d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Pvp Pro Nb Elemental-druid By Version 2.0 > By Incestic
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 19 2008 01:43pm
1.11 PvP Pro Nonblock Elemental-Druid Version 2.0
- By Incestic

Menu:

#1: Intro
#2: Why to make an Elemental druid
#3: Skills
#4: Stats
#5: Equipment
#6: Breakpoints
#7: Duelling
#8: Explaination
#9: My druid

Please read the full guide before you comment, else don't make comments! - Especially check the #8 explanation, it might explain you alot!

#1 - Intro

Allright now, here I'd like to welcome you to my great PvP Elemental druid Guide! - I've made this guide, mostly because I have nothing else to do, and all the other guys I read suck totally! - I think it's fair that you guys finally get a real PvP Druid!

First of all: If you cannot afford this druid, don't make a halfway soloution, because it simply won't fit, and without the right lvl / stats / equipment, the druid might suck comepletely!

Secondly: This druid is a: STYLE-DRUID, which means I bought perf Items for my druid! - So what is written above this doesn't mean you have to buy perf items like me, just because I'm an itemlamer! - So don't worry...

Btw. please notice that the word ZOO: means either the grizzly + oak + ravens, or wolves + oak + ravens!

#2 - Why to make an Elemental druid?

If you're seeking a fine combination of caster / melee char you should choose the Elemental druid! - An elemental druid is quite usefull against most chars, and I'll have to admit that he's my favorite char of them all! - He might get borring sometime, but I think when it comes to an end, the Elemental Druid is the most funny char, I've tried, since I've had this charector for 9 months now, without considering to sell him!

Elemental druids has a lot of life, and they have to tele close to the enemy when attacking, which is why i'm comparing them to Melee chars! - Secondly They are allowed to tele quite fast, and, as the name explains, they're using elemental skills to defeat their enemies! - If your used to sorcs you should consider to make another char, because Elemental druid are not like those charectors. It doesn't have a long range shooting opportunity, so I think the best char to compare to the elemental druid is a Necromancer! - It's quite the same tactics! - If you're used to playing melee's and Casters, the eledruid would fit you perfect!

#3 - Skills

1* Artic Blast
20* Cyclone armor
20* Twister
20* Tornado
20* Hurricane
20* Oak sage
1* Raven
1* spirit wolf
1* dire wolf
1* Grizzly

#4 - Stats

Strenght - None

Dexterity - None

Vitality - Full

Energy - None

#5 - Equipment
I'll just post the equipment I use!

Base Equipment:
  • Weapon - Eth Suicide Branch wand: 20/15'ed
  • Shield - Spirit Monarch 35 fcr / 112 mana / 15 ed / 15 dura / 8 abs
  • Armor - Enigma Mp 15/15/775
  • Helmet - Circ; 2 druid / 20 fcr / 87 life / 10 rep life / 35 cold res (socked perf ruby)
  • Helmet#2 - Circ; 2 druid / 20 fcr / 40 fire res / 8 life / 5 eng / BerBer (however this should be in stash)
  • Belt - Bugbelt
  • Gloves - To gloves 74 Def
  • Boots - Eth Sands 15/15 / 70
  • Amu - 2 druid / 20 fcr / 41 life / 6 dexterity
  • Ring#1 - 10 fcr / 18 strenght / 32 life / 11 @ resistance
  • Ring#2 - 10 fcr / 53 life / 11 strenght / 6 @ resistance

Switch:
  • Cta Crystal sword - 6/6/4
  • Etheral spirit monarch

Inventory:
  • Druid Torch; 20/20
  • Anni; 20/20/10
  • 10* scs: 20 Life / 5 all res
  • 2* Gcs: Elemental skiller 12 fhr
  • 7* Gcs: Elemental skiller 45 Life
Stash:
  • Shako
  • Seraph's Amulet + 2 all sks
  • Thundergod's
  • Hotspur
  • Wizzy sock: 30 cold res jwl
  • Spirit Crystal sword 35 Fcr
  • Pelt: 2 druid / 3 Tornado / 10 fhr / 2 sock: BerBer
  • 2* Bk5's
  • Amu: 2 druid / 9 fcr / 60 life
  • 1* Gc: Elemental skiller 12 fhr
Mercenary:
  • Insight Eth Cv - lvl 17 aura
  • Leviathan - 50 str / 25 % dr, Um'ed
  • Eth Gaze - 20 % dr / 8 LL, Ber'ed

#6 - Breakpoints

Faster Hit Recovery:

Frames: 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
Druid Human: 0 3 7 13 19 29 42 63 99 174 456

Faster Cast Rate:

Frames: 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10
Druid Human: 0 4 10 19 30 46 68 99 163

#7 - Duelling

Amazon's

When duelling Javelin amazon's you should change bugbelt with thundergod's, and against Bowamazon's you should change The circ with the 2 druid / 20 fcr / BerBer circ - Use 5 wolves / Oak
Note: Bowamazon's are quite awefull FFA, so take care of them if you're duelling more than 1v1!

Javelin Amazon

Duelling Javelin Amazon should be a quite easy duel for you! - Javelin amazon's have no chance against you since your great amount of fcr will outmatch they're fhr easy, which means they'll be stuck within your Tornados untill they die!
You're supposed to be teling around and not get hit by their Lightning fury, and then move closer ander closer to the ama, untill you get a chance to namelock her! - If she runs away follow her till she die! if your Zoo die before you've caught the ama you'll have to tele away and recast since they're only thing that abs except your cyclone armor, but without zoo your Cyclone will get destroyed easy and then your a freekill for the amazon!

Bow Amazon

When your enemy is a bowamazon you should do a little the same as against Java. - Tele around, get closer and closer, untill you get close enough to namelock her! - When you've cought her, chase her and make tornado's at her untill she dies!

If you loose Zoo while teling around her, tele away and recast zoo, they're your only defense against her guided arrows, though if you loose zoo while she's running after you cought her, u don't need to go for zoo since she probably won't get an opportunity to shoot at you, but if she does you're dead!

Assasin's

Against Trap-Assasin's you should use change bb with Thundergods, and against wwsins you should change The circ with; 2 druid / 20 fcr / BerBer!
Use 5 wolves / Oak against wwsin's, though Bear / Oak against Trapp

Note: If you get Mindblasted / stunned by any time, DO NOT TRY TO TELE, run out of it, YES RUN, and then when out of the area, tele away!

Trappers

Well duelling A trapsin is imo the hardest char! - They're lame, and they're hiding behind traps + lame Mb so it won't it ain't easy I can ensure you, however it's possible!

While duelling a trapsin it's important that you stay focused and does not rush her, else you won't stand a chance! - Play defensive and wait for her to attack! - Tele around her, and let her make some mindblast and let her traps do some shot's and ur wolves, so she get's the feeling ur havng trouble! - when ur Zoo is down tele a bit a way and recast zoo and Cyclone, then continue teling around her! - After a while the trapper get's Provocated enough to follow you, and when she follow's you and MAX 2 trap's in the area, tele on her and namelock her! - If she tries to escape, chase her like Inter did to Juventus in the Football match, however if she plants more than 2 trap's tele away, recast Zoo + cyclone and start over!

Wwsin's

Wwsin's are also quite a big challenge! - Against pure wwsin's you won't have any problems! - They're ww will defeat your wolves, and while the first ww does that, make some tornado's, when less than 3 wolves left, tele away, and recast!

Against Light / Ww u have bigger problems! - Again you'll have to be patient and wait for the wwsin to follow you, because when she does that she has no traps to defend her, and she's just as easy as the pure wwsin! - Though if you rush her, her traps will defeat your Zoo easy, and one ww through you will be enough to kick your but!

Against Firetrap / ww you have even bigger problems! - It's like a sea of stunning shit! - Actually it's just like the Light / ww! - Wait for her to follow you! - IF you get mindblasted or stunned by the fire, stop teling, and run out of the area of traps, and afterwards tele away!

Necromancer's

Against Necro's you should use the basebuild 100 % - Use 5 wolves / Oak

Pb nec's

PB Necro's aren't really a problem for eledruids! - It's not a problem to kill a Necromancer at all actually! - The only thing you have to do is to follow the necro whereever he goes! - Try to namelock him all the time, though since the necro has more fcr than you it could take quite along time, but be patient! - If he destroys you Zoo, tele away and recast, else you're doomed!

Psn Nec's

Against psn nec's you cannot loose! - The day you get killed by a psn necro, is the day you'll have to stop D2! - Psn necro's have to tele very close to you to make their psn nova! - Do not try to tele on them at the beginning, then they'll hit you, and flee like another newbie, no instead wait for them, and when they tele on you they get hit by hurricane, so make some tornados at them, and then they should be dead, though if they get away, chase them till they die!

Barb's

Against Barbs you should change ur circ with the: 2 druid / 20 fcr / BerBer circ - Use 5 wolves / oak

Note: If your wolves are close around you, the ww of the barb will have less effect on you, and high effect on wolves!

Tele barbs:

Well against Barbs Zoo is your life! - Without Zoo you're doomed, try it urself tongue.gif - When the barb is leaping don't get too close to him so that he can namelock him! - No, let him chase you, and when he teles at you, make alot of tornados, however it's VERY important that your wolves are close around you when he makes his ww on you, else you'll die, not the wolves! - When he ww'ed you, tele away, recast zoo, and the contiune that way!

Fortitude barbs

Against theese you are deffinately the favourite! - He cannot tele, so make him run your direction, and make tornados! - Against these it's actually quite important that either you or your Zoo get hit, since running barb's can controll the ww, so they can make small ww's on you, and even if you have your zoo you'll die! - But well if you keep teling away, making him run your direction, and make tornados at him it won't be a problem for you to namelock him, and take him out, when he's at low life!

Paladin's

Against Melee paladin's use the: 2 druid / 20 fcr / BerBer circ, else just use Basebuild! - Use 5 wolves / Oak

Note: All paladins are availeble to charge, so ensure that you always have zoo to block the charge!

Foh Paladins

This Charector is the most easy Charector you'll ever face! - Go namelock him! he won't hurt ya'!

Hammerdin-Paladin

Allright, these should be easy for you to handle, however there are some quite people quite Pro, playing those charectors! - Always ensure you have full Zoo when facing a hammerdin! - I usually use the 10 first seconds to make a fast namelock on the Hammerdin and make one tornado, to check if he has lot's of Dr% and life!

If he's a low lifer, tele away and recast zoo, then namelock him and 3 - 4 tornados will be enough to kill him!

If he's a Pro, and need more than 5 tornados you'll have to take him piece by peace! - I usually have a rule inside my head to make MAX 3 tornados, then tele away! - Well it might happen that u can handle it, and can stay there for longer but i won't take the risk, and actually it doesn't matter, because if you cannot kill him first time, tele away, recast zoo, and then just do the samething!

Now here's another thing! - When u're fleeing to recast zoo, the hammerdin might chase you! - don't stop up and, keep teling, and make some wolves when u can! - if you got more than 3 wolves and he's still chasing you, stop, make tornados, and when he namelocks u make MAX 2 tornados at him, and contiune fleeing! - This will make him stop chasing you, and now you can recast your Zoo without an annoying Hammerdin to follow you...

Smiter / Chargers

Well theese chars can be Very tough to deal with! - try not to get namelocked by him, so keep teling, and when you get an opportunity make some tornados! - If you see that he got namelocked you, tele away double lenght of the distance between you and him on the map when you can't see him, then his namelock will disappear!

If he hits ur Zoo, make some tornados at him, and though he might Lifetap at ur zoo, u have to recast it, else you're dead!

If he stands still (waiting for you to namelock him) - DO NOT namelock him!! - Instead tele close enough for your hurricane to hit him, then make some tornados, and when he attack ur wolves, which he will tele away, and make him follow you! - Now he might have namelock on one of your wolves, so turn around and give him a huge amount of tornados, which by the way will stun him!

Sorc's

Against firesorc use: Hotspur
Against Coldsorc use: Wizzy with cold res
Against Lightsorc use: Thundergod's

Against all use Bear / Oak (for knockback with bear)

Firesorc

Well firesorc's should be a big problem if you're using hotspur, though they're fb's can be deadly anyway! - Make sure ur oak / Bear is already alive when teling around! - Try to dodge the Fb's and when u can, namelock the sorc and spam Tornado! - If she get's away, recast Zoo / Cyclone, and do the same thing!
- biggest problem if it's a rly pro fb soso with 95 % es and huge amount of dmg/Mana, then u might get problems!

Light sorceress

Well first of all if she uses infi merc, go kill that! - It's a decise to all your animals / urself! - The sorc shoots fast, so when she shoots at yoo try to namelock her and make tornados! - This is maybe the easiest char for eledruid! - If she kills ur Zoo / Cyclone while teleing around her, tele away and recast ofc.!

Cold-Sorceress

Well with all ur cold resistance gear, her cold mastery doesn't effect her dmg! - This allows u to namelock a blizzer if she makes blizz on herself, so against blizzard sorc, just go for it! - rush her hard!

Against orb you'll have to be a bit more patient! - It's quite easy to tele after making an orb for a sorc, dodge the orb if it's possible, and wait namelocking her till she tele's, and then spam tornado on her! - Make sure u have cyclone / Oak / Bear, all the time!

Druid's

Against Elemental druid use: Pelt, Spirit Cs, Other druid amu, 2* Bk's, 3* sks 12 fhr
Against Shape druid use: Circ: 2 druid / 20 fcr / BerBer
Against both char's use; 5 wolves / Oak

Note: - If you're using wolves, the opposite druid might namelock them, instead of you!
Note#2: If you're stunned by his tornados, and wanna get away recasting, Run out of his tornados, don't tele!

Elemental druid

Allright! - Many druids doesn't like DvD! - They say that it has nothing to do with skills, and that it's about who plays most defensive!

It's not about luck, it's skills!
- First of all, If it's possible to take out his Oak, then do that, though do not risk loosing life on that!

- I've chosen an fhr / Life / Dmg build, Cuz I experienced that dmg / fhr / Life owns Fcr! - When ur going against a druid! don't rush him! - Tele Tactically around him, and make tornados in the direction of where he is! - Sometime you'll hit his Zoo, and when he tele's away to recast follow him, and try to kill him, however do not namelock him, cause he'll be ready for it!

If your standing in front of each other, teling around, shooting tornados and such, wait excactly till he teles another place, and then namelock him, and spam your tornados on him...! - In the beginning he might take you down a bit however when u've shot ur first tornado, he's down cause you got more fhr, and dmg so you'll match and kill him fast!

Wearbear / Wearwolf

Well these chars shouldn't be difficult at all either! - You'll have to tele in front of them, and make some tornados at their direction! - Continue doing that, untill they're very low, and then make the final namelock and kill him! - The enemy in this case must be MAX 1 tornado away from being dead before you name namelock him, else he has the chance to kill you!

Make sure these guys does NOT hit you, cuz if they do, you could easily die!

#8 - Explaintation

Why do I need lvl 94?

Simple. - To get max life from oak, and dmg from sks you'll need lvl 94, not less or more, unless you are wasting your sks ofc.

Why should I run away instead of teling away when i'm getting stunned?

Well to make a teleport you'll need to wait for the time it takes for u to get "un stunned" plus the time from teleport to make it's move! - So if you got 6 frames from fhr, and 10 frames from teleport, it actually takes you 16 frames to get away!

- since running is something you can do instantly you'll only have to wait 6 frames, so it's harder for your enemy to catch you in the stunarea if you're running!

Is it possible to kill sorcs or other elemental charectors without the abs gear?

Deffinately! - Actually I don't even have abs in my stash, and i'm doing quite well! - I added the feature for lamers / FFA'ers where it should work quite well, however when I'm ffa-duelling it's neather a problem!

Why should I use Suicide branch wand in stead of Wizzards Pike?

Well It's simple, difference between them is that wizzy gives more resistance, and Suicide branch gives 60 life / 50 lower @ resistance / +1 skill! - The scs in your inventory gives 50 @ resistance, so I don't see the point in using wizzy while using them, because u get the same res with 10* 20/5's + suicide brach as u get with wizzy / 10* 20 life scs! - So well the suicide branch is if you can afford the 20/5's, cuz then u get 1 more skill / 60 life!

What should I use Shako + Seraphs amu 2 sks for?

Well I made this druid with a precast bo build in case I need extra life, however it's not nessecary!

Isn't energy important for druid, since they're spending it quite easy?

Well sometimes it is if it's a long duel, but I prefer taking life than mana still! - You can get mana through your pot's and if you don't got more mana, well then it's just too bad! - Though my druid has 862 mana, so it happens rarely, that I even need mana!

Why don't you have block / % dr build against barbs?

Well I had a druid once with such build, but I had 1 k lower life, and I didn't got better against barbarians! - The easiest way to kill barbs imo is with high fcr and to be disturbing, that's why I haven't a block build!

I've seen many people "BLOCK" tornado, is it possible?

Well though it looks and sounds like people block tornado they don't! - Well actually they do, but tornado hit's even if you block it!

But Twister is possible to Block

What are the advantages compared to the Maxblock druid?

Well, there are some good things and bad things about being nonblock!

Nonblock:

163 fcr
99 fhr
8.4 k life
44 % Dr
17 % block

With nonblock you usually have to play more defensive in Tvt's if there's a bowama among them, however he's pro vs all casters, and usually barbs/smiters aswell!
Even against a single bowamazones it's easy for me, only problem is if there's a team, and a bowamazon among em' however I usually go with a teammate who can take the dmg.

Maxblock:

99 fcr
3x fhr
6 k life
50 % dr
75 % block

Maxblock simply sux hard vs. casters, and your chances are reduced against hammerdins, cause you got less fcr. It's possible to have a caster setup in stash, however it won't gain your life at all, and you're simply just weak vs. casters!
ALso when using MB, your oak skill is reduced a lot, so your life is a lot lower!
Well since fhr is a very important part, many usually uses more fhr skillers, but well that takes away another k life, which makes your life as noblock about 5 k, if you use my build.

I think this guide sux hard!

If the case is that you think the guide sux, it's just you that sux! - I've prooved my skill several times, and I do not need to apopogize my choises of equipment and likely!

If you prefer hoto / shako / sojs build, go fuck yourself hard, and wonder why you think hoto > all, cause it doesn't!

#9 - My druid

That was my Elemental druid guide!

In case you don't believe it's my own bo, check this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awIqvYSXcpI

Use it well wink.gif

Thank you.
~ Incestic
Gold: 3.33
Jan 19 2008 02:02pm
just a side note on the Smiter duels, if they wait for you to NameLock them, even though you only tele close, they might, like me, have their finger over the charge hotkey and swap to it the second you tele close, and IF they are good they will lock onto you and not your wolves, getting you into a ton of trouble if they land the Charge hit xD However, I have yet to see a better way for a Ele druid to duel a defensive Smiter. Nice Life, I like the guide, although there are already a TON so it prolly won't get a sticky >.<
Jan 19 2008 03:02pm
Quote (Yankzfan @ Sat, 19 Jan 2008, 21:02)
just a side note on the Smiter duels, if they wait for you to NameLock them, even though you only tele close, they might, like me, have their finger over the charge hotkey and swap to it the second you tele close, and IF they are good they will lock onto you and not your wolves, getting you into a ton of trouble if they land the Charge hit xD However, I have yet to see a better way for a Ele druid to duel a defensive Smiter. Nice Life, I like the guide, although there are already a TON so it prolly won't get a sticky >.<

I guess it will, Ryhn added it once already, but I told him to delete it, cause I would make an update! smile.gif
He told me to pm him once I updated and he would stick it..

Well you're right about smiter.. The duelling strategy haven't been updated really, so ahm not kind of sure what I've written there, but well teling out of screen once he get a name lock.. I'll play defensive as druid when vs smiter smile.gif

THank's for the comment though
Gold: 299.18
Jan 19 2008 03:52pm
Quote (Incestic @ Sat, 19 Jan 2008, 21:43)
Well firesorc's should be a big problem if you're using hotspur, though they're fb's can be deadly anyway!

gozu
Jan 19 2008 04:33pm
Quote (tudey @ Sat, 19 Jan 2008, 22:52)
gozu

doesn't matter, you get the point!
Gold: 282.00
Jan 19 2008 04:55pm
/
In case you don't believe it's my own bo, check this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awIqvYSXcpI

prebuffed...you do that all the time?
Jan 19 2008 04:58pm
Quote (Bes @ Sat, 19 Jan 2008, 23:55)
prebuffed...you do that all the time?

Sure I don't, W/O I get 8031 life, which is enough imo aswell smile.gif
Jan 19 2008 07:59pm
Your druid : Gozu ! biggrin.gif

~Jaco.
Warn: 10%
Jan 19 2008 08:36pm
Hi,

Nice guide. For those who don't have access to the bugged belt....do you recommend dungo?
Jan 20 2008 04:05am
Quote (mnlancer @ Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 03:36)
Hi,

Nice guide. For those who don't have access to the bugged belt....do you recommend dungo?

Hm well there are serveral options:

With dungo you actually get the same stats as with bugbelt:

BB= 15 str / 25 dex
Dungo = 40 vita

and well You won't have to put 25 to dex, so it's a bit more usefull in that way!
YOu also get 10 more fhr... Only problem is the 5 % less dr, 20 less @ res, and you loose 1 @ sk.

But yes dungo is also awesome..

You can also use coa + arach, in that way you resistance is kept, you get max %, a lot fhr, and you keep the fcr bp, however you loose a lot life, from your circlet.

Thank you.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll