d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > How To Set Up Ops For Your Irc Guild Channel
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 15 2008 12:44pm
Assuming you actually have a guild channel purchased from njaguar for 1,000 fg, you can now begin setting up AOPs, HOPs, and VOPs for your guild.

There are a few things to go over first. The definitions of the available modes for users.

(&) SOP: Stands for Super Operator. An IRC channel administrator who has capabilities below the channel's founder, but higher than automatic operators (AOPs). SOPs can appoint new AOPs, HOPS and VOPS. As well as remove their access from the channel all together. They can pretty much do anything with the channel except appoint new SOPs. The guild leader is automatically given SOP status. Make sure your guild leader has a registered nickname before you purchase the channel to clear up any confusion. If your guild leader is registered and identified and still doesn't have this status, send a pm to Njaguar by clicking this list and wait until he gets back to you. If you purchased a guild from someone else and they already have a guild IRC channel, SOP cannot be transferred, so you have to keep in contact with the one who has SOP if you wish to set up further OPS for your channel.

(@) AOP: Stands for Automatic Operator. An IRC channel host who moderates the topics, keeps online users in check and provides help for those that require it. AOPs can appoint new HOPs and VOPS, as well as ban/kick anyone lower than them from the channel. You should only give AOP status to those in your guild that you trust to be mature enough to moderate the channel.

(%) HOP: Stands for Half Operator. An IRC channel moderator who moderates the topics, keep online users and check and provides help for those that require it. HOPs can appoint new VOPS and ban/kick users that are causing trouble, however they cannot kick/ban anyone higher than them.

(-) VOP: Stands for Voiced User. A regular IRC user that has proven he or she is a well mannered and mature user, VOPs have no special mod powers, however when the channel is under +m (moderated) VOPs can still speak. +M mutes the channel so any user that isn't OP'd or VOP'd cannot speak (Only use this if people are mass spamming and you need to get it under control, I will explain how to set that later)

If you have any questions, or concerns about these available user modes, do not hestitate to send me a pm.

Setting up AOP

Now let's get down to setting up your OPs for your new IRC guild channel. Remember, only the SOP(guild leader) can set up the channel.

Let's assume for the sake of this guide, that your guild channel is named #guildchannel

The box where you type your message in, you need to type /cs AOP #guildchannel ADD nicknamehere

replace #guildchannel with your guild channels name and nicknamehere with the user you wish to give AOP to.
Given you entered the command correctly, that users name will now be in the AOP list.
To make sure you did it right, type /cs AOP #guildchannel LIST
A list will come up, the user you specified should be under that list, if they are not, contact me via pm and I will direct you from there.

Setting up HOP

The box where you type your message in, you need to type /cs HOP #guildchannel ADD nicknamehere

replace #guildchannel with your guild channels name and nicknamehere with the user you wish to give HOP to.
Given you entered the command correctly, that users name will now be in the HOP list.
To make sure you did it right, type /cs HOP #guildchannel LIST
A list will come up, the user you specified should be under that list, if they are not, contact me via pm and I will direct you from there.

Setting up VOP

The box where you type your message in, you need to type /cs VOP #guildchannel ADD nicknamehere

replace #guildchannel with your guild channels name and nicknamehere with the user you wish to give VOP to.
Given you entered the command correctly, that users name will now be in the VOP list.
To make sure you did it right, type /cs VOP #guildchannel LIST

Basic Commands.

Now that you have the user modes set up, let's go over some basic commands for the OPs and regular users.

To bring up the list type /help
It will bring up a help file that is included with your MIRC client.
The name of the links you want are Basic IRC Commands and mIRC commands.
Click them to bring up a list of all the available commands.

If you still have any questions or concerns, do not hestitate to pm me at any time, I will try to help you to the best of my knowledge.

Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll