d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Counter-Strike > Thee Leet World ! It Rulezxoor > Repost, No Spam
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2008 11:44am
Some Short Videos:
http://www.theleetworld.com/shorts/

Episodes
http://www.theleetworld.com/episodes

FAQ

Q: Who are you guys?

A: Nick, Daniel and Eddy do all of the production work on the show. Head on over to the about page for more info.

Q: When is episode ### coming out?

A: We don’t really have a set release schedule, and we generally don’t start talking about likely release dates until an episode is close to completion. Even then things can change. We don’t want to get your hopes up and then dash them when the episode gets delayed another week while we drink margs put on the finishing touches.

Q: How long does an episode take to make?

A: It changes from episode to episode, depending on the complexity of shots and how many set-ups there are, but it averages a few weeks. This does not include times when we are “on break” or when members of Smooth Few are out of town. This is why we do not have a set release schedule.

Q: Can I buy the episodes on DVD?

A: No. Not right now. We would need permission from Valve to sell DVDs, and we don’t have that yet, so selling a DVD would be illegal. If anyone tries to sell you a Leet World DVD, or if you see one on eeeeebay or another auction site, please don’t buy the DVD - not only is it illegal, that person is trying to profit off of our hard work.

Q: Will there be a second season?

A: Yes, but not immediately. We’re going to take a break from producing The Leet World for a few months, but that doesn’t mean we won’t stay busy, and we are planning on releasing a few TLW-related shorts to tide you over until the season premiere. We’ve also got some other projects in the pipeline that you’ll start hearing about soon…

Q: Will all of the characters return next season?

A:There’s really no way to answer this question without telling you what happens next season. We recommend that you just keep watching the show and find out what happens…

Q: Who does the voice for each of the characters?

Chet - Nick
Westheimer - Eddy
Leeroy - Kerry
Montrose - Eddy
Ellis - Daniel
Cortez - Eddy
Ahmad - Ben
Producer - Nick
Adam Sizzler - Daniel
“Domination” - Eddy
Player - ?
Mendoza - Ty
Pablo - Doug

Q: Who writes the music?

A: Damn Dangerous (Jace). His Myspace page is: http://www.myspace.com/damndangerous

Jace does all of the music for the show, except for the remix of the theme song used for Episode 14. That was done by a contest-winner. Every single other piece is one of his original compositions.

Q: Where can I download the theme song?

A: Here.

Q: What about the other songs? I’d really like to be able to download the song from _______!

A: Due to popular demand, you can also download a free version of a song called “Ambush at Bomb Site B“. Please note, however, that because the music is one of the only parts of the show that we own the rights to, we aren’t planning on offering any further free downloads of Jace’s music.

There is good news, however. Sometime after the release of the Season Finale, we’ll finally be adding a section to our website for you to purchase a soundtrack inspired by music from our first season of The Leet World. Jace has been hard at work on this for a bit now, and is choosing a number of his favorite tunes from the course of the season to re-record and fill out as full songs, rather than the 20-30 second bits you hear in the show. We can’t talk details of pricing and such as of yet, but rest assured, it will be reasonable. And trust us, it’ll be worth every penny. Besides, if you just want one song, you can buy it individually.

Q: Hey, do you guys need any storage space or bandwidth?

A: Thanks, but no. This is something we’d like to manage ourselves, and right now we have plenty.

Q: I have a great idea for an episode. Wanna hear it?

A: Please don’t send us your ideas, because we won’t read them. It’s a legal thing, guys. We don’t want to get accused of plagiarism if an episode happens to be similar to your idea. We also have very specific ideas of where we want to take the show, and we aren’t looking for story ideas from other places.

Q: Do you guys need interns? Are you hiring?

A: Right now The Leet World is something we make in our free time. All of us still have day jobs so that we can pay the bills. Our first priority is changing this show into something that can support us financially. Maybe at some point in the far future we will be established enough to need help and have the resources to pay for it, but at this point these types of questions are extremely premature.

Q: Can I be a voice? Can I volunteer to help in some way?

A: No, we are not looking for outside voice actors. We are also not looking for volunteers. If there ever is a time when we need outside help, we will probably post on the blog or in the forums. We love that so many people are enthusiastic about our show, but the best way to use that enthusiasm is to turn around and come up with your own idea for a show and start producing it.

Q: Do you use GMod/etc. to make this show?

A: The show is primarily shot in Counter-Strike Source. GMod is used for things like logs falling from trees.

Q: How do you capture the footage?

A: AJA Kona LH (PCI-X) over component.

Q: What programs do you use?

A: Final Cut Studio, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects.

Q: I’m making a machinima of my own, and I’m trying to figure out how to ______. Can you help me?

A: If you can’t find a good resource by searching the web, you can always post your question on our forums to see if someone knows a good resource, but please don’t ask us or the forum members to provide step-by-step walkthroughs of every aspect of making a machinima. We want to encourage an atmosphere of sharing, but can only help so much.

About Them:

Smooth Few Films

Eddy and Nick pretend to be friends. Daniel and Nick review the script and shot sheet. Daniel and Nick previewing a shot. Eddy with a “storyboard”.

Smooth Few Films consists of Daniel, Nick, and Eddy. They are based in Houston, Texas, and are lovers of all things related to movies, games, and machinima. While each has his own role to fill on the crew, (Nick as editor, Daniel as Director, and Eddy as Creator and Writer), nothing would happen without the collaboration of everyone on board. Though none of them are currently full-time filmmakers (not by choice), they hold degrees in Film and Creative Writing, and love to both entertain and create. Coincidentally, Smooth Few Films was the gag name the trio used for a project filmed in high school known as “Spoonfed”.

The Leet World

The story of The Leet World begins in 2004. Eddy, while off in the land of Flore Da, was inspired by the rise of machinima. It had been an idea several years previous to make a funny video using Counter-Strike, but never had it occurred that someone could make a web series. Obsessed with this phenomenon, he crafted the first draft of a script that was filmed by him and Daniel that October, never to see the light of day.

Alas, it sucked. But the idea lingered. The original idea of “The Show” (which did not have a name), was that two Counter-Terrorists were going to be on the trail of two known Terrorists. The CT portion of the show would run like “Law and Order”, a criminal investigation, and the T portion of the show would be like a reality series, featuring terrorists living together in a house. After a few first drafts, it became apparent that the T portion of the show was clearly funnier, and then a conclusion was reached- instead of making a sitcom (that was, let’s face it, a rip off of every other machinima out there), let’s make a reality show, set in Counter-Strike.

Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists would live in a house together, performing challenges against one another. The characters would be both parodies of the typical reality show archetypes, as well as the archetypes of the kinds of nutty individuals you meet while playing CS. A list of characters was formed, and a pilot episode was written. The problem, though, was that Daniel, Nick, and Eddy all lived in separate places. The idea was dropped in early 2005, to be resumed at a later date.

After several more drafts, attempts at filming crappy pilot episodes (maybe one day they’ll be posted… but wow, they’re bad), and a few moves, all three members of Smooth Few Films found themselves back in Houston, with a script for a trailer that they were all reasonably happy with, but more importantly, several episodes that they were dying to make. The trailer was filmed and released in June 2007, and work began on The Leet World, as we know it.

This post was edited by twiiztedacer on Jul 28 2008 11:45am
Jul 28 2008 09:41pm
BUMP
Gold: 0.49
Jul 28 2008 09:50pm
Nope, im srry but i wouldnt waste 10mins to watch it. heck i didnt even read this page.
Jul 28 2008 10:42pm
Quote (brandon2424 @ Tue, Jul 29 2008, 04:50am)
Nope, im srry but i wouldnt waste 10mins to watch it. heck i didnt even read this page.

woot, it rulez, just watch one vid and you will watch the next one then all the videos its just funny and fun
yeah I'm talking about the episodes, not the short vids but they are fine

This post was edited by twiiztedacer on Jul 28 2008 10:42pm
Go Back To Counter-Strike Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll