d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Private Message System Guide > ** Common Faq Questions **
Closed New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 9,504.66
Trader: Trusted
Dec 22 2007 02:16pm
Private Message System Guide

Below is a list of common FAQ questions about the new Private Message system. This guide will cover a basic walk through for each question. If you have a question, and you feel it should be added to this guide

because it's being frequently asked. Please contact me via the PM system.

*** Click on a question to be directed to the guide ***

Topics

If your question cannot be found here, please open a new topic in the General Help section and a knowledgeable member will assist you.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 23 2007 04:06am
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 02:24pm
1. Why does it say "Messages: 12" when I have no new messages?

The PM count has been modified so that you will always see how many PMs you have stored.

For example, if you currently have 12 PMs (No new PMs), your header message will look like this:

But, if you recieve a new PM, the header will change and you will see a new message:

If this solution did not answer your question, scroll up and view the other faq questions. If your answer can still not be found there, please open a new topic in the General Help section and a knowledgeable member will assist you.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 02:29pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 02:47pm
2. How do I add / remove people to my Address Book?

The address book is very similar to the previous address book, but it has been seperated. Now, instead of the Block List and Address Book, being combined into one page. It is seperated into two.

How to Add someone to your address book

Click "Manage Address Book" on the bottom left navigation in the PM system.

Once in the Address Book, simply input correct information into the "User Name" and "Comments" field. Be sure that you're adding a valid d2jsp User Name otherwise it will not work.

Once a user has been added to your address book, it should look like this.

How to Remove someone from your address book

Very basic. Select the user by clicking the checkbox left to his/her d2jsp user name. Then click the "Delete" button below.

If this solution did not answer your question, scroll up and view the other faq questions. If your answer can still not be found there, please open a new topic in the General Help section and a knowledgeable member will assist you.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 02:49pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 02:57pm
3. How do I add / remove people from my Block List?

The block list has been changed from a merged Address Book / Block List page to a seperate Block List page. Read below to learn how to add and remove d2jsp users from your block list.

How to Add someone to your block list

Click "Manage Block List" on the bottom left navigation in the PM system.

Once in the Block List, simply input correct information into the "User Name" and "Comments" field. Be sure that you're adding a valid d2jsp User Name otherwise it will not work.

Once a user has been added to your block list, it should look like this.

How to Remove someone from your Block List

Very basic. Select the user by clicking the checkbox left to his/her d2jsp user name. Then click the "Delete" button below.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 03:00pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 03:11pm
4. How do I identify a read PM from a new PM?

Just like the old system, the read PMs will have a lighter colored icon than the new PMs. Below is a screenshot of a basic PM inbox. It includes, read, new and replied PMs. I will identify each one so you can learn how to tell the difference.

Read PMs

A read PM will have a lighter colored envelope icon and the title of the PM will not be bolded.

Unread PMs

Unread PMs will have a darker colored envelope icon and the title of the PM will be bolded.

Replied PMs

When you reply to a PM, an arrow left of the PM title will appear to indicate that you have read and replied to that PM.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 03:13pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 03:24pm
5. How does Archive Messages work?

With the Archive Messages system you can backup messages when you have reached your maximum capacity.

First, open the Archive Messages page by clicking the "Archive Messages" link in the bottom left navigation in the PM system.

Once there, you can select which folder's contents you wish to generate a backup for. Simply select the folder and then select the format (for more information on the file formats, please look at question #8), then click "Do Archive". You will now be presented with a download window, simply download the file to your computer and you're finished!

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 03:28pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 03:42pm
6. When I delete a PM, my stored messages doesn't decrease. Why?

Unlike the old system, when you delete a message from your PM box, it will be relocated to your "Trash". In order to permanently delete a message from your PM box you have to "empty" your Trash".

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 03:42pm
Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 04:11pm
7. How do I add / remove folders?

Just like the old system you can easily add and remove message folders. Read below to learn how to add and remove a message folder.

First, visit the "Folder Management" page by clicking the "Manage My Folders" link in the bottom left navigation.

Once there you can now add and remove folders from your PM box.

How to add a new folder

To add a new folder, simply input the name of the folder you wish to add in the "Folder Name" field, and click the "Add New Folder" button below it.

Once a new folder has been added, it should look like this.

How to remove a folder

To remove a folder, simply click the checkbox left of the folder you wish to remove, then click the "Delete Folder" button at the bottom.

Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 04:19pm
8. What are all these output formats?

With the new Archive Messages function, you can expore a specific folder's messages into many different file formats.

Plain Text (.txt)

This is a basic text document that can be opened and viewed with Notepad, Microsoft Word or any other basic word processing software.

Comma Seperated Value (.csv)

Quote (Wikipedia.org)
The comma-separated values (or CSV; also known as a comma-separated list or comma-separated variables) file format is a file type that stores tabular data.

This file can be opened with any basic word processing software.

HTML (.html)

Quote (Wikipedia.org)
HTML, an initialism of Hypertext Markup Language, is the predominant markup language for web pages. It provides a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document

This file can be opened with any browser or basic word processing software.

XML (.xml)

Quote (Wikipedia.org)
The Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a general-purpose markup language.[1] It is classified as an extensible language because it allows its users to define their own tags.

This file can be opened with any basic word processing software or web browser.

Retired Moderator
Dec 22 2007 04:38pm
9. What is the message tracker and how does it work?

New to the PM system, you can now track private messages. With track messages you can see if a PM you sent is read, unread or deleted.

How do I track a message?

When you're sending a PM, simply check the "Track this Message" box at the bottom of the New Private Message page.

To view your tracked messages, simply click the "Message Tracker" link located in the bottom left navigation.

How do I identify if the PM is left unread?

If the PM you sent is left unread by the user, it will have a bold title and a darker blue icon to the left.

How do I identify if the PM is read?

If the PM you sent is read by the user, it will no longer have a bold title and a lighter blue icon will be to the left.

How do I identify if the PM is replied to?

When the user that you sent a tracked PM to replies, it will no longer have a bolded title, the icon to the left will be a lighter blue. Also, to the left of the topic title there will be an arrow icon indicating that a reply has been sent.

How do I identify if the PM is deleted?

If your tracked PM was deleted, the icon located to the left will be grey instead of blue.

This post was edited by Markro on Dec 22 2007 04:40pm
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll