d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Fire Claw/armageddon Shaper
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 2 2007 10:24pm
I'm going to introduce a build I guess you guys propably haven't heard about before.
I've never heard about it before so I thought this out myself, attempting to create something at least a bit new to this game
No it's not the usual Fire Claw bear/wolf.
Before I cut to the main part I'd like to tell you what this char is capable of doing;
Mass fire damage!
Armageddon is a funny skill, it can be explained as "Sorceress Fireballs mutated with meteor things raining down from the sky"
Because the spash damage have the same range as a fireball, and woah it's literally pouring down helluva lot of it
Armageddon can be activated while Morphed, it will start raining small meteors randomly around you.
Armageddon can be aimed if you start running, it will start following after you like a long trail, not too unsimilar to the sorceress Blaze skill
Anything following you will be burned to crisps.
On top of that you will be able to fend for yourself with the Fire Claws skill, the effect is simple; adds fire damage to your attack.
Also, before I cut to the main part I'd like to point out that this Build will work with both shapes; Bear and Werewolf, so you can pick a favourite!
Alright, enough chit chat, let's see what this is all about.

Stats:
Dex: Enough to max block with Storm using no weapon
Vita: Rest here

Skills:
Summoning skills:
1 Oak (life)
1 Raven (distraction)
1 Spirit wolf (distraction)
Shape Shifting skills:
1 Werewolf
1 Lycantrophy (Life + time staying shaped)
1 Feral Rage (Prequisite)
1 Werebear
1 Maul (prequisite)
20 Fire Claws (main attack)
Elemental Skills:
10 Fire Storm (Synergy)
20 Molten Boulder (Synergy)
1 Fissure (Prequisite)
20 Volcano (Synergy)
20 Armageddon (Second source of damage)
1 Arctic Blast (Prequisite)
1 Cyclone Armor (Prequisite)
1 Twister (Prequisite)
1 Tornado (Prequisite)
1 Hurricane (Prequisite)
(At level 93 = that's reached. It's pretty much the basic level choice for me)

Equip:
Helm: Jalal's Mane. There is no better option. Socket it with a Fire Facet.
Armor: Enigma. 2 Skills 45% Frw 8% Dr and the mass Strength needed to support the heavy shield.
Shield: Storm Shield. Socket it Ber for DR cap or Fire facet for damage. Spirit on switch.
Gloves: Dracul's. You can pick something else here if you want but I found Drac's most useful here.
Boots: Sandstorm Trek. Str, Vita, fhr, frw + some nice psn res stack.
Belt: Rare belt with 24% Fhr, Strength, life and maybe some fire/Light resist for further stack. Can be replaced with a Craft belt with same adds +x% open wounds
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope. +2 Skill +5 Stats & Res Stack.
Rings: Always Keep 1 Raven on. You'll need the Cannot be frozen mod. Second ring can be pretty much anything, a nice dual leech ring with ar & Dex maybe, or why not a BK for +1 Skill, LL% and life
Weapon: a 6 Socket Phase blade socketed with 3 x Fire facets + 3 x 15@/15Ias jewels. Belive me, I went through the whole arsenal of possibilities and it all narrowed down to this!
Remember, a shaper can only get Ias from the weapon and with this you will hit the best ias/damage balance. Cta on switch.

Inventory:
Druid Torch
Annihilus
9 x Shape sks with high life
1 x Fhr sc with Res (@res or Fire/Light res)
9 x Sc's with Life/Res.

Mercenary:
Act 2 Merc Nightmare Defensive.
Andariel's Visage(Ral'd or 30% Fire res 15% Ias Jewel)
Infinity in eth CV/CA (Aim for High Ed% one, we don't need the -light res)
Eth Fortitude

The result:

(Picture taken using 40 Life sks + BK 0.8 patch ring with 50 permanent life bonus. With BO + Oak)
Unshaped/Unbo'd this druid has 1702 Life so I'm not kidding about the huge increase with just 1 to lyca 1 to oak
13k-15k(16k for bear) Fire claws damage
8k-9k Armageddon damage
7k+ Life
Stacked Res
Maxblock
50% DR Cap (if Ber'd Storm, otherwise 35% +8% = 43% DR)
86% Fhr bp reached (6 frames Werebear form, 3 frames for Werewolf)

8 Frame ias (3.1 attack/Second) on both Bear and Wolf
-20 - 25% Enemy Fire res (More in PvM with Conviction merc)

How to use:
Go outside town
Switch to BO Switch
BO
Morph into what you like more(Wolf - more ar +Feral rage bonus skill[Huge frw boost, LL])(Bear - more life & Dmg, Maul bonus skill[not too useful but fun charge up skill])
Summon your oak, wolves, ravens
BO them
switch back
Start the killing spree.

This character is a GM character with a lot of potential.
(PvM)
If the enemy is fire immune, let your merc take care of it with his Physi/Cold damage
(PvP)
If the enemy is using Absorb, stack res this character will become pretty useless.
Only thing to do here is to build up some physi dmg using Botd BA/Grief PB/Eth Tomb and Maul/Feral rage them
If not, they can be sold to McDonalds as French Fries.

I hope I didn't waste your time happy.gif

This post was edited by Coxukr on Dec 2 2007 10:46pm
Gold: 3,209.94
Dec 2 2007 11:07pm
Nice guide smile.gif

Gold: 200.46
Dec 2 2007 11:45pm
seems pointless to ever use werebear. cool though.
Gold: 120,593.01
Dec 2 2007 11:47pm
A 6 shael'd pb would give 5 attacks per second. Yea, little lower damage, but you'd attack at 6.2 attacks per second as a bear (5 per as a wolf). And gloves can give 20/20 fire/lite res. Using a pair of laying of hands for 50 fire resistance and a rare ar ring with around 40% lite resistance would be the same effect for the res jewels. Cold resistance isn't a big deal pvm and with treks I'd imagine your poison resistance to be fine.

Or instead of all that, could use bloodfist, or IK gloves (20 str and dex, very helpful for this it looks) instead of dracs.
Magefist would also give +1 fire skills beefing up fire claws/Armageddon.
Cleglaw's pincers (gloves) also provide knock back and slow. Not sure how helpful this would be, but could come in handy in packs.

Just some thoughts.

Quote (Soma_Cruz @ Mon, Dec 3 2007, 12:45am)
seems pointless to ever use werebear. cool though.
Bear can achieve a higher attack speed in the end if aimed for.

This post was edited by Morholt on Dec 2 2007 11:48pm
Dec 3 2007 07:37am
Quote (Morholt @ Mon, Dec 3 2007, 05:47am)
A 6 shael'd pb would give 5 attacks per second.  Yea, little lower damage, but you'd attack at 6.2 attacks per second as a bear (5 per as a wolf). And gloves can give 20/20 fire/lite res.  Using a pair of laying of hands for 50 fire resistance and a rare ar ring with around 40% lite resistance would be the same effect for the res jewels.  Cold resistance isn't a big deal pvm and with treks I'd imagine your poison resistance to be fine.

Or instead of all that, could use bloodfist, or IK gloves (20 str and dex, very helpful for this it looks) instead of dracs.
Magefist would also give +1 fire skills beefing up fire claws/Armageddon.
Cleglaw's pincers (gloves) also provide knock back and slow.  Not sure how helpful this would be, but could come in handy in packs.

Just some thoughts.

Bear can achieve a higher attack speed in the end if aimed for.

lol. Totally forgot about the 6 shael PB. It's totally perfect now that I tested it + Helluva lot cheaper!
Of course it's better since you'll be doing double as many hits
The damage will be worse though. 12k - 14k Fire claws + 7.4k - 8.4k on werewolf and bear (using magefists) and 12k - 13k Fire claws 7k - 8.1k on Werefolf & Werebear while using other gloves
I wouldn't use Bloodfist for this build though, we don't need the fhr, ias won't work and we've already worked up life a lot (I got 7777 life with bear using bloods)
Magefists will work up your fire damage even more but not that much. (still 14k-16k fire claws and 8.4k - 9.5k armageddon with bear)
You won't need Str from the gloves so IK gloves are useless
I just just chose Drac's for the Leech and chance for Life Tap but as I stated before, you can choose anything you like here

This post was edited by Coxukr on Dec 3 2007 07:55am
Dec 3 2007 08:17am
I also seem to suck at maths -.-
30% fhr from jalals + 24% fhr from belt + 20% from sands + 1 x 5% fhr sc = 79% fhr,,,
So instead get 30% fhr from jalal's 24% Fhr from Belt + 20% From sands + 1 x 12% Fhr Sk =86%
and replace the fhr sc with a Life/Res one
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 5 2007 09:53pm
Nice guide bro smile.gif
Dec 5 2007 10:29pm
neat guide, the only downside of this build is being easily sorbed though.
Dec 5 2007 11:17pm
Quote (DayandNight @ Thu, Dec 6 2007, 04:29am)
neat guide, the only downside of this build is being easily sorbed though.

since when did pvp become bm only? happy.gif
Gold: 10.77
Dec 6 2007 07:10pm
it's a fun build
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll