d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > New Melee Build Guide > No More Crying Please, Created By Shanks
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.55
Jun 2 2008 11:02pm
welcome every body and welcome to my guide
i am tierd of people complaining about the new update that dex has been nerfed and stuff so i am here to show you that melee isnt completely raped and will be funner now cause you gotta try new builds
well let me get started

what is melee?: melee is a charater that uses weapons such as axes, clubs, swords, daggers they are charaters that have alot of life, do mass damage, and have high defence, that can also use life steal.

ADVANTAGES OF MELEE: advantages of melee are that they can level up realy fast with the right gear, they have alot of life and defence to tank out mobs and survive for a long time, they can use most armors depending on what charater you picked

DISAVANTAGES OF MELEE: disavantages of melee, is that you need good weapons to do enough damage to kill monsters, they have higher regan on life

OK LETS GET STARTED ON HOW TO BUILD THE NEW MELEE CHARATERS!!!

OK now that dex has been nerfed *this means it doesnt work like how it used to*
it is up to strength to be the BIG DOG NOW!! like how it should be

ok well lets get started.

I am going to show 2 differnt ways to build this charater that will work out, you melee charaters will see

ok im going to start off with the pure strength build.

frist we got the STRONG
level: 1
frist 10 points into strength

level 2 to level 71++
all strength (to add higher damage)

AND second we got the SURVIVOR

level 1: frist 10 points into vitality

level 2 to 71++ rest strength

AND thrid we got the TANKER

level 1:
frist 10 points into vitality

level 2 to 6
all points into vitality

level 6 to 71++ rest strength

OK NOW WE ARE DONE WITH THE BUILDS OF A MELEE CHARATER LETS GET STARTED WITH THE GEAR

ok now that dex has been nerfed and there isnt that many critical hits no more its time to change up weapons and armor and charms, we will be looking for a new seletection of iteams.

WEAPON:
axes = constint damage
clubs = alright middle damage, high max hit
sword = low ass damage, high ass max hit
daggers = constint damage

ok we are mostly looking for axes sence they are 100% best for strength builds
you will be looking for as high enchanted effect on a axe as you can get
with these other mods.

MODS: ENCHANTED EFFECT *more damage*, STRENGTH *more damage* , DEXERITY *faster attack speed / higher defence vs critical hits, a small chance to critical hit sence its been nerfed, LIFE STEAL, VITIALY, MAX LIFE

ARMOR:
PLATE MAILS = highest defence
CHAIN MAILS = alright high defence
SCALE ARMOR: = medium defence
ROBES: = woah !!! no defence at all here

basicly mods you will be looking for on armor will be stuff like this

ENCHANTED EFFECT, MAX LIFE, STRENGTH, VITIALY, LIFE STEAL, DEXERITY

CHARM:
basicly with a charm it will be same thing as your armor
MAX LIFE, STRENGTH, VITIALY, LIFE STEAL, DEXERITY

OK HERE IS MY VERY LAST TIP DEXERITY IS NERFED , I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH SO THAT MEANS ALL MELEE MOBS // WELLS MOBS WILL HAVE LOWER CRITICAL DAMAGE SO GUESS WHAT? THE MORE DEFENCE ON YOUR ARMOR THE BETTER YOU WILL LIVE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PROTECT SO MUCH DAMAGE NOW FROM MOBS // WELL BOSSES ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY
IF YOU PEOPLE WOULD HAVE THOUGH OF THIS FRIST INSTED OF COMPLAINING ABOUT UGHH WHERE IS MY CRITICAL HITS
YOU WOULDNT HAVE MIND THE UPDATE.

thank you every body for reading my guide.
please do not spam!!! sence i am paying 10 fg for this topic title
BUT DO POST HOW YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

thank you.
xshanksx

THANK YOU FOR READING MY GUIDE ON MELEE CHARATERS I HOPE THIS HELPS OUT EVERY BODY
Banned
Gold: 9.53
Warn: 10%
Jun 2 2008 11:04pm
This works if you have insanely high ee weapons to carry you through, otherwise you're no better off.
Gold: 3.55
Jun 2 2008 11:36pm
Quote (Crazy_Mizfit @ Mon, Jun 2 2008, 09:04pm)
This works if you have insanely high ee weapons to carry you through, otherwise you're no better off.

not true, build a charater with pure strength or any of the other methods i say, and try to get the mods i would recomand and i gurenteed you will be over 100% fine even vs well bosses

REMEMBER BOYS AND GIRLS: FOR MELEE, DEFENCE / DAMAGE / LIFE STEAL IS THE NEW KING, NOT DEX / DAMAGE / LIFE STEAL
Gold: 19,597.59
Jun 2 2008 11:41pm
hhmm. i did fine from level 10 up goin pure dex (some str on charm) and at 40 i have high def/LS which you propose is the new king (always was in my opinion, but you are right regardless). was this nerfage implemented at the same time as the multi item drops/mcc or after? (havent played in two days).
Gold: 180.29
Jun 2 2008 11:41pm
Quote (xshanksx @ Tue, Jun 3 2008, 01:02am)
welcome every body and welcome to my guide
i am (tired) of people complaining about the new update that dex has been nerfed and stuff so i am here to show you that melee isnt completely raped and will be (more fun) now cause you gotta try new builds
well let me get started

looks good so far, but a few spelling errors that you will want to fix up if you want this to get stickied in the future (check these parenthesis in your quote)

funner is not a word, but "more fun" is correct

Quote (Crazy_Mizfit @ Tue, Jun 3 2008, 01:04am)

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE, you are being a total DISGRACE to this community with your bitching

This post was edited by dpaules on Jun 2 2008 11:43pm
Gold: 6,376.70
Jun 2 2008 11:46pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Mon, Jun 2 2008, 10:41pm)
hhmm. i did fine from level 10 up goin pure dex (some str on charm) and at 40 i have high def/LS which you propose is the new king (always was in my opinion, but you are right regardless). was this nerfage implemented at the same time as the multi item drops/mcc or after? (havent played in two days).

New update. This morning.
Banned
Gold: 9.53
Warn: 10%
Jun 2 2008 11:48pm
Quote (dpaules @ Tue, Jun 3 2008, 01:41am)
STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE, you are being a total DISGRACE to this community with your bitching

Faggot.

This community is a disgrace anyways.

This post was edited by Crazy_Mizfit on Jun 2 2008 11:48pm
Gold: 40.00
Jun 3 2008 12:06am
hmm i knew that
Gold: 685.21
Trader: Trusted
Jun 3 2008 12:07am
Quote (Crazy_Mizfit @ Mon, Jun 2 2008, 09:48pm)
Faggot.

This community is a disgrace anyways.

chill out dude , breathe please.

Gold: 680.08
Jun 3 2008 12:21am
im a little lost
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll