d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Player Vs. Player Adi's Necromancer Gm Guide V.2.0
12327Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,230.11
Jun 26 2008 08:50am
Player vs. Player Adi's Necromancer GM Guide v. 2.00

Introduction:

A long time ago, I started playing this game we do all enjoy, Diablo II. I've tried a lot of chars, either in order to PvM (not anymore :]) or to PvP. 8 monthes ago, I decided to try and build up a Necromancer. Reason for this is that I had never made any serious Necromancer til yet. As you may not know, I do not PvM anymore. This Necromancer is therefore aimed to PvP. I've also been playing my Necromancer since there, and I swear that's the best PvP char I've ever played. Necromancers are very effective either in Public games or in 1v1's/TvTs. I'm still playing with my nec, and I felt like sharing my stuff with you guys.

You have to know that Necromancers are pretty much underrated. People think they have low life, low dmgs and, and no chance in 1 vs. X. That's bullshit. I'll show you how to set up your gear and your stats in order to rape kill your adversaries.

I'm the owner of the Necromancer Andariel on Europe SoftCore Non-Ladder for those who may know me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our goals:

Faster Cast Rate (FCR):

The faster cast rate is, for those who may not be aware of it, the thing that lets you attack faster or slowlyer. FCR works with breakpoints. There are 5 breakpoint frames available for Necromancers. The highest frame you will reach, they faster you will cast your spells.

Frame (BP) | FCR%

14-----------------9%
13-----------------30%
12-----------------48%
11-----------------75%
10-----------------125%

You will obviously need the 125% fcr breakpoint, which means the 10er frame. You would not be able to duel properly with a FCR of 75 or 48.
NB: You DO have to reach at least 125% FCR, you would not get the 10er frame if you had 124 or less FCR.

Faster Hit Recovery (FHR):

The faster hit recovery is, for those who may also not know, the thing that makes you able to escape from an attack. Without FHR, you stay stunned and your opponent keeps attacking until you die. Therefore, we'll need a pretty high FHR breakpoint.

Frame (BP) | FHR%

13-----------------0%
12-----------------5%
11-----------------10%
10-----------------16%
9-----------------26%
8-----------------39%
7-----------------56%
6-----------------86%
5-----------------152%
4-----------------377%

We will be using the 6er frame, which means 86% fhr. The 6er frame is most of the time enough, but you can switch to 152 % fhr vs. some opponents if you feel it's needed.

Block %:

My Necromancer is based on no-dexterity stating. Therfore, you will not reach the MaxBlock %. Without stating a single point in dexterity, I get 16 % block. No problem, you will compensate with DR (Damage Reduce) and higher life than MaxBlock Necromancers.

Base Stats:

Your Necromancer will start with the following stats:

Strengh: 15
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 15
Energy: 25
Life: 45
Mana: 25

The stat we will have to boost is _vitality_. Nothing else should be needed.

Each level gained will bring to your Necromancer the following stats:

Life: +1.5
Stamina: +1
Mana: +2

Each point you will put in vitality will give you +2 to life and +1 to stamina.

Final stats:

Strengh: 156 (enough strengh to wear spirit)
Dexterity: Should be around 110 (nothing)
Vitality: Should be around 580 (everything else)
Energy: Should be around 65 (nothing)

Skill trees:

Summoning spells:

Clay Golem: 1
Golem Mastery: 1
Summon Resist: 1

Poison and Bones spells:

Teeth: 20

Corpse Explosion: 1
Bone Spear: 20
Bone spirit: 20
Bone armor: 1
Bone wall: 20
Bone Prison: 20

Curses:

Amplify Damage: 1

Equipment:

Helms:

Harlequin Crest Shako:

Defense: 98-141 (varies)
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Durability: 12
+2 To All Skills
+ (1.5 Per Character Level) 1-148 To Life (Based On Character Level)
+ (1.5 Per Character Level) 1-148 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
Damage Reduced By 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 To All Attributes

Shako will be socketed with either Jah or Lo (Best is to have both). Reason why I use Shako: Brings 2 skills, a lot of life and mana. Pretty useful when you're duelling non-physical characters.

Crown of Ages:

Defense: 349-399 (Base Defense: 111-165)
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2) (varies)
Indestructible
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Your CoA should be socketed with 1 ber and one jewel that has 7 fhr(optional, you can replace the 7 fhr on jewel by a 5% fhr sc.) and -15 req. Furthermore, CoA brings All res and 1 skill, which is pretty useful when you're playing TvT's. CoA will be your main helmet for public games and TvT's (Unless there are no physical charcaters in game). Not to mention CoAmancers are cute :]

Necromancer Circlet:
Stats your circlet should use:

2 to Necromancer Skills
20% Faster cast Rate
30% Faster run/walk
As much life as possible
As much mana as possible
2 socks

You would use such a circlet when you're dueling another Necromancer.(Explained later why you will need those stats)

Armor:

Enigma:

+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+750-775 Defense (varies)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0-74 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

The only armor you will need to have is Enigma. Unless you're playing in some european leagues, you will need to teleport. Plus, Enigma brings 8% DR and high strengh, which will be very useful for you to wear spirit wink.gif

Weapons:

Heart of the oak (HOTO):

+3 To All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage To Demons
+100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage, 3 sec. Duration (Normal)
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+10 To Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)

HOTO will be your main weapon. No wonders why, stats are just too good for you not to use such a weapon.

Wizard's Spike:

One-Hand Damage: 23 to 49 (36 Avg)
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 38
Required Dexterity: 75
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+ (2 Per Character Level) 2-198 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
50% Faster Cast Rate
Regenerate Mana 15%
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +75
Indestructible

You will use Wizardspike when you're needing more than fcr than what you have with hoto, and also for the nice Resistances it gives. WizardSpike is very useful when dueling Elemental chars (such as sorceresses), because it lets you stack the elements pretty easy.

White:

Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
+10 To Vitality
+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Magic Damage Reduced By 4
20% Faster Cast Rate
+13 To Mana

Stats you are trying to use on your white: +8 to BoneSpear, +1 to either Revives or Lower Resistances. Why? Revives will be very useful when you will need to get some bodyguards. Having this skill on your white makes you free, not to skill this aptitude, and therefore will save you some skill points. It's the same for Lower Resistances: Will help your team A LOT when you're in TvT's.

Call to Arms:

+1 To All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+250-290% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2-6 To Battle Command (varies)*
+1-6 To Battle Orders (varies)*
+1-4 To Battle Cry (varies)*
Prevent Monster Heal
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Try to get a +6 to BO CtA wink.gif

Gloves and Boots:

BloodFists: Reason is pretty obvious: 30% Fhr, 40 life. Use them when you're using a non-dr setup, combined with Shako and Arachnid's Mesh.

Trang Gloves: TO Gloves will bring you 20% Fcr. Use them when you are on your DR setup, combined with CoA and Bugbelt.

Waterwalks: 20% Frw, 65 Life. Perfect boots.

Hotspurs: Excellent boots that bring you 15% to Max Fire Resists, and 40% Fire resists. Use them incase you're facing a Fire sorc ~~

Shield:

Spirit Shield:

+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Nothing to explain, skills, Fcr, Fhr, Mana and resists. Perfect

Belts:

Siggard's 'BugBelt' Stealth

Defense: 56
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 50
Durability: 14
16 Boxes
1 to all skills
10% Increased Attack Speed
Piercing Attack
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
5% Life Stolen per Hit
15 to Strength
25 to Dexterity
All resistances +20
Damage Reduces 20%
+2 to Mana After each Kill
-3 Light Radius

Main belt, helps you not to waste any point into strength, also brings you 1 skill, and high DR. No doubt.

Amulet:

Crafted one with such stats:
2 to Necromancer skills
20% Faster cast Rate
High Life
High Mana
All Resistances

Rings:

Rare one with such stats:
10% Faster cast rate
15 Strengh
40 Life
All Resistances
Mana
Life Replenish

Stone of Jordan
Bul-Khato's
Raven(in order to absorb cold)
Wisp(in order to absorb light)
Dwarf Star (in order to absorb fire)

Inventory:

20/20 Necromancer Torch
20/20/x Annihilus
9 x 45 P&B Skillers with as much life as you can afford
10 x 20 to Life 5 to all resistances (if you can afford, else try to get 19/5's or 18/5's)

Setups:

DR Setup: CoA / Enigma / Spirit Shield / Hoto / TO Gloves / Waterwalks, Hotspurs / BugBelt / 1 fcr Ring

Dueling Part :]:

Sorceress:

Fire [Medium/Hard]: Wear on Hotspurs (and Dwarf Star if you want to bm). Es Sorcs with high stats will be almost unbeatble if well played. You won't be able to tank them. Best is to try to trap her into your bone spirits. Spam spirits, be patient.

Cold [Medium/hard]: Wear on Raven. Blizzards will put you down in 3/4 shots. Avoid them. Tele around the sorc, avoid her blizzards/ibs and spam spirits around her. As soon as she has low life and teles away, lock her and finish her.

Light [Medium/hard]: Wear on Wisp. DON'T GET LIGHT'D. Long duel, be patient, avoid the lightnings. Can't say much.

Amazon:

Bowazon [Easy-Medium]: You will have to play very offensive. Spam some ib's in her direction, tele as fast as possible next to her (without getting hitted by strafes), and lock her with spears. If you do well, she'll try to flee via desynch. Jump her, spam 3-4 spears on her, re-jump her. Do this until she dies. /!\ DO NOT FORGET TO RECAST YOUR GOLEM AND YOUR PRISON ARMOR /!\

Javazon [Easy]: Tele, kill her. Nothing else to say..

Barbarians:

WWBarb [Easy/Hard]: Remember you have NO BLOCK. Don't get caught, spam some spirits, and try to catch the Barb in some kind of circlet you'd do with your spirits, you can also namelock him when he has low life, and to finish him with spears. It's also all about the timing. As soon as you see that the barb is locking you, and right before he jumps you to ww you, tele 1/2 screen away, so that the spirits/spears you casted can everntually hit him. You may also have some time to cast some more spears. Don't get caught in his WW's :]

Paladins:

Hammerdin [Easy]: Wear on Max life setup. Hammerdins should really be easy if you're playing your necromancer well. You wil have to use the walk style, which means that as soon as the hdin locks you, instead of trying to teleport away, do some walking, and you will easily get out of his hammer field. Take care though, 2-3 hammers and you're down ^^ Note: You can also use the walk-style versus tele hammerdins. Instead of teleporting 24/7, (do some running steps) so that he can't lock you. Works pretty well.

Smiter [Easy]: Easy duel, tele, spear him, avoid his namelocks, kill him. Not much to tell.

Druids:

Wind: [Medium-Hard]: Wear on a Raven: Raven will be useful just for the Can't be Frozen mod. Spam teeths, destroy his zoo, as soon as he teles away to recast, lock him with spear, tele on him and shot him up with spears. You will probably have to repeat these steps several times. Be patient, don't be TOO offensive, else he will understand your tactics pretty easily, and will cast north-nados instead of recasting his zoo, which will bring you down smile.gif Good druids won't let you time enough to kill them. Be skilled or be dead. Note: You can also switch to a 152% Fhr setup, which will help you to avoid the nados a little more than with 86% fhr. In order to reach 152% fhr, you should use this setup: CoA (30% fhr), Spirit sword (55% fhr), Spirit shield (55% fhr), 1 p&b skiller with 12% fhr, BB, TO gloves, 2/20 amu, 2 x Fcr rings. ( You can also swap your boots to Aldur's boots, for the +40% fr/w they bring. Walk/Run style is also pretty great when facing druids.

Wolf: [Easy]: Tele around him, kill him. Easy food

Assassins:

WWsin [Medium]: Don't get caught into her whirlwinds. Use teeths to kill the shadow master, which is a pretty nice shield for the assasin. Use both teeth and spear mainly. Try as much as you can to avoid her stuns, or you will probably not leave the melee fight alive.

Trapsin [Hard]: Wear on Wisp. Spam spirits around her, don't get caught in his Mindblast, kill her. Note: Some trapsins are really really REALLY hard to duel. I've met some so far on Europe and I couldn't stand a chance. Incase the assa is a defwhore, spam ibs in her direction. She won't hunt you down, so why would you bother chasing you?.. If you're facing some offensive assa, it's all about the timing. You will have to cast as much spears as you can, right before the lightning sentries hit you (and the mindblast also...). If you get caught into her MB, try not to panic, walk away, and tele when you feel you have a free second.

Hybsin [Hard]: Wear on Wisp. Very hard opponent: Powerful light damages and also nice melee. Play defensive, switch between spear spirit and teeths.

Necromancers (most funny part):

NvN (Necromancer vs. Necromancer): The most funny part of playing a Necromancer. Usually, both necs will use spear only. Your aim is to cast some spears in his direction. As soon as you can, lock him, and spam spears on him. Don't forget to use this walkstyle as soon as he shots spears on you, instead of teleing or standing still. Won't say more, you'll have to get experience by yourself. Probably the most interesting mirror duel. Enjoy!

That's all, I hope you enjoyed reading it, I hope this will bring you another point of view on Necromancers.
I'd like you to excuse me for my english, i'm sure there are several mistakes in my guide.
I'd also like to thank my friends, and the whole PvP-Europe section, they know who they are wink.gif
Special thanks to Adz who gave me some very useful tips.

Adi / fdp/ *Necr0mancer

This post was edited by fdp on Jun 26 2008 09:15am
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 26 2008 08:54am
Nice one, if I were to return to D2 I'd get myself access to a nec. Kinda cool class.
Banned
Gold: 0.10
Warn: 40%
Jun 26 2008 08:57am
dno why you dont use coa ber cham bb dual spirit and a fhr sk vs druids etc
or no mentioning of running vs druids either

This post was edited by 1945maryn on Jun 26 2008 08:59am
Banned
Gold: 0.70
Jun 26 2008 09:00am
it's a nice guide m8!
Gold: 3.33
Jun 26 2008 09:03am
Quote (1945maryn @ Thu, Jun 26 2008, 02:57pm)
or no mentioning of running vs druids either

he doesn't want 172 str or w/e ammt it is

Nice guide, but how about a legit option to replace bugbelt?
Gold: 246.11
Jun 26 2008 09:04am
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=19002113&f=87 - better guide for 1v1 nec imo.

and running vs druid is very pr0 ;D

3pb, 20fcr, 2soc berber > coa imo too ;D

and who do u need bloodfist vs for 1v1 build ;D

This post was edited by Deeben on Jun 26 2008 09:06am
Gold: 53.01
Jun 26 2008 09:04am
Quote (1945maryn @ Thu, Jun 26 2008, 02:57pm)

Exactly, that's the only part i was going to ''cry'' about.
I'd use that as well.

But still, godly guide, adi.
And it's not just a guide, you can really play your nec!
Banned
Jun 26 2008 09:07am
Quote (Yankzfan @ Thu, Jun 26 2008, 03:03pm)
<DIV class="quote1">Quote (1945maryn @Thu, Jun 26 2008, 02:57pm)</DIV><DIV class="quote2">dno why you dont use coa ber cham bb dual spirit and a fhr sk vs druids etc
or no mentioning of running vs druids either</DIV>

he doesn't want 172 str or w/e ammt it is

Nice guide, but how about a legit option to replace bugbelt?
174 str is easy to get with bb

Gold: 4,230.11
Jun 26 2008 09:10am
Quote (Deeben @ Thu, 26 Jun 2008, 16:04)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=19002113&f=87 - better guide for 1v1 nec imo.

and running vs druid is very pr0 ;D

3pb, 20fcr, 2soc berber > coa imo too ;D

and who do u need bloodfist vs for 1v1 build ;D

i'm using bloodfists when i'm duelling a non-physical character.

I don't need DR, and therefore replace CoA with shako, bugbelt with arach and TO gloves with bloods. and I reach the 86% fhr bp again.

Thank you at others for comments.

[whoever is on this acc, i'm lost, thought it was adde's ^^], you're right, forgot to mention the possibility of using 152 fhr vs druids. editing it right now.

This post was edited by fdp on Jun 26 2008 09:16am
Banned
Jun 26 2008 09:11am
not maryn im hanz schmit
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12327Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll