d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Plague Bowazon 1.0.0 > Rare Dueler
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,013.80
Apr 19 2008 01:54pm
Introduction:

This is an amazon build that uses plague and bow for dueling. Those that don't like running while dueling can stop reading now. This is not a character that immediately destroys a pub and stands unchallenged, poison is slow and it needs a bit time to get through the oponents life but it's a fun char to duel with though. This build is also quite decent in PVM but obviusly not as good as pure lightning/bowazon (there aren't lightning+physical+poison immunes though) but if you want to PVM you should just make a hammerdin.

About pvp? If you're confident about you're skills.. You don't need to be afraid of anyone, no build is impossible to beat for you, but you're not unbeatable yourself either, you might be good but there is always someone better than you, no matter what char you're playing so learn to bend over. ;P

Stats:

Strenght - Enough for gear

Dexterity - Max block // as much as you want (well, since we're using bow.. someone might want to pump this, I only went for max block)

Vitality - Rest here

Energy - None

Skills:

- Javelin skills

*Poison java - max
*Lightning bolt - prerequisite
*Plague - max
*(OPTIONAL) Lightning fury - 1+ (I rather not put anything in here, lightning get's absorbed so easily these days, with tg's you get about 27 lf ~ 1k dmg which is enough to finish an opponent. unless you want to do some PVM'ing, but IMO lf provided by tg's still enough.)

- Bow skills

*Magic arrow - prerequisite
*Cold arrow - prerequisite
*Multiple shot - prerequisite (you can add more here if you want, it's helpful vs casters since it covers wider areas)
*Guided arrow - 1+ (Obviusly the more you pump here [or any other bow skill] the more dmg you do tongue.gif)

- Passive and magic skills

Balance the rest of your skills between:

*Critical strike
*Dodge
*Evade
*Avoid
*(OPTIONAL) Penetrate (AR, GA/plague doesn't need it but guess if you want to PVM with multi.. :/)
*(OPTIONAL) Pierce (if you're gona do pvm'ing, you will want this when using multi)

Gear:

- Helm
*Valkyrie wing socketed with 15%IAS + add jewel (+2 skills, FHR, FRW, IAS and what I'm using right now)
*Shako socketed with cham/ber/15%IAS + add jewel (DR, mana, life useful, socket it with whatever you need)
*Gozu rare +2 ama frw/ias+add circlet (I don't know about these, might be the better choise)

- Armor
*Bramble with highest poison% as you can afford (don't even consider anything else! no, you don't need tele if a necro uses prison on you, just multi/lf your way out)
*Coh (well if you can't afford bramble.. mainly for % all res and it add's dmg vs demons so if you go PVM'ing, you can wear this one)

- Weapon
*Titans (no need for eth, just a waste of FG IMO. It doesn't add to your poison dmg, just the physical one which will get blocked [not that you even aim towards anyone, short range with plague, will be discussed more in the dueling tips] and very cheap, anyone can afford them, you might even get them for free.)
*Thunderstroke (less useful with it's mod's. It'll boost your dmg if you're gona invest in LF. Can be pricey)
*Faith GMB
*Harmony (well, it has vigor so you can run faster.. but you'll be shooting arrows too slow [I've used one for a while])
*Ice (Holy freeze aura but you have to get pretty close to your target(s) = bad)
*CTA + spirit (you're gona have to go back 'n forth to your stash, I'm too lazy for that)

- Shield
*Sanctuary (%all res, FHR, block)
*JMOD -20/20 poison (boosts dmg a lot, you're gona miss the res though, expensive and monarch needs quite a lot stre)

- Amulet's + rings
*Highlord's Wrath (+1 skills, IAS, lightning resist)
*Rare/crafted +2 ama skills + IAS + add (I don't know about these either, might be the better choise)
*Raven + BK (everyone need's CBF, if someone say's BM, just put on another BK)
*Soj/manald+BK (life leech/mana if you wan't to PVM)
*Angelic's (AR? have fun PVM'ing)
*(OPTIONAL)Wisp's/raven's/dwarf's in stash (just incase someone tries to go BM)

-Belt

They are all good, use whatever you want.

*Thundergod's (stats, lightning fury, abs)
*Verdungo's (DR%, vitality, FHR)
*Bug belt (obviusly the best choise but not many can afford them)

- Gloves

*+3 java skills, 20%IAS
*Trang oul's (less dmg to poison than then one mentioned above but also doesn't add to poison's time)
*Rare IAS+knockback+add (if you want knockback while using bow.. don't know if there are any with +2 java skills)

- Boots
*Anything with lots of FRW+res%
*Waterwalks (stat's + life)
*Gore's (it might help with bow but I doubt it's usefulness, I might be wrong about this though so feel free to try)

- Skillers
Torch + Anni with best stats you can afford
9 x java skillers life/FRW/stats (whatever rocks your boat)
Rest with life+all res sc's/stat/FRW (again, whatever rocks your boat)

So, if we follow the gear in red, we manage to get about 95k plague dmg/20 sec, 111k poison java/94 sec, 1k+ LF, 2k+ GA (with 8FPS, that's fast enough for your average pub duelers) (LF/GA depend on how much you invest in them), 90%FHR (with shield, you shouldn't get yourself hit while using bow, you need a bit skill), max block, 90%FRW and quite decent res (I'm using a sanctuary with 55%all res, I was poor when I made it and now I'm just too lazy to get/make a new one, hell res = 45/35/73/75 (stacked poison and 0 all res sc's)).

You can tear down most of your opponent's life down to 1 quite fast.

Dueling tips
Not every opponent is like what I'm gona write here now. There are good player's out there who've learned how to handle whatever character comes against them, that's where you will aim, these are just some basic hint's, you'll eventually learn yourself to handle whatever you come across.. or be doomed to be the pub random, if you lack the skills, please delete, don't bring shame to poison java's please.

- Melee

VS paladin's/shaper's/frenzy/berserk/ect

Walk away from them (zealadins/smither's won't reach to hit you if their IAS is too slow since you can walk away quite fast), throw plague towards the way you're going/geting knocked back, if they go in, easier for you, just keep walking and occasionally throwing LF at them (if they still are onto you). If they dodge it, stop when you're inside the plague cloud (I asume they are going away from you, dodging the cloud) and quickly switch to bow and shoot some GA's (you probably don't have that much time to go bow, they will charge back to you fast!), repeat until they get poisoned/run to town/you die (well you do have awesome D/E/A but they aren't 100%).

Teleing ones are hard, you run instead of walking this time, they will reach you when they tele on you. make plague and run around inside it, use bow and shoot GA every now and then, when/if they get poisoned just keep running until their life is low enough so you can LF/throw another plague on them to kill.

VS WW barb's

Throw plague towards the way you think they might go to, luckily it will hit, if not, just walk in there. Stupid ones will just go after you inside the cloud. then it's easy, just stand and throw LF (if they are further away, ww'ing away from you, you can shoot some GA but becareful so that they won't get you with bow on!)

- Casters
Just use your bow, try avoid geting hit, the chances that they will tele/get hit with plague are very very low, since nowadays everyone just tele's somewhere and spam whatever they have towards you, hoping it'd hit (pub hammerdin's, sorcs, necros, whatever). Trap/hybrid assa's.. try to keep a plague cloud between you two and spawn GA/multi from the other side, run, plague, GA/MULTI, repeat.

VS wind druid's/summoner's

Throw plague and run towards it, they will most likely tele in there, easy way to get rid of summon's. (you probably won't get the other player with 1 plague, most likely will tele away to resummon), try throwing some LF to get rid of the summon's/stun the opponent while in the cloud if they are slow.

VS FOH/hammer

Foh's is quite hard but not impossible, be offensive. Run to them and plague, if they run away then it's your oportunity. Name lock and spam GA, when he's stopping and turning around (and it seems that the arrow's just won't interrupt him/keep him blocking), run to them and plague! (and pray you dodge/evade it). Good foh's will charge you, you have to switch fast black and throw plague behind you (he will most likely knock you back) and luckily he'll get poisoned.
Those that charge around you and foh.. just spam GA and hope you'll dodge atleast one FOH. When they stop to FOH again/charge towards you, they will get hit by many GA's and get interrupted, hopefully (most likely not, probably will drop half hp) they will die, if not, just keep spamming more.

Just throw plague towards the hammer, spam GA if you got some random hammers flying between you and him.

That's 'bout it, I know it's not perfect, probably could work more with the bow side but that's why it's 1.0.0 (and I got really tired while writing the duel strategies, you can notice it specially on the hammer tips and somewhere where I've fixed stuff lol). The guide might be updated later.

Let's hear some comment's, I hope it get's stickied since there aren't any plague/bow guide's in there.

This post was edited by Spurgu on Apr 19 2008 02:02pm
Gold: 1,649.01
Apr 19 2008 01:57pm
Sounds quite nice smile.gif
Gold: 3.00
Apr 19 2008 01:59pm
Dude excellent guide, I was one of the few people on useasscl last ladder with one of these, miss her, very fun character!
Apr 19 2008 04:04pm
it's a fun character, I remember when I made one about year ago and barely had 24k dmg biggrin.gif it sucked pvm but somehow it was qutie good in pvp back then already.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2008 04:07pm
Hmm sounds interesting

Valkyrie wing socketed with 15%IAS + add jewel (+2 skills, FHR, FRW, IAS and what I'm using right now)

These are underrated in my opinion
yeah it's common and cheap but all the mods there are very useful for zons biggrin.gif
Apr 19 2008 04:10pm
Another suggestion if you wanna have some giggles is to throw on a dream helm, and let holy shock deal the last 1 damage

you dont have to risk throwing/ shooting and arrow that way

just a suggestion ^^
Gold: 14,050.05
Apr 19 2008 04:14pm
Quote (Arkbound @ Sat, Apr 19 2008, 05:10pm)
Another suggestion if you wanna have some giggles is to throw on a dream helm, and let holy shock deal the last 1 damage

you dont have to risk throwing/ shooting and arrow that way

just a suggestion ^^

If somebody is wearing even a tgods you will heal them
Apr 19 2008 04:16pm
Quote (VickIsSick07 @ Sat, Apr 19 2008, 06:14pm)
If somebody is wearing even a tgods you will heal them

Heal them much? No not really. If they do get healed, then take the risk of turning around

Its just for a bit of extra fun/gloating power, might as well have some fun lol
Apr 19 2008 04:26pm
maybe dragon? it doesn't get abs'd that (most people don't have hotspurs/dual dwarf's so it might even work biggrin.gif) often but then again you'd lose the mod's from the valk and I think the bow's fpa would raise by 1 and would be under 86%FHR, which is not good. :X

This post was edited by Spurgu on Apr 19 2008 04:27pm
Gold: 3.00
Apr 19 2008 04:46pm
Good fun is ww barbs killing themselves on your thorns for their last few hit points.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll