d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Myaddiction's Financial Guide
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.50
May 25 2008 10:12pm
The following guide is made for your benefit. It may be controversial, but it is still very accurate. If you see an error please pm me.

Index
[1]Introduction
[2]Basics
[3]Rules
[4]How to Price Check
[5]Muteables
[6]Trade Methods

Section 1
Introduction:
This guide will show both the beginner and the amateur ladder slasher player how to maximize their profit. You will learn which items are worth fg that you would have passed up before. You will also learn sale methods for the beginner and amateur slasher. I hope this helped; as it has taken me a very long time to make it. wink.gif - Cody

Everything on this guide will sell for 5 or more fg. Nothing below 5 fg value has been listed. Please note Hardcore items are more valuable. Some muteables at lower lvls than listed are sellable. Just make sure you use the Price Check method and you should be fine.

Section 2
The Basics:
This section will show you what to keep on these items if they have the follow stats or higher, no matter what level. They must have at least one of the stats listed.

Weapon:
- Enhanced Effect: 30%
- Strength: 30
- Intelligence: 15
- Mana per Combat Round: 13
- Mind Numb: 8%
- Magic Luck: 3
- Life per Kill: 50
- Mana per Kill: 40
- Max mana: 800
- Magic Regen: 3
- Life Regen: 3
- Extra Item Slots: 3

Armor:
- Enhanced Effect: 75%
- Strength: 15
- Dexterity: 15
- Mana per Combat Round: 13
- Life per Combat Round: 15
- Mana per Kill: 40
- Life Steal: 6%
- Max Life: 800
- Max Mana: 800

Charm:
- Enhanced Effect: 75%
- Strength: 15
- Dexterity: 15
- Life per Combat Round: 15
- Life Steal: 6%
- Max Life: 800

Section 3
Rules to Trading:
- How to Trade Successfully - RewTheBrave
- Follow the bump rule. You can bump your topic every 4 hours. It will show at the bottom of the page how long you have to wait until your next bump.
- Only three trade threads on the first page. I advise you to make condensed trade lists, unless there are multiple godlies you are trading.
- Be sure to have good manners. People will notice this and remember it in the future.
- DL=Deadline/time limit BIN=Buy it now. Its always good to have on in your thread. If you don't know what to set them at then pm me if you would like. Most people who are active in the Ladder Slasher forum would be willing to help as well.

Section 4
Price Checking:
1) Look at the item you have/want and figure out the main stat and the level requirement.
2) Open the market place and put the level and main stat into the boxes. Click search and move on to the next step.
3) Look at other items that are on the market place and find their prices. Compare their level requirement, stats, and price compared to your item. (If there isn't anything up, try to lower the lvl by 5 and the main stat by just a little bit).
4) Now if it has ANY of the stats in Section 1 raise the price a little bit. If it has more then one, continue to boost the price. If it is a very reliable stat that is a side mod, then pm an experienced slasher.
5) Use the following chart to determine how many characters can use it. Remember, the more characters that can use it, the higher the demand will be. At the end of every column it shows the % of characters that can use it.

Code
Character                --- Weapons ---             |               --- Armors ---
Class                                                |          Leather  Scale    Chain   Plate
            Swords  Axes  Clubs  Daggers  Staffs  |  Robes   Armors   Armors   Mails   Mails
Barbarian      Yes     Yes   Yes    -        -       |  Yes     Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
Fighter        Yes     Yes   Yes    -        -       |  Yes     Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
Rogue          Yes     Yes   Yes    Yes      Yes     |  Yes     Yes       Yes      -        -
Magician       -       -     -      Yes      Yes     |  Yes     -         -        -        -
Samurai        Yes     -     -      Yes      -       |  Yes     Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
Paladin        Yes     Yes   Yes    -        -       |  Yes     Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
Monk           -       -     -      Yes      Yes     |  Yes     -         -        -        -
Ninja          Yes     -     -      Yes      -       |  Yes     -         -        -        -
Warlock        -       -     -      -        Yes     |  Yes     -         -        -        -
HeadHunter     -       Yes   -      -        -       |  Yes     Yes       Yes      -        -
Alchemist      -       -     -      -        -       |  Yes     -         -        -        -
            ____+_______+_____+______+________+___|_______+______+_________+_________+________+
Totals         6/11    5/11  4/11   5/11     4/11    |  11/11   6/11      6/11      4/11     4/11
            54%     45%   36%    45%      36%     |  100%    54%       54%       36%      36%

Ex: Level 30 Dagger 100% EE could for anything from 600-1000. Add a hefty Life per Kill, Life Steal, or another reliable melee stat and it could be worth 1500-2000.

[Items that are unspawnable cannot be price checked. These require a topic to determine the price to throw it up on the market place for.]

Here is a walk through. I will be using this item for this example:
Rare tempered diamond axe
Level Req: 45
Damage: 121 to 145

+62% Enhanced Effect
+3% Block

1) The main stat on this item is 62% Enhanced Effect, and you must be level 45 to use it.
2) I put Level requirement 40-45 and Enhanced Effect: 60%
3) There is a 40 Axe with 60% EE for 150 fg. There is also a 45 Axe with 70% EE for 400 fg. I would be able to sell this for about 175-350 fg.
4) It doesn't have any useful mods.
5) Axes can be used by 45% of the classes. The demand for this item will be high as most melee characters can use it. However we have compared our prices with Axes as well. Therefore there is no need to adjust our price.

Section 5
Muteables:
Muteable are the most passed up items that are worth forum gold. Most beginners will see it as crap statistics and simply pass it up. Here I will show you how to determine if a muteable is worth selling. Again everything listed here will be able to get at least 5 fg.

What is a muteable?
A muteable is an item that can be fused together with an item with the same level requirement and item type to create new stats.

The following is a list of the magic levels that can spawn on the item. The lower on the list = rare; therefore worth more fg.
    Magical
    Rare
    Mystical
    Angelic
    Mythical
    Arcane
    Legendary
    Godly
    Epic
    Relic
    Artifact
    Unique
Now here is what to keep:

Weapon's & Armor's:
Lvl 15: Mythical or higher
Lvl 20: Angelic or higher
Lvl 25: Mystical or higher
Lvl 30: Mystical or higher
Lvl 35: Rare or higher
Lvl 40 & Up: Magical or higher

Charm:
Lvl 10: Mythical or higher
Lvl 15: Angelic or higher
Lvl 20: Mystical or higher
Lvl 25: Mystical or higher
Lvl 30: Mystical or higher
Lvl 35: Rare or higher
Lvl 40 & Up: Magical or higher

To determine the price of these simply use the Price Check method. Make sure you put the magic level in the description of the item before you search. Remember to look at the chart that shows who can use what. If lots of characters can use it, there will be a high demand for it.

[The stats on muteables do not matter. They will be mixed up with random stats once they are muted together, and the prestats do not effect the muteable.]

Section 6
Trade Methods
When using the market place you have all the freedom in the world. You can put an item up for as high as you want (as long as you can pay the fee) or as low as you want. However this does not mean the price will be appropriate.

The Quick Sale Method:
- Use the Price Check method to get the basic idea on what to put the price as.
- Undercut the market's price by at least 10%. Everyday that it does not sell, decrease it by another 5-10%.

The Profit Method:
- Use the Price Check method to get the basic idea on what to put the price as.
- Make a thread in the appropriate trading forum.
- Set a bin (the maximum you can get). Also set a DL. A DL is usually the minimum of what you can get.
- Don't be impatient, keep bumping the thread every four hours and eventually someone will buy your item.

Credits:
The Creator: njaguar
Revisor: Animage
Teacher: InsaneBobb
ragnaroks Chart: Section 4
Quote (ragnaroks)
This guide is copyright © 2007-2008 by ragnaroks (d2jsp username). Feel free to pass (copy/paste) it around, if you wish to use it elsewhere, please ask my permission first. Just don`t sell it or take credit for any of my work expressed herein.

This post was edited by Balakai on May 26 2008 07:33am
Gold: 312.01
Trader: Trusted
May 25 2008 10:14pm
Wow -- very comprehensive! thumbsup.gif
Gold: 0.95
May 25 2008 10:15pm
nice guide
Gold: 2,840.00
May 25 2008 10:20pm
sticky please =)

This post was edited by Ughz on May 25 2008 10:20pm
Gold: 13,875.18
May 25 2008 10:24pm
Quote (Ughz @ Sun, May 25 2008, 11:20pm)
sticky please =)

very nice job Cody, this will help many , along with myself ^^
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2008 10:28pm
Very good job I must say.

In b4
Banned
Gold: 1,133.60
May 25 2008 10:29pm
Wow! Nice guide!!!
Gold: 5,247.85
May 25 2008 10:31pm
very nice. I would add that on hc, you can start selling mutables on mp from lvl 5+, for example a lvl 5 mythical item will always sell on mp within a few days if priced at 10-20fg.
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2008 10:36pm
Stick imo.
Gold: 22.50
May 25 2008 10:40pm
Quote (Surprise1 @ Mon, May 26 2008, 12:31am)
very nice. I would add that on hc, you can start selling mutables on mp from lvl 5+, for example a lvl 5 mythical item will always sell on mp within a few days if priced at 10-20fg.

Done, thanks.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll