d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Uber Necromancer V1.11 - 2.0 By: Jer > A Guide To Kill Ubers, With A Necro!
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,997.95
Dec 12 2007 11:33am
Opening Statements

First off I'd like to make a few statements people need to know. This guide is based off USEast Ladder standards, but honestly it's the same for any realm. This is for v1.11 Necromancers using summons to kill the Ubers. #1 This is possible, stop being a non-believer. #2 This necro can be good in pvp. #3 This guide for the most part requires you to be able to get good quality gear. (Meaning that it may be a bit costly, and you can not substitute 50% of these items.)
Also I would like to say thanks to my friends who helped me test this and make it possible. (You know who you are.)

This is the Uber Summon Necro for v1.11 - 2.0 - By: Jer

Skill Allocation

The skills that are not subject to change are marked with a * to signify this. This is based upon user discretion.
The skills that are subject to change are marked with a ~ to signify this. This is based upon user discretion.

20 Skeleton Mastery*
20 Skeleton*
20 Skeletal Mage*
1 Clay Golem*
1 Blood Golem* (Strictly a synergy.)
1 Iron Golem* (Strictly a synergy.)
1 Golem Mastery*
1 Summon Resist*
1 Revive* (This is within the most important skills area.)
1 Bone Armor*
1 Decrepify* (This is within the most important skills area.)
1 Amplify Damage* (Strictly a synergy.)
1 Weaken* (Strictly a synergy.)
1 Terror* (Strictly a synergy.)
20 Bone Wall*
20 Bone Prison*

Now in order to max all the skills I have listed, you must be level 100. Since this is not possible, I suggest you leave Bone Prison for last and continue skilling it everytime you level.

Stat Allocation

The stats, if done properly as I show here, will be the best yuo can get and should not be changed unless you have altered some of the gear I suggest.

Strength: This depends simply on what type of Enigma you use. I suggest using Breast Plate (30), Mage Plate (55), or Dusk Shroud (77) for their low requirements.
Dexterity: You aren't max block, so none.
Vitality: All the rest you get obviously.
Energy: Don't be silly, no Energy for you.

The Breakpoints

Here we venture into the wonderful world of break points. You don't really have to worry about these if you are confused, if you use the gear I suggest then you will hit these. (I know some of you just don't understand, this is as simple as I can make it.)

FCR Frames - We want to hit 75% - 10 frames.
0% 15
9% 14
18% 13
30% 12
48% 11
75% 10 icon_pointl.gif
125% 9

FHR Frames - Here we want to hit 57% - 7 frames.
0% 13
5% 12
10% 11
16% 10
26% 9
39% 8
56% 7 icon_pointl.gif
86% 6
152% 5
377% 4

The Equipment

Finally, we have reached the equipment stage in developing our Uber "Slaying" summon Necromancer.
The equipment that is not subject to change is marked with a * to signify this. This is based upon user discretion.
The equipment that is subject to change is marked with a ~ to signify this. This is based upon user discretion.

Helmet: Shako. Cheap, and it has skills, life, mana, stats, and not bad defense. (Green is sexy on this guy.) *
Armor: Enigma. This is the only armor for this build. ~
Weapon #1: Beast. To be honest, you're an idiot if you don't see why I put this down. Fanaticism = IAS; Meaning those sexy little Urdars with their cb hit fast, killing faster. ~
Shield #1: Spirit. This is very handy for its mana, resistance, magic absorb, skills, Faster Hit Recovery rate, Faster Cast Rate, and Vitality. (We all heart.gif the Faster Cast Rate also.) * (I would also suggest a Storm Shield so you can tank hit easier, as you are mainly sitting back and attacking.) *
Weapon #2: Call to Arms. This is plainly obvious. Battle orders, and battle command. *
Shield #2: Crappy spirit. This is only for boing, doesn't need good stats. *
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope. Skills, resistance, and stats, what more can I say? ~
Ring #1: Stone of Jordan. This is used for mana and skills. ~ (The more mana, the more you can teleport around.)
Ring#2: Stone of Jordan. This is used for mana and skills. ~
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh. Skill, mana, and Faster Cast Rate *
Gloves: Magefist. The Faster Cast Rate and mana regenerate is nice. ~ (This is strictly if you want to teleport a lot, or want to feel safe to teleport around with enough mana.)
Boots: Sandstorm Trek's. This is good for the Vitality, but mainly the strength so you can wear that nasty Spirit Monarch/Storm Shield. Also has fhr, which is almighty. Obviously. *

Charms: Honestly, I think that skillers are a waste, but if you must have them get Summoning(Necro) 30+ lifers. Annihilous and Torch are enough for me. Small charms are nice though. (20 life and 5 to all resistances.)

Not only is your gear important, but so is your mercenary's. Your mercenary is essential to pulling this off. Without him it will be next to, if not, impossible. (Or at least damn hard.)

This gear is not subject to change in any way.

Helmet: Guillaume's. This is for Diablo and Baal. I suggest and Um or Ber rune in it to help out a little.
Helmet #2: Kira's This is for fighting mephisto. Your mercenary needs all the light res he can get to stay alive. I suggest you put an Ort rune in it.
Armor: Fortitude. This armor does wonders! Chilling armor, enhanced damage, enhanced defense, life, resistance, damage reduced, and max light resistance.
Weapon: Infinity. Hands down the perfect weapon for this. It has crushing blow, good damage, prevent monster heal, Vitality, and conviction.

Strategy

The first time you do this I suggest you follow what I say exactly, but after you get the feel for it make your own if you feel more comfortable that way. Okay, well grab your merc and go into act 1 and kill some fallens for your skeletal army to arise. Once you have all your skeletons you need to head out to the River of Flame. Why the River of Flame? For Urdars of course!! Kill a bunch of them and use revive to have an army of Urdars. Why Urdars? Urdars are big and tough, but that's not all. They have crushing blow in their attacks. Crushing blow is the key to killing Ubers on any character. The more you have, the faster Ubers die. After you have your entire army ready bo them all and get into trist. (By this I mean go make the portals; Don't make them before this as Urdars are not always present.) Now make sure you have a lot of gold because your merc will most likely die a few times. First teleport around until you lure out Mephisto. It's best to take him out first since he will cause trouble when killing the others. Use the Decrepify curse on him constantly and just stand back and let your Mercenary and Urdars do all the work. The skeletons are basically just shield, but they can rape if you want to pvp a little (and have skill) lol.

Q & A

Question - OMG LVL 100 TO FINISH SKILlZ/?????/??//???/???///???

Answer - Level 100 is if you want to be very dedicated and do it all the way (hacking the server that is). This is why I have posted what skills are subject to change. Essentially 20 to Bone Prison is just there to show you. Just skill it last as all it does is allow you to absorb more with your bone armor.

Question - What if I make the character following the guide and use the strategy suggested, but it doesn't work?

Answer - This is a problem, I will be honest here. But like anything else can be resolved with some brainstorming. If it doesn't work then I think you may want to recap what you did and think if you followed the guide correctly, but if you can't fix it, feel free to pm me for help anytime.

Question - What if I find an item that is better than one you suggested?

Answer - If it actually is better, then by all means use it. Please pm me if you do though, as it would be nice to hear some imput from my readers on their views.

Question - How sure is your faith in this guides funtionality? (How well do you think it will work?)

Answer - 100% if you follow it correctly.

Question - i r nub n dun no wai u only poot 1 n boen amror...

Answer - Because Bone Armor is better by maxing the synergies rather than maxing Bone Armor itself.

Question - Okay, so I don't really understand the Breakpoint thing and I am afraid I will mess up my character unless I understand what it is, and how it works.

Answer - Well, Breakpoints to be honest are a bitch sometimes. But alas I will explain a little. The "FASTER HIT RECOVERY" Breakpoint is how long it is before you can cast again. Meaning, you get hit, and within 2 seconds you can finally Teleport out of the mob. The "FASTER CAST RATE" Breakpoint is how fast you are able to cast in a row. Meaning you can Teleport to Andarial in 10 seconds, or 24 seconds. (The more the better.) But to make this a little easier to understand, don't worry about it because with the gear I have set up, all the breakpoints are met. wink.gif

Question - I'm not sure I made it correct, but I don't want to remake the character unless I absolutely have to.

Answer - Please send me a P.M. requesting a checkout for your necro. Include: Game, Game Password, Character name and Account name, and tell me briefly how much you followed my guide(25%, 50%, 75%, just a percent please).

Ending Statements

All in all this guide is down to the core all you need to know for this build. I've put some time into researching this build to make it public knowledge. This build is a very fun one to play with, and is very powerful with the correct use. If you see any of the information here is incorrect, or you find something that could be changed for the best, please pm me and let me know. Please let me know how useful you think this guide could be. wink.gif

Peace,
-Jer

This post was edited by jer-is-da-best on Dec 12 2007 11:35am
Gold: 1,586.70
Dec 12 2007 01:04pm
and too make sure your Urdars attack the Ubers spam terror (Ubers arn't affected)

anyway nice guide thumbsup.gif
Gold: 0.01
Dec 12 2007 01:07pm
Quote (The_Chao_Master @ Wed, 12 Dec 2007, 20:04)
and too make sure your Urdars attack the Ubers spam terror (Ubers arn't affected)

anyway nice guide thumbsup.gif

You could use Dim vision too. Or Confuse/attract I think. But normally you would have to actually invested skillpoints to get those - fun though, using confuse on the minions.

Btw, the yellow (along with some other colors) is really hard to read...

This post was edited by yerkyerk on Dec 12 2007 01:07pm
Gold: 1,586.70
Dec 12 2007 01:15pm
Quote (yerkyerk @ Wed, Dec 12 2007, 07:07pm)
You could use Dim vision too. Or Confuse/attract I think. But normally you would have to actually invested skillpoints to get those - fun though, using confuse on the minions.

Btw, the yellow (along with some other colors) is really hard to read...

not really tho

Terror is used so YOUR minions doesn't get distracted
when you use Dim Vision they still run up to them, just Decrefy the Uber, use Terror tele on the Uber and Spam terror (if you have the mana for it)

that keeps everything away (execpt Ubers ofcourse) which means the Urdars can Quietly destroy him
Dec 13 2007 09:23am
Thanks guys, I'll change up the colors a bit with the next revision. I changed a little bit of the gear and re-made my skill trees for this one. If there are any suggestions let me know. I'll check out the terror thing btw, I've never thought of that.
Gold: 3.33
Dec 22 2007 04:15pm
A- on the guide.
Why only an A-?
Well...
A++ on Info and fullness
B- on Color schemes. I had to copy in into word and make it all black to read it, lol
Anyways, I've always been a believer in Necro Uber(Used to use one) but I'm sure tons of players that don't believe(Nubs, I call em) would like a video for proof, if you can get one on YouTube.
Dec 22 2007 09:41pm
Quote (Yankzfan @ Sat, Dec 22 2007, 04:15pm)
A- on the guide.
Why only an A-?
Well...
A++ on Info and fullness
B- on Color schemes. I had to copy in into word and make it all black to read it, lol
Anyways, I've always been a believer in Necro Uber(Used to use one) but I'm sure tons of players that don't believe(Nubs, I call em) would like a video for proof, if you can get one on YouTube.

Thank you for the review. I have actually retired my uber necro for the time being, due to the fact that I am currently not playing. (Christmas break and what not.) But after the holidays I will make a video and post it for the non-believers. But for anyone who needs proof, pm my friend Twisted_Ded, he currently has an up and running Uber Necro he made from my guide and will be glad to show it's functionality.

P.S. I'll work on the color scheme in the next revision. wink.gif

This post was edited by jer-is-da-best on Dec 22 2007 09:41pm
Gold: 102.17
Dec 22 2007 10:09pm
Quote (jer-is-da-best @ Sun, Dec 23 2007, 03:41am)
Thank you for the review. I have actually retired my uber necro for the time being, due to the fact that I am currently not playing. (Christmas break and what not.) But after the holidays I will make a video and post it for the non-believers. But for anyone who needs proof, pm my friend Twisted_Ded, he currently has an up and running Uber Necro he made from my guide and will be glad to show it's functionality.

P.S. I'll work on the color scheme in the next revision. wink.gif

Wes is a rand
Gold: 998.00
Dec 22 2007 10:25pm
Looks interesting, definitely more exciting than smiter.
Dec 23 2007 10:41am
Quote (aB29 @ Sat, Dec 22 2007, 10:25pm)
Looks interesting, definitely more exciting than smiter.

It definitely is more complicated to use at first, but yes, it is much more exciting than a smiter. It depends on whether or not you can make a change and use the character to it's full potential though. If you can learn to use it correctly, it's just as good. Otherwise, you don't know what you're doing wrong and think it sucks.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll