d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Jarrad's Build To The Ultimate Vt V4.0 East Realm
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 30 2007 03:34pm
Jarrad’s build to the 1.11 Ultimate Vindicator/Templar GM/BM on East Realm

Contents
-Main Gear (GM)
-Secondary Gear (Listed is what I used to BM every character-all gear is not required)
-Charms
-Stats
-Skills
-Mercenary
-My Hotkey Setup

Gear

Helm: Ber’d Shako of course. Having the extra life/mana and the 2 skills are always an advantage in any duel. The Ber Rune is for Damage Reduced, which in this case allows you to take less physical damage. The max cap for Damage Reduced is 50 and in this build you will be hitting 49 with your main setup. Shako already has 10% Damage Reduced and a Ber Rune is 8% making your total Damage Reduction so far 18%.

--Easy Relist of Helms from High to Low Price: Harlequin Quest Shako

Armor: Enigma, no other armor compares, giving you the ultimate skill “Teleportation” to your VT. More than one thing, good, comes from this armor including: Mass amount of Strength, 2 more to all skills, gives another 8% Damage Reduced now making your total 26%, and 5% increase to your overall maximum life. The biggest part of this armor that I think comes in handy is the ability to “tele-smite” which is basically like it sounds teleporting on an enemy and smiting. The key to this is trying to get desync first.

--Easy Relist of Armors from High to Low Price: Enigma Mage Plate, Breast Plate, Full Plate Mail, Gothic Plate, Dusk Shroud, Mesh, or any other Low Strength Requirement Armor with 3 Open Sockets

Weapon: The Grief Phaseblade which I consider to be the weapon that revolutionized smiting period. The Phaseblade is the only weapon that will allow you to hit the max IAS breakpoint with this build. The main thing you want to hit with the Grief is Damage. Hitting up to 400 “invisible” Damage making your VT lethal at close range.

--Easy Relist of Weapons from High to Low Price: Grief PhaseBlade

Shield: Upgraded Ber’d Herald of Zakarum. This shield gives you 2 skills to combat and 2 to all paladin skills which greatly improves your Fist of the Heavens power. You gain 50 more to all resistances, 20 more to vitality and strength, have very small scale of min and max smite damage, and with this build you will have max block till level 97 if you decide to go that high. The last thing I would like to mention is the Ber Rune again which is another 8% added onto your original 26% now making your total 34%.

--Easy Relist of Shields from High to Low Price: Upgraded Herald of Zakarum, Guilded Herald of Zakarum

Belt: Verdungo’s , 40 to vitality, 10% to Faster Hit Recovery, and of course 15% to Damage Reduced once again bringing your Damage Reduced from 34% to you final 49%.

--Easy Relist of Belts from High to Low Price: Verdungo’s Hearty Cord

Gloves: Glyph War Gauntlets, I choose these because of the light resistance when I did VT vs VT/TV duels. Any other gloves that have 19 dex, 13+ str, and 33+ life with some sort of resistances. Other types of Godly Gloves that could be used for this build would be ghoul fingers, cruel hold, soul touch, and cruel claw gauntlets. If you need to resort to last items you could always use IK gloves (high dexterity) and dracul grasp gloves.

--Easy Relist of Gloves from High to Low Price: Glyph War Gauntlets, Ghoul Fingers, Cruel Hold, Soul Touch, Cruel Claw, Immortal King’s Gauntlets, Dracul Grasp Gloves

Boots: There are two different ones you will need. The first is Bitter Brogues, These give you the 13 Dex needed to maintain Max Block and to use your Grief Phaseblade. They also have a nice tri-resistance for vs’n all in public games. These are what you will use during VT vs VT/TV duels. The other pair are Water Walks, these have 15 dex which still allow you to maintain Max Block and use your Grief while adding on a whopping 65 life. I only used these against non-element characters such as a barbarian, necromancer, druid, or “pure” smiter. If you can’t afford bitter brogues try and get some soul spur boots or standstorm treks.

--Easy Relist of Boots from High to Low Price: Bitter Brogues, Soul Spurs, Rune Slippers, Water Walks, Sandstorm Treks, Gorerider Boots

Amulet: Armageddon Slippers, these have been and always will be the best damn amulets for VT’s. Giving you 2 to all paladin skills, 20 str, 17 dex, 59 life, 58 mana, and 20 to all resistances. Enough said. If you can’t get this try and get a godly crafted paladin amulet with some of those mods and last but not least mara’s kaleidoscope is always available if you can’t any of these I mentioned. Giving 2 to all skills, up to 30 on all resistances, and 5 to all stats.

--Easy Relist of Amulets from High to Low Price: Armageddon Slippers, Godly Crafted Paladin Amulet, Mara’s Kaleidoscope

Rings: 20 dex Raven Frost and a Bul-kathos Ring. The Dex helps your VT his max block easier while gaining as much life as possible and adds Attack Rating for charge. You can try to get a 250 which like they say “The more the better”. The Bul-kathos ring adds life and 1 extra skill to all your skills.

--Easy Relist of Rings from High to Low Price: Raven Frost, Bul-Kathos

Gear on Switch

Shield: Spirit sacred targe for the 60% Block factor also adding 2 more to all skills which helps your battle orders.

--Easy Relist of Shields from High to Low Price: Spirit Sacred Targe, Lidless Wall Grim Shield

Weapon: Call to Arms FOH Stick. I had a 6/6/4 3/3/1. Some people think that having +3 holy shield helps a VT’s smite power, but it really doesn’t. You will still gain some of the defense from switch, but you’ll lose all the smite power your gained. So in this case, since you’re a VT, I think adding onto your Fist of the Heavens power only helps you. I would say when I went back to switch on my CTA I got about another 40% increase on FOH power. On average at level 96 I have almost a 4.3k FOH with -100% conviction and going back to my CTA made that a 4.5k FOH with -120% conviction.

--Easy Relist of Shields from High to Low Price: CTA FOH stick preferably 6/6/*-3/3/1, CTA Flail preferably 6/6/*, CTA Divine Scepter preferably 6/6/*

Secondary Gear for BM’ing All Characters

Notice: There is some gear I did not mention in the main build. You can end up getting the items I mentioned, using them as I have said for Bad Mannering Characters. To stick with Good Manners duels just follow the Gear in the Main Gear Section.

VT/TV/VC/SMITE: Like I mentioned up above you will basically use Bitter Brogues for resistances. You will want to keep your Herald of Zakarum on for Max Block and the added Resistances and the Damage Reduced can always be a life saver . Only switch to Water Walks over Bitter Brogues when you go against VC/Smiters. Also stick on those 20/11’s (Life/Light Resistance) replacing the 20/5’s so when you go up against TV’s you have a mass stack on light resistance since their FOH is more powerful than yours. The real way to win any VT/TV/VC duel is constantly FOH when they aren’t near you. When you are charging around have your holy freeze on at all times. Try to desync and get into a position to tele-smite them when you can(make sure they aren’t already name locking you or tele’n onto them will give them the advantage in a smite down). Sometimes real good duels with go without a smite and depend fully on FOH. The only way to truly get good at these is practice yourself. If you are experiencing trouble with a TV in a GM duel there is a different solution, but this will lower your Smite and FOH power. Simply put on an Ber’d SS which will be giving you the max Damage Reduced also providing a high block so you don’t lose too much from switching our your Herald of Zakarum. Second, since you now have full Damage Reduced from SS stick on Tgods in place of your Dungos for some light absorb (one piece of absorb is GM). Last put on a Jah’d shako to increase your life. At level 96 I think I still had around 5150’ish life and 3.6 FOH with a 2.6 Smite. Use this only if you are extremely good at tele-smite for this build is only to buy you time from getting punished by their FOH power. Don’t worry about smite since they are a TV and they rely more on FOH power so their smite is only in the 2k’s, right around where you smite will be with SS. Remember if this is Bad Manners you can always use Treachery Runeword to pre-fade.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing VT/TV/VC/SMITE builds: Ber’d SS, Tgods, Treachery, Jah’d Shako

Hammerdins: Replace your dungos with an arachnid mesh and your bul-kathos ring with 10% faster cast rate ring with some other mods like health and mana. Put a Jah’d Shako on along with a Jah’d Herald of Zakarum. All hammerdins do is deal magic damage “not” physical so you don’t need Damage Reduced. By doing this it will raise your Faster Cast Rate and give you a huge leap in life. The strategy dueling a hammerdin is to keep your holy freeze on and keep moving down on the map screen hoping they will tele on you(at that point you would switch to Fanaticism and Smite and attack. They will try and desync hammers around you hoping for you to run into them. Holy freeze makes their desync/charge more visible but does not stop it. This will be the hardest character for you to duel but good practice will make them seem like less of a threat. If they spam hammers just FOH them from a distance until they decide to try and tele on you, then Smite them of course when they tele on you. Hammerdins that only tele are by far some of the easiest characters you will face once you get use to making your hotkeys 2nd instinct.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Hammerdins: Arachnid Mesh, 10% FCR Ring with Life and Mana Mods, Jah’d HoZ, Jah’d Shako

Poison/Bone-Summon Nerco: Well poison necros are just annoying all they do is run, run, and run. Just make a shield for absorbing poison lol and tele-smite them. If they aren’t Max Block charge them. Bone necros on the other hand can be a fair challenge. You’re going to put on the same gear you used for fighting a hammerdin since all the damage they do is use magic damage. You will also need the Faster Cast Rate for escaping their Bone Prisons. Basically just try to avoid random spirits and FOH the necro till he gets close enough that you can tele-smite him. If he uses Summons just wait in town till they die lol. Or you can stick on an exile and tap off his summons till you kill him. Watch out for his clay golem because it slows your attack speed down a lot and trust me Smite has to hit the max IAS or trying to kill people just isn’t going to work. Most necro’s have 125% faster cast rate therefore if your smite isn’t hitting the max IAS break point they are going to stun the shit out of you with bone spear. Another option is just taking off your HoZ and replacing it with a Spirit Sacred Targe so you don’t have to switch everything around as I mentioned with the Hammerdin. Make sure it’s a 30%+ FCR Spirit.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Poison/Bone-Summon Nerco builds: Arachnid Mesh, 10% FCR Ring with Life and Mana Mods, Jah’d HoZ, Jah’d Shako, Exile Sacred Targe, An Extra Spirit Sacred Targe

BVC/BVB/BVA: These will be the easiest for you. At level 94 you can stick on a Sacred Targe Exile, switch out your Bul-kathos ring and put on a 20 dex Raven Frost to maintain Max Block and just life tap your way through them. You could also have a life tap wand on switch with 2x ko runes in it to maintain Max Block while your casting the curse, but that’s usually a lot more difficult. Stick on your Water Walks and try to tele-smite them when they are not in whirl wind. Flash holy freeze to slow them down and walk in front of their whirl winding path and smite away. If they decide to stay away from you FOH them and eat away at their life. Most of the time you will be playing defensive so just wait till they make a mistake with trying to tele on you and walk in the path to smite them. Remember to walk and not run.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing BVC/BVB/BVA builds: Sacred Targe Exile, Another 20 Dex Raven Frost, Life Tap Wand socket with 2x Ko’s

Fire/Cold/Light Sorc: I had 3 different shields I used for stacking against elements. All of them were 45 res sacred targes. My Light Resistance shield included 1x Lo Rune and 3x Perfect Topez. My Fire Resistance shield included 3x Vex Runes and 1x Perfect Ruby. My Cold Resistance Shield included 1x Ohm Rune and 3x Perfect Sapphire gems. Trust me they all work, I re-made them until I got just the right amount of max stack, just pair the element you want to take out with the type of element shield (simple enough). If you want even more Bad Manners for light add 1x 20 Lighting Absorb Wisp replace the Bul-Kathos with this and replace Dungos with Tgods belt. First sorc you could replace the Bul-kathos with a dwarf star ring but it really isn’t needed as fire sorcs are easy enough. Last is the cold sorc and would be your hardest. Put on 2x Raven Frost and a Snow Clash Belt. Then to even further BM you can pre-fade by getting a Treachery Breast Plate or some other low str. Req armor. If you have the other 20/11’s like I mentioned before for all the other elements stick those on too. Now you better win with all this on because it is some massive stack and it’s just about impossible to loose unless your afk in moor.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Fire/Cold/Light Sorc builds: 3x Stack Shields like I mentioned Above, Treachery, Fire/Cold 20/11’s, Extra Raven Frost, Snow Clash, Tgods, 1x Dwarf Star, 1x 20 Absorb Wisp

Mass Energy Shield Sorc: This is only if they mass stack on bugged manas. All I did was stack my absorb gear like I mentioned up above and switched out my grief phase blade for a 6os phaseblade which I put in 4x Um runes for open wounds which negates energy shield and heads straight for their health then I put in 2x 15/15 IAS/Resistance jewels. You don’t really need the IAS since you already hit the Max IAS breakpoint so if you would like to put some higher resistance jewels in there or even put 2x Lo runes in there for deadly strike which would work just fine. Basically all your doing is tele-smiting if you can and then running away to avoid taking damage. It is all basically a hit and run. Yes, it seems cheesy but just let the open wounds do its work. Open Wounds acts almost as a poison eating away at their life except it is based on taking a certain percentage out of how much life they have. The other option is charging and running, either way you have enough stack and 100% to cause Open Wounds on them every time you hit. Most likely they will run back to town and kiss Akara before they die, trying to deny that their tank of a sorc is still unstoppable.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Mass Energy Shield Sorc builds: All the Sorb/Stack gear I mentioned in the first Sorc Section, 6os PhaseBlade socketed with 4x Um’s and 2x rare jewels involving resistance

Bow/Java Amazons: Just keep your Max Damage Reduced gear on and put on holy freeze aura and just charge them till they go down. Amazons are easily another character that won’t stand in your way for long. If they are a Java Zon just do the same thing. Now if they are a Far Casting bitch just stick on some or all the light absorb gear I mentioned in the sorc section and they won’t even be able to touch you. Please don’t die to them with all that stack and absorb on.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Bow/Java Amazon builds: 1x 20 Absorb Wisp, Your Light Res Stack Shield mentioned in the sorc section, Trechery, Tgods

Fire/Cold/Rabies/Furry Druid: If you would like for the Windy Druids only which would also be known as cold. You can stick on exile to tap off of their minions if you feel like BM’n and other than that use your FOH power to knock out their oak sage, then just tele on them and smite away. It’s the same with Fire druids or you could always wait till they make a bad move and they end up tele’n on you. Now if you have a Fire druid that camps just stick on your fire res shield and smack him a couple times. Rabies and Furry druids you can just use FOH and kill them honestly. If they ever try to and get near you just smite them. Their attack is based on attack rating and you have Max Block as where smite “always” hits. Ez Cakes.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Fire/Cold/Rabies/Furry Druid builds: 1x Dwarf Star, Your Fire Res Stack Shield mentioned in the Sorc section, Sacred Targe Exile

Trapper/Whirl Wind Assassin: Trapper just charge and tele-smite, absorb them if necessary with the light absorb gear mentioned in the sorc section. For Whirl Wind sins they will usually use low damaging Traps. I would personally just stick on Tgods and that’s it. Some can be a pain in the ass to beat but I doubt you will run into many. Treat these like a Barbarian. Just tele-smite if you are good at it and if not walk in front of them. Notice I do not say run as that lowers your chance to block. Walking keeps it at 75%. It’s WhirlWind, you can life tap as you please. If you are having trouble with a mind blast trapper stick on an 08 Valk if you can afford one socketed with a 9 strength/9 dex/22 def/7fhr jewel or some other dexterity/resistance jewel. The dexterity is needed because you lose 2 stat points when taking the shako off and the prohibits you from using your grief phaseblade. Don’t put your waterwalks on in place of your bitter brogues because you’ll lose stacked resistances.

--Easy Relist of Items for Secondary Setup in Killing Trapper/Whirl Wind Assassin builds: 08 Valk socketed with 9 strength/9 dex/22 def/7fhr jewel or some other dex/resistance jewel, 1x 20 Absorb Wisp, Tgods, Your Light Res Stack Shield mentioned in the sorc section

Charms

9x Paladin Combat Charms (Lifers) - These only add onto your life and Smite/FOH power. These top off at 45 life, so the higher the life the better.

10x 20/5 Small Charms (Life/All Resistances) - As a VT you need to always keep your resistances up.

9x 20/11 Small Charms (Life/Light Resistance) - Use these for your VT/TV duels to negate the conviction. You can also get 20/11 Cold and Fire Resistance ones if you feel the need you’d like more Resistances in other areas.

20/20 Paladin Torch - Giving you 3 to all skills, 20 to all stats, and another 20 to all Resistances will greatly help you overall with your VT build.

20/20/** Annihilus Small Charm - Adding 1 more skill point to all your skills plus another 20 to stats and resistances. The exp doesn’t really matter although the higher the more valuable.

Stats

This is really simple since you have elite gear.

Strength: none, your torch, anni, and enigma cover for everything you will be wearing.

Dexterity: 6 points is all you should need if you have 19+ dexterity gloves. If not just enough to hit Max Block and use your Grief Phaseblade.

Vitality: Dump all remaining stat points into this section. More life>All.

Mana/Power: Delete your character and start over if you put “1” point into this section.

Skills

Combat Skills
-20 Smite (your main attack as a VT)
-20 Holy Shield (improves your smite damage)
-15 Fist of the Heavens (this is your secondary damage since you’re a hybrid).

Offensive Skills
-20 Fanaticism (adds damage to your smite and allows you to hit the IAS bp).
-15 Holy Shock (These have to be hard points meaning not items that add skills).
-1 Conviction (This lowers the opponent’s resistance so your FOH power damages them).

Defensive Skills
-There is nothing in this section that you will benefit from.

*The reason why I had you do a 15/15 on the FOH/Holy Shock is because it gives you the best overall around damage you can get. You can keep increasing levels but you will have all these skills finished by level 94. You should be hitting at least 4k FOH with almost 5k life. At Level 96 I hit almost 5200 life with 4.2k FOH. So you can see how drastically your life and FOH power increase. The reason you are not putting 15 into holy bolt is because it’s a healing skill and you will gain absolutely no FOH power from It.*

Mercenary

Notice: Having a mercenary is not required.

Mercenary: Now for a VT using an merc isn’t the most favored thing since rely on getting close to kill. Well I have tried all of them and I narrowed it down to the barbarian act 5. I used rogue merc act 1 for the longest time keeping and ice bow on here to slow enemies down and well… she died to easy because I wouldn’t tele enough. Then I went to the act 2 merc. This worked fairly well with a 120/45 helm, fortitude, and breath of the dying war pike. He hit about 18.3k damage with my fanaticism on and 15k without it. I made sure he had holy freeze hoping he would freeze enemies and he did fairly well. The problem was he was low on resistances and had low health (not enough to tank one hit). I then finally decided to move onto the act 5 merc for a couple reasons. The act 5 merc can be fast, powerful, tank hits, and heals the fastest out of all mercs. Since you are also a close range weapon as a VT you want a close range merc. Now keep in mind I only used this merc to kill sorc’s, amazons, and necro’s. All those characters run on low life. All you are trying to do is tele on top of those opponents and just smite them along with your merc helping or tanking damage for you. Going against hammerdins and so forth he will not do well since he attack system is based on attack rating (not going to hit all the time). My act 5 merc ended up hitting 13k attack damage with my fanaticism on and 8k without. All that damage is still enough to punish sorc’s, necros, and amazons. Now like a said a merc is not needed, but just think of it as a tank for you.

Mercenary Gear:

Helm: 120/45 3os skull or some other 3os helm that you can socket 40/15 jewels into (Enhanced Damage/Increase Attack Speed). You don’t want 2os gskull because of its knockback, which will make your act 5 merc have to walk towards the opponent again just to attack. Instead, having him constantly attack in one spot is better.

Armor: Fortitude Archon Plate will work or any other fortitude armor. This adds life, resistances, and a mass amount of damage onto your merc. Try to get an eth fortitude in the 3500 defense range.

Weapon: Last Wish Colossus Blade, this has up to 70% crushing blow, life tap, a small percentage to cast fade on your merc when hit (adding more resistances), and it’s just over-all a powerful weapon
(Up to 390 damage) allowing you to hit the max IAS break point for your barbarian merc.

Hotkeys

Q=Smite(Left Click)
W=Teleport (Right Click)
E=Fanaticism (Right Click)
R=Holy Shield (Right Click)
A=Charge (Left Click)
S=Conviction (Right Click)
D=Fist of the Heavens (Left Click)
Z=Battle Command (Right Click)
X=Battle Orders (Right Click)
Tab=Holy Freeze (Right Click)
Mouse Wheel Up=Switch Weapons

Note: This can be challenging at first and all the keys may seem close together but after a while it will become 2nd instinct. If this doesn’t work you can of course set your own hotkeys to whatever improves your gameplay.

PM Me if you have in-depth questions.
PM Bib for VT/VT duels.

~~Any Feed Back or Questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.~~

Credit:
Giovanni
Doorman
Bib
Nov 30 2007 03:35pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll