d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Throw Barb Guide > Chaos, Ubers, Level 99...everything
12331Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 120,593.01
Sep 6 2008 11:44pm
Table of contents:
I. Introduction
II. Gear
III. Inventory
IV. Mercenary
V. Stats/Skills
VI. Hot Key Setup
VII. How To Play!
VIII. Throw Barb Doing All The Ubers, WTF!?
IX. Tips, Notes, and Cool Things

I. Introduction

A throw barb?! But don't they suck?
And chaosing + ubers on it?
Has Morholt must have gone off the chain!
Think again!

First, before we get anywhere into this, I would like to ask everyone who makes this character, to NEVER use tmc with it--or any other gay programs; this character should be played pure legit.
This barb teles at the 105 fcr (8 frames) break point, and can hit up to 7.1 times per second if you like! We can even desync run if we want!
If you want proof of this character's abilities, the first level 99 barb on East for season 5 was done by this build!
This Barb has MASSIVE damage. With this setup, its max onscreen damage is 7.2k, and this is multiplied by 3x in pvm--that's 21.6k!
Just how good is this barb? I stopped placing stat points and skill points in after level 92!

II. Gear

Helm: 195+/5+ Arreats with Ias/40+Ar jewel
-The godliest thing anyone could want for a barb: fhr, res, dex, str, skills, ar, life leech

Armor: Mageplate Enigma
-Teleport, str, defense, life, skills, dr.

Amulet: Highlord's
-Ias, res, deadly strike, skills

Boots: Immortal King (I'm serious about this!)
-Frw, life, ar

Gloves: Laying of Hands
-Ias, fire res, 350% ed vs demons

Belt: Arach
-Fcr, skills, slow

Ring1: Ravenfrost
-Cannot be frozen, ar, dex, cold damage, cold sorb, mana

Ring2: Fcr/20+ Poison resistance/ 110+ Ar/ 12+ Dexterity***

Primary Weapon1: Eth Lacerator
-GG, Must use

Primary Weapon2: Eth Warshrike
-GG, must use

Secondary Weapon1: Hoto (I like mine in a Scourge smile.gif)
-Fcr, skills

Secondary Weapon2: 35% Fcr Spirit Monarch
-Fcr, skills, blocking

***The order of importance of stats on Ring2 are as listed. Do NOT neglect your poison resistance.

III. Inventory

18+/20 B torch
20/17+/10 Anni
4x 8+max/ar/30+life gc's
2x 8+max/ar/5+dex gc's
2x 30+ar/19+life sc's
3x 3max/15+ar/2dex sc's
Tome of town portal

IV. Mercenary

Act1 Cold (buy it from normal!)

Helm: Eth Gaze: 7+life leech/x mana leech/20% Dr (add ber if you can)
- defense, life leech, dr

Armor: eth glitched Chains of Honor
- Damage vs demons, damage vs undead, res, dr, life replenish

Weapon: Faith Shadow Bow (best base to use)
-Fanat, res, damage, speed, damage vs undead, reanimate

V. Stats/Skills

Strength: Nothing
Dexterity: Base of 74
Vitality: All he rest
Energy: This isn't an ES sorc.

*The choice of your extra stat points after 92 is your pick between dexterity and vitality.
Every 5 into vitality is about 90-100 life, but you may want more dexterity after reading #11 in Section IX.

Warcries Tree:
9 Howl
1 Shout
20 Battle Orders
1 Battle Command

Combat Masteries:
1 Axe Mastery
20 Throw Mastery
1 Increased Stamina
1 Increased Speed
1 Iron Skin
1 Natural Resistance

Combat Skills:
1 Bash
8 Leap
20 Double Swing
1 Stun
14 Double Throw
1 Concentrate
1 Frenzy
1 Berserk

*I recommend adding your next 3 skill points into howl, and then the rest into berserk.

VI. Hot Key Setup

This Is my personal setup; very comfortable, in my opinion.
F1 = Leap (right side)
F2 = Tele (right side)
F3 = Howl (right side)
F8 = Tp (right side)
A = Shout (right side)
S = Battle Orders (right side)
D = Battle command (right side)
F = Berserk (left Side)
Z = Double Throw (left Side)
X = Double Swing (left Side)

With your tele/bo switch, leave leap (not hot key'd) as your left click. Use right click to tele, bo/shout/battle command, and to howl stuff away.

VII. How To Play!

-First of all, I'd like to say: DON'T WASTE TIME BY USELESS TELEPORTS!
-Head to the river of flame (run their with your bo/tele switch already out).

-Cast your bo/shout/battle command.
-Tele up to the vizier by keep your cursor all the way up at the top right corner of the screen (this will naturally take you more towards the left).
-Open his seal, the open the empty seal.
-Howl the stuff off him, throw for 2 secs, and then head over to de seis (make sure you tele over the corner-like wall to cut time).

-Open De seis' seal and tele down for him (Note: never tele in the little strip he spawns in; tele a little over to the side to stay safe).
-Stand for ONE second under (or at a side) his group, move to a different side of him, Use a howl or two, one leap in place to move him slightly to the side/away, and rain down on him some pain!

-Tele over the corner-like wall to the Infector's area.
-Open the empty seal and then open his.
-Stand outside of his group some and use some howls until he runs up to meet you. You can either stand in his face, or tele right in place and move back a step to let your merc tank him, and then unload on him.
-When Infector dies, party with the rest to single the person killing with you to come; tele over to the star and tp.

********A Minor Inconvenience********
Sometimes Vizier and Infector will sometimes spawn as Physical Immune AND Stone Skin.
Amplify damage will remove physical immune, but they will still have very high physical resistance; this is where we use berserk.
Vizier has low life and is easy to cut through, and we use laying of hands, so infector takes solid damage from your berserks.
If in the very rare case they spawn with mana burn, just berserk 2-3 times, leap on him, and repeat.
If something spawns with just one of the two, they are easy to kill with throwing.
I've gone 50+ straight runs without either spawning like this, and other times I've gone 5 games in a row with one or both of them spawning like this.

VIII. Throw Barb Doing All The Ubers, WTF!?

Gear that you will need:
Treachery to cause fade.
Drac's.
Goblin Toe boots.
Coh (In anything with under 100 str)
Rare belt with 28 or more strength. Try for fhr/life/lite res/cold res on it next.
-If you use a gothic plate coh, you can use a belt with up to 100 str req; if you use a high str req coh, your belt will need to be 70 and str req.
-Use 2x of your eth warshrikes.
-You can use your normal weapon setup, but it isn't quite as safe; but both curses will be constantly triggering every half second, so you shouldn't die. However, I recommend using the dual eth warshrikes while fight Meph to be safe and for clearing out the areas for constnat peircing to hit mages easier.

*You will only need the coh, belt, and treachery while in Tristram.

Duriel: Go in there and destroy him. Use some frenzy to start out to counter his holy freeze, then start throwing and switching to frenzy every few seconds to stay at max attack speed.

Lilith: Tele around until you find her. If there is stuff near here, howl/leap it away. If something has an aura like fanat, might, or holy freeze, kill that first, obviously.
Keep you merc where lilith can't hit it (have it stand behind Lilith while you are tanking/killing).

Izual: Tele to him. Scout if there are any nearby mages. If there are, kill them first with throwing. Howl the other stuff away.
If there is just too much stuff, you can always lure him over to the red portal by teleporting over the little lava rivers since he will teleport to follow you.
He is an easy kill, and your merc can tank him, honestly.

Tristram: This is where you put on treachery and go stand in the fire in the pen. This will activate fade. Now put on your coh and belt.
Use what ever method/order that you are comfortable with using to kill them. Remember to use your howl if you get crowded by lots of summons.

Dclone? What a joke. No need to switch any of your gear. Just go own him using pure physical damage.
Only switch on dracs and goblin toes if it is a packed game.
(I wanted to include a video for you guys, but it makes me run at 5fps and it is just unbearable. sad.gif)

IX. Tips, Notes, and Cool Things

1) Even though your weapons replenish, you will eventually start to run low.
You will need more than 1x set. You can manage with 2x, but I keep 3x. smile.gif

2) Using Frenzy and then switching to your hoto/spirit, you will be able to run at speeds fast enough to desync and run faster than someone can tele!

3) When you attack, you will blink on other peoples' screens! This happens when using Frenzy and/or Double throw.

4) Double Swing will cost -6 mana. Wtf? lol

5) Dexterity for a throw barb is the same way as a bow zon. It will not only increase attack rating and defense, but also your damage! This is why we raised our base dexterity and use some charms with dexterity.

6) There is a point into axe mastery for when you encounter something physical immune + stone skin. It will raise your berserk damage while attacking using your ethereal lacerator.

7) Our normal attack speed is 6.25 times per second! If you use frenzy and then throw, you'll attack at 7.14 times per second!

8) Why is our on screen damage multiplied by 3x? Highlord's + Warshike is 85% deadly strike. Plus 22% critical strike from mastery. And with 33% chance of amplify damage on striking, this averages to slightly under one second to cast amp with 6.25 attacks per second.
So there is you're reason. wink.gif

9) This barb has an advantage over zerk barbs while leveling. If you find a shrine during chaos, on the way to nih, or perhaps a friend found you one, during nih he might be cursed. This would mean bye bye to your shrine when you get up close to him. With a thrower, you can just howl/leap the stuff away, tele to place your merc near nih, move yourself away some without beind directly behind nih, and unload on him.

10) The witches in the Halls of Vaught can also try to curse your shrine. However, you can tele around fast enough to evade them. If they are in the area of nih, simply tele to them and cast howl, then go to nih.

11) This character is like a bowazon, the more dex you add, the more ar/damage you get. It will also raise your defense some, and improve your blocking while using your teleport/bo switch! smile.gif

12) This Barb has found me lots of good things, and could easily be converted to a nice mfer. You could throw on some travs, a gheeds, a couple mf charms and you'd be at 200 mf right there!

13) Using this barb to rush is very doable, and it is quite easy to do! Rushing on him even without maphack is fast (just have to run to act 5 for some mana pots every now and then sad.gif).

Sep 6 2008 11:44pm
Pictures you guys may want to see. smile.gif

icon_pointl.gif 1% from perfect. ><

icon_pointl.gif perfect, self found; from Diablo, coincidentally.

icon_pointl.gif This is the absurd ring my throw barb used last season.

This post was edited by Morholt on Sep 6 2008 11:45pm
Gold: 3,291.20
Sep 7 2008 12:14am
great guide. hope to see it in actino sometime biggrin.gif.
Sep 7 2008 12:15am
Quote (SoB_Dutch @ Sun, Sep 7 2008, 02:14am)
great guide. hope to see it in actino sometime biggrin.gif.
Too late, already level 99. smile.gif
Gold: 3,291.20
Sep 7 2008 12:20am
Quote (Morholt @ Sun, Sep 7 2008, 01:15am)
Too late, already level 99. smile.gif

orly? i forgot to read the memo lol jk but seriously, you should duel me sometime. i wanna get 5-0'd
Gold: 0.00
Sep 7 2008 12:23am
woooooot you are so sexi ken master!!!
Gold: 8,224.05
Sep 7 2008 12:29am
I've tested PvM throw barbs several times and I never found them very effective in Chaos. Hdin and sorcs still clear chaos 2 time faster then a throw barb.
Also i can understand you can do Ubers minions (duriel etc) easy with this char, but i don't think you'll get result similar to smiters or kicksins for uber tristam.
Again it will be slower ....

Otherwise grats on your 99 thrower...
Sep 7 2008 12:32am
Quote (hofx2 @ Sun, Sep 7 2008, 02:29am)
I've tested PvM throw barbs several times and I never found them very effective in Chaos. Hdin and sorcs still clear chaos 2 time faster then a throw barb.
Also i can understand you can do Ubers minions (duriel etc) easy with this char, but i don't think you'll get result similar to smiters or kicksins for uber tristam.
Again it will be slower ....

Otherwise grats on your 99 thrower...
It's not chaos for leechers.
It's for spawning Diablo within 40 seconds of the game being made for some Top2 exp.
I'd always chaos leechers with a lite sorc or hdin, that's a given. biggrin.gif

And yea, a kicksin/smiter/frenzy barb is way faster, but I was just showing off the build by doing ubers with it.
How often do you hear of someone doing ubers with a throw barb?
Gold: 8,224.05
Sep 7 2008 12:38am
Yeah well sure you can kill diablo fast with this build but sorcs/hdin will still be way more effective on crushing bosses there...
And yeah you can do ubers with almost any physical build, some are just more effective then others.

Also i really don't believe you that youre spawning diablo in 40 sec while soloing with such a char a full chaos run...
Sep 7 2008 12:43am
Quote (hofx2 @ Sun, Sep 7 2008, 02:38am)
Yeah well sure you can kill diablo fast with this build but sorcs/hdin will still be way more effective on crushing bosses there...
And yeah you can do ubers with almost any physical build, some are just more effective then others.

Also i really don't believe you that youre spawning diablo in 40 sec while soloing with such a char a full chaos run...
Hmm, you must live in the world of botting and hacks, or just must be completely ignorant to the world of high leveling.
You only kill Vizier, De Seis, and Infector.
You portal at the star, and your "topper" friend (sorc/javazon) rapes diablo in 2 hits (or one hit if you baal with Caulder's zon biggrin.gif).

But you're going to continue posting on the build, after not reading the guide, I assume, right?
Because I clearly stated these things in this guide.

I can go get nearly every high level sorc/zon on east to vouch my chaosing when they wake up, if you would want.

This post was edited by Morholt on Sep 7 2008 12:47am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12331Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll