 hit you still suck

also in your picture on ur guide, it shows you using lidless.. wtf?? imo sanc is the best, u get res/fhr/block/dex... trust me u want sanc if ur guoing to be good, b.c u need max res to duel, u cnt go and attempt to duel another ele caster with low res and expect to win b.c u need to get close to attack which meens youl get hit, also es comes in here b.c even if u get hit. it will take more mana then life which is good to hopefully get the kill...

tits easy to get max resi without sanc and you need a shitload of dex to get max block with sanc

and with my guide i sugested that u get a 1-3 mana tele so even if u do get stuck in this situation, u can get away

if you have high enough warmth your mana will replenish fast enough and warmth also replenishes the mana you lose with attacking, therefor imo its better to divide the skills you have left over warmth and tele and not put all in tele

for the rest its a good guide though, no offense, but why take other guides down?

PS: i dont htink people are gping to want to take advice from a SCAMMER

this is rather sad

This post was edited by sK_Kabouter on Oct 2 2004 04:13pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll