d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Gg Warcry Barb Guide-pvp Gm/bm > by: NickC8
1236Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
May 17 2006 06:24pm
Alright people i saw another warcry barb guide on here, and i do not agree with it so here it is, my warcry barb guide...this is mainly based off of my warcry barb
Pfft (*dismal_memories)

This is a weapon/shield build

Gear:

Helms:
08 valk - best choice, fhr,fcr,frw very nice helm
nice barb circlet-2nd best choice ( will require use of a fcr ring )

Ammy:
Gale shell- resists,skills,stats,frw
30 maras- resists,skills,stats
Imp brow-resists,skills,stats
Fletch- Cast, strength,mana,life,resists

Shield:
Berd stormshield- only real choice...easy to get max block... will let u get max dmg reduce ( 43 sheild 8 in enigma)

Boots:
G spurs- Nice choice, fhr,res,stats
eth treks- nice defense, str,vita,fhr,psn res
hotspurs- when needed
Rings:
sojs- mana is an issue on ww barbs..this will help fix that
2x ravens when needed
2x dwarfs when needed
2x wisps when needed
Fcr rings with dex/mana- only needed if u cant get a valk

Belt:
arach- only choice..20 cast 1 skill

Gloves:
Trang gloves-for the cast... i prefer trang over mage because of cold res....cold stack helps
magefists- only other real choice, 20 cast...mana regen

Weapon:
Heart of the oak ( preferably 40)
Eternity( only for getting the revives using the charges b4 bm duels..u will bo with hoto/ss on so they can get bo as well )
Gravel of pain- this is in your switch for amping people...

Armor:
Enigma ( breast plate, light plate, ring mail, mage plate) << should easily have the str for any of these... u may get enough str for dusk/gothic/scarab though

Inventory:
3x fhr warcry gcs
6x 30+ life warcry gcs( preferably 30+ can be lower though)
10x legit life/mana scs or if u can afford 10x 70-15s ( i use 1x perm 70-15 and 9x legit life/manas and with my build mana isnt a big issue like this)

Stats:
Str: enough to get stormshield on ( shoudlnt be much after anni/torch/enig)
Dex: enough for max block
Vita: rest ( should have alot of vita)
Energy: none

Skills

Warcry-20
Howl- put the-Rest here - should be about 16 at lvl 90
taunt-20
Battle cry-20
battle orders-20
battle command-1
potion find-1 ( for juv hunting b4 bm duels)
natural res- 1
iron skin-1
Leap-1
Shout-1

Mercenary:
act 3 glitch merc
Hoj crystal
Dragon armor
Dream shield ( non pally)
dream helm

this build gets the 105 fcr breakpoint and the 86 faster hit recovery breakpoint ( with hotspurs on even)

max block/max dmg reduce/max resists are achieved as well

The mercenary allows the cry barb to be alot more effective vs chars that u simply cant beat gm..( mainly this refers to hammerdins)
the revives from eternity allow for the same thing..u can tele on hammerdins and other things without worrying whatsoever)
potion find is very helpful for juv hunting

a mix of leaping/teleing on and stunning makes this char very effective for team duels
the merc/vives/potion find/ability to sorb makes the warcry barb a very nice bm char ( i mainly only bm in pub/clan duels)

The warcry barb is an extremly fun character guys, so i recomend giving it a shot

had to repost this due to me forgetting a skill last time i posted haha
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2006 01:51pm
Can u please give me a screenshot of ur barb? I have one now, but i dosent have maxblock, is this a must?

Can you give me duellstrategy's also?

Nice guide btw!
Gold: 5.02
Jun 20 2006 01:55pm
I was going to ask a few Q's but than I saw this isn't a Legit Baba tongue.gif

I have a pure legit WC baba, I wouldn't mind doing a B v B w/ you.

Are you west by chance?

-Jory
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 25 2006 09:00pm
NIce guide man very helpful
Gold: 1,303.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 3 2006 11:15pm
Mmm I dont agree with much of what you said ohmy.gif

If I could find my guide to bump I would...
Gold: 1,492.00
Oct 4 2006 01:56am
well, what dont you agree with then? besides your guide what suggestions would you have?
Gold: 3.00
Oct 10 2006 05:48pm
i have a problem because with the gear you listed, ( 08 valk, wpn/shield instead of dual hoto,) you lose a lot of damage on a charater that has low damage to begin with. whats you damage with this setup and have you tried a bo helm and dual hotos?
Gold: 270.69
Warn: 10%
Oct 13 2006 12:55am
Quote (Fink @ Wed, Oct 4 2006, 01:15am)
Mmm I dont agree with much of what you said  ohmy.gif

If I could find my guide to bump I would...

Gold: 0.00
Oct 22 2006 08:38pm
Sorry to say that buddy but u have absolutely no clue ībout shaman barbs. If that is a guide the people really cling to...good heavens!

Trying to give u some hints:

Warcry barbarians have absolutely no need for a shield. Where is the sense to block attacks from stunned monsters that donīt attack anyway? Furthermore the singer has massive life, so getting hit a few times is no big deal to him.

If i look at statements like that a shiver goes down my spine.

Helms:

Best helmet u can get for a warcry barbarian is a magical 2 sox helm 3 WC, 3 NR, 3 Warcries. Hard to believe that u estimate a circlet better then that. Same thing with Boots. There is absolutely no need for Treks as with 7k+ life youīll never get in FHR except maybe with Nihlatakīs corpse explosion e.g. And if u really fear those rare occasions where heīs really conquered with FHR then use some charms. But its senseless really. The boots shall deliver mana thatīs it. Mana is everything with a warcry barbarian. castercrafted boots or silkweaves should be the wisemanīs choice here. Trang Ouls are absolutely worthless. Gimme a hint where u fear monsters with high colddam? Mages are the only gloves that make really sense. U could also use frosties but they are a little weaker. We need Mana, mana and again mana.The advice for the mercenary is merley a joke. First of all the gmerc doenīt work anymore (for godīs sake) and second the merc kills more then we with the intended equip. If that is a character concept to create a absolutely brainwashed build that only kills because itīs merc uses a bug that relies on duped items: uīre welcome. Why donīt u just give that equip to a amazon and let her run araound with gmerc? As mercenary thereīs really only one option: act2 nightmare

And thereīs only one choice as weapon for him: reaperīs toll. U could also use insight but that means a massive loss of damage u canīt egalize with gained +skills from your gear.

I knew a thousend more things bout this so called "guide" to critizice but i regret that iīm really not able to readl the whole guide through as tears of laughter make my sight a little blurry.

U want to use him for PVP? Simply forget about it. WC can be blocked, your mana will run out quite fast (especially with your items) and the damage is so low that most opponents could simply not realize that u are attacking them.

greetings Bernd

This post was edited by behaart on Oct 22 2006 09:00pm
Gold: 1,303.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 30 2006 08:12pm
Quote (behaart @ Mon, Oct 23 2006, 02:38am)
Sorry to say that buddy but u have absolutely no clue ībout shaman barbs. If that is a guide the people really cling to...good heavens!

Trying to give u some hints:

Warcry barbarians have absolutely no need for a shield. Where is the sense to block attacks from stunned monsters that donīt attack anyway? Furthermore the singer has massive life, so getting hit a few times is no big deal to him.

If i look at statements like that a shiver goes down my spine.

Helms:

Best helmet u can get for a warcry barbarian is a magical 2 sox helm 3 WC, 3 NR, 3 Warcries. Hard to believe that u estimate a circlet better then that. Same thing with Boots. There is absolutely no need for Treks as with 7k+ life youīll never get in FHR except maybe with Nihlatakīs corpse explosion e.g. And if u really fear those rare occasions where heīs really conquered with FHR then use some charms. But its senseless really. The boots shall deliver mana thatīs it. Mana is everything with a warcry barbarian. castercrafted boots or silkweaves should be the wisemanīs choice here. Trang Ouls are absolutely worthless. Gimme a hint where u fear monsters with high colddam? Mages are the only gloves that make really sense. U could also use frosties but they are a little weaker. We need Mana, mana and again mana.The advice for the mercenary is merley a joke. First of all the gmerc doenīt work anymore (for godīs sake) and second the merc kills more then we with the intended equip. If that is a character concept to create a absolutely brainwashed build that only kills because itīs merc uses a bug that relies on duped items: uīre welcome. Why donīt u just give that equip to a amazon and let her run araound with gmerc? As mercenary thereīs really only one option: act2 nightmare

And thereīs only one choice as weapon for him: reaperīs toll. U could also use insight but that means a massive loss of damage u canīt egalize with gained +skills from your gear.

I knew a thousend more things bout this so called "guide" to critizice but i regret that iīm really not able to readl the whole guide through as tears of laughter make my sight a little blurry.

U want to use him for PVP? Simply forget about it. WC can be blocked, your mana will run out quite fast (especially with your items) and the damage is so low that most opponents could simply not realize that u are attacking them.

greetings Bernd

You're an idiot

Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1236Next
Closed New Topic New Poll